|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Orest's trainer practice?
2. According to what he says at first, how did Willie Mink learn English?
(a) From watching American TV.
(b) From lessons with Howard.
(c) With language-learning tapes.
(d) At school in Texas.
3. Which Russian author does Murray mention in Chapter 37?
4. According to the video they watched in school, what happens when a rat is exposed to Nyodene D.?
(a) Sustained cancer.
(b) Instant rash.
(c) Rapid swelling.
(d) Urgent lumps.
5. The last line of this novel refers to the cults of what?
(a) The quick and the dead.
(b) The personality and the persona.
(c) The famous and the dead.
(d) The rich and powerful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dessert does the family eat when they go to the fast food restaurant?
2. What is written on the green armband of the man who checks them in at the evacuation site?
3. Who was Jack's first wife?
4. What is Jack's doctor's name?
5. Where does Willie shoot Jack?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Willie Mink?
2. Why is Denise concerned about Babette going running, and what does she do about it?
3. Which particular kind of people does Jack notice watching the insane asylum burn down, when he and Heinrich go to watch?
4. When Murray and Jack discuss the weird feelings they have about Howard, what are some of the things they mention that just do not feel right?
5. When Jack asks Babette for Mr. Gray's real name, why does she refuse to tell him?
6. How did Jack act during his appointment with Dr. Chakravarty?
7. According to Jack, what is the effect weather reports have on the elderly?
8. Why is Heinrich crouched outside on the roof at the beginning of Book 2?
9. How did the mock evacuation in Chapter 28 turn out?
10. What happened to Orest's quest to break the world record? What happens when he tries to do it?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)