|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Orest?
2. What is the name of Murray's rival and fellow professor who died over vacation?
3. The last line of this novel refers to the cults of what?
(a) The quick and the dead.
(b) The famous and the dead.
(c) The personality and the persona.
(d) The rich and powerful.
4. Who is the "full sister" of Jack's oldest daughter (i.e., which other child has the same mother?)
(b) Mary Alice.
5. Which child does Jack find at the simulated evacuation?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what he says at first, how did Willie Mink learn English?
2. What headline does Willie Mink use to advertise Dylar and attract experimental volunteers?
3. Which family member is the first to know about the spill?
4. What kind of car does the family's newspaper delivery person drive?
5. What is the name of the man Winnie turns up and whom she says is "the resident organizational genius" working on Dylar?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Heinrich, toxic spills are not "the real issue." What does he tell his sisters and parents they should be worried of?
2. How did the mock evacuation in Chapter 28 turn out?
3. According to Jack, why does this family not have to worry about evacuating or being affected?
4. What is the (potentially wrong) answer Denise gives Babette when Babette wonders why UFOs always come from upstate?
5. According to Jack, what is the effect weather reports have on the elderly?
6. Where does Jack drive Willie Mink and why?
7. What is Orest Mercator trying to do?
8. Why is Denise concerned about Babette going running, and what does she do about it?
9. When the family does not want to cook, where do they go and what do they eat?
10. Murray says that there are two kinds of people, killers and diers. Which one does Jack say he is and why?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)