|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the gun Jack takes to the hotel?
(a) Smith and Wesson.
2. What is the name of Jack's oldest daughter?
(b) Mary Alice.
3. What is the name of the German book Jack sees at Howard's?
(a) Das Buch der Geschwister.
(b) Die Bibel.
(c) Das Aegyptische Todtenbuch.
(d) Sein und Leben.
4. According to what he says at first, how did Willie Mink learn English?
(a) From watching American TV.
(b) From lessons with Howard.
(c) At school in Texas.
(d) With language-learning tapes.
5. Whom does Jack follow around campus?
(b) Mr. Gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Albert Speer?
2. Who is teaching a seminar about car crashes?
3. The last line of this novel refers to the cults of what?
4. Which character says, "A male follows his path of homicidal rage. It is the biological path. The path of plain dumb blind male biology."
5. Which Russian author does Murray mention in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jack asks Babette for Mr. Gray's real name, why does she refuse to tell him?
2. According to Heinrich, toxic spills are not "the real issue." What does he tell his sisters and parents they should be worried of?
3. What is the condition Babette has, for which she is taking Dylar.
4. What causes the family to evacuate, eventually? What is the thing that convinces them?
5. What happened to Orest's quest to break the world record? What happens when he tries to do it?
6. What happened to Cotsakis, Murray's rival in Elvis studies?
7. Which particular kind of people does Jack notice watching the insane asylum burn down, when he and Heinrich go to watch?
8. When the family does not want to cook, where do they go and what do they eat?
9. Where does Jack drive Willie Mink and why?
10. Why is Heinrich crouched outside on the roof at the beginning of Book 2?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)