|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine does Jack's doctor mention the latest issue of?
(a) The Lancet.
(b) American Mortician.
(c) The New England Journal of Medicine.
(d) The American Medical Journal.
2. When Jack sees someone in the backyard, whom does he think it is?
(b) Mr. Gray.
3. What kind of dessert does the family eat when they go to the fast food restaurant?
(a) Apple pie.
(b) Chocolate chip icecream.
(d) Ice cream.
4. What is Babette's father's name?
(a) Vernon Dickerson
(b) Dick Grayson
(c) Dick Vernon
(d) Vernon Dickey
5. In Chapter 35, what is Babette wearing "almost all the time"?
(a) Business suit.
(b) Academic robes.
(d) Evening gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the police officer see "thrown from a UFO" in town?
2. What is the name of Book 2?
3. To whom does this description apply: "people who look lost among the dazzling hedgerows" of the supermarket?
4. What is the name of the material the emergency worker's suits are made out of?
5. What does the D. in Nyodene D. stand for?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Heinrich, what are the effects of Nyodene Derivative?
2. What causes the family to evacuate, eventually? What is the thing that convinces them?
3. Whom does Jack give the sample of Dylar to, and why?
4. What is the (potentially wrong) answer Denise gives Babette when Babette wonders why UFOs always come from upstate?
5. What happened to Orest's quest to break the world record? What happens when he tries to do it?
6. According to Heinrich, toxic spills are not "the real issue." What does he tell his sisters and parents they should be worried of?
7. Which particular kind of people does Jack notice watching the insane asylum burn down, when he and Heinrich go to watch?
8. Why is Denise concerned about Babette going running, and what does she do about it?
9. What does Winnie Richards think of Babette's condition and of the true purpose of Dylar?
10. What is the Law of Ruins Jack describes?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)