|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Orest's trainer practice?
2. According to Jack, how did Orest eat?
(a) According to aerodynamic principles.
(b) Like a vaccuum cleaner.
(c) Like a starving man.
(d) According to barbaric habits.
3. What distinguishes Babette from Jack's other wives?
(a) She does not have any children.
(b) She is an orphan.
(c) She does not keep secrets.
(d) She does not cook.
4. Instead of a "plume", what does the weather center call the smoke?
(a) Black billowing mass.
(b) Feathery cloud.
(c) Black billowing cloud.
(d) Toxic fog.
5. Who demands to know the real name of Mr. Gray?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Jack's first wife?
2. What does the D. in Nyodene D. stand for?
3. Which character says that you should not worry about toxic spills, but about cancer and radiation instead?
4. To whom does this description apply: "people who look lost among the dazzling hedgerows" of the supermarket?
5. How did Babette get her hands on Dylar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which particular kind of people does Jack notice watching the insane asylum burn down, when he and Heinrich go to watch?
2. Murray says that there are two kinds of people, killers and diers. Which one does Jack say he is and why?
3. Why is Denise concerned about Babette going running, and what does she do about it?
4. Whom does Jack give the sample of Dylar to, and why?
5. Where does Jack drive Willie Mink and why?
6. Why is Heinrich crouched outside on the roof at the beginning of Book 2?
7. What happened to Orest's quest to break the world record? What happens when he tries to do it?
8. According to Jack, why does this family not have to worry about evacuating or being affected?
9. What does Winnie Richards think of Babette's condition and of the true purpose of Dylar?
10. According to Heinrich, toxic spills are not "the real issue." What does he tell his sisters and parents they should be worried of?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)