|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what he says at first, how did Willie Mink learn English?
(a) From watching American TV.
(b) At school in Texas.
(c) With language-learning tapes.
(d) From lessons with Howard.
2. What does the following description refer to: "the tablet was not chalky like aspirin and not exactly capsule-like either"?
(a) Nyodene D.
(d) Dylodene Derivative.
3. What is the name of the German book Jack sees at Howard's?
(a) Die Bibel.
(b) Das Aegyptische Todtenbuch.
(c) Sein und Leben.
(d) Das Buch der Geschwister.
4. What does the D. in Nyodene D. stand for?
5. Whom does Jack follow around campus?
(d) Mr. Gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member is the first to know about the spill?
2. What kind of storm is predicted to hit?
3. What is the name of the man Winnie turns up and whom she says is "the resident organizational genius" working on Dylar?
4. Which family in the neighborhood has a new dog?
5. Where are they supposed to evacuate to?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Jack, what is the effect weather reports have on the elderly?
2. What is the (potentially wrong) answer Denise gives Babette when Babette wonders why UFOs always come from upstate?
3. According to Heinrich, what are the effects of Nyodene Derivative?
4. What is the condition Babette has, for which she is taking Dylar.
5. Which particular kind of people does Jack notice watching the insane asylum burn down, when he and Heinrich go to watch?
6. How did Babette convince Mr. Gray to let her try the Dylar?
7. Where does Jack discover Babette's Dylar?
8. Why is Heinrich crouched outside on the roof at the beginning of Book 2?
9. What is the Law of Ruins Jack describes?
10. According to Jack, why does this family not have to worry about evacuating or being affected?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)