Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Astrid, 12, lives with her mother, Ingrid, in Los Angeles.
• Astrid is careful about the way she interacts with her carefree mother, for fear that Ingrid will leave her.
• Ingrid meets Barry at a poetry reading and they begin dating.
• Ingrid begins to behave out of character because of her emotions for Barry.
• Ingrid finds that Barry was merely using her as a conquest and has moved on.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Ingrid is vengeful because of Barry's rejection of her, so she begins stalking him obsessively.
• Ingrid breaks into Barry's house, wipes out his computer, rips his shirts, and leaves behind oleanders.
• The police show up and Ingrid lies to them about the stalking, saying that he was the one stalking her.
• Ingrid and Astrid go to Tijuana to pick up DMSO, a medication.
• The police show up again, this time to arrest Ingrid.
• Astrid is put in...
This section contains 1,432 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)