|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Orest's last name?
2. What is the name of the doctor on Babette's pills?
3. What is Babette's father's name?
(a) Vernon Dickerson
(b) Dick Vernon
(c) Vernon Dickey
(d) Dick Grayson
4. According to Jack, how did Orest eat?
(a) According to aerodynamic principles.
(b) Like a vaccuum cleaner.
(c) Like a starving man.
(d) According to barbaric habits.
5. How old is Orest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who returns home in Chapter 29 and begins throwing things out of his/her closet?
2. According to what he says at first, how did Willie Mink learn English?
3. What is the name of Murray's rival and fellow professor who died over vacation?
4. What does the D. in Nyodene D. stand for?
5. The last line of this novel refers to the cults of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Law of Ruins Jack describes?
2. What is the (potentially wrong) answer Denise gives Babette when Babette wonders why UFOs always come from upstate?
3. According to Jack, what is the effect weather reports have on the elderly?
4. Who is Willie Mink?
5. When Murray and Jack discuss the weird feelings they have about Howard, what are some of the things they mention that just do not feel right?
6. What happened to Cotsakis, Murray's rival in Elvis studies?
7. Where does Jack discover Babette's Dylar?
8. What happened to Orest's quest to break the world record? What happens when he tries to do it?
9. According to Heinrich, what are the effects of Nyodene Derivative?
10. As Jack is going faithfully to his German lessons, what is he is practicing?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)