|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the German teacher live?
(a) In an ashram.
(b) In the asylum.
(c) In the dormitory.
(d) In the rooming house.
2. Which supermarket aisle did Jack's doctor advise him to avoid?
(a) The fruit and vegetable aisle.
(b) The shampoo aisle.
(c) The dairy aisle.
(d) The frozen foods aisle.
3. What does she teach there?
4. Heinrich interrupts Jack and his sisters as they look through what book?
(a) Mother Goose.
(b) The Bible.
(c) Mein Kampf.
(d) German-English dictionary.
5. Which of the children confronts Babette directly about the medication?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says that she was thinking seriously of eating "yogurt and wheat germ" at this first lunch depicted in the novel?
2. Eric tells Jack that he looks different without what?
3. What do Heinrich and Jack have a philosophical conversation about on the way to school?
4. In what year did the narrator invent his academic department?
5. What is the only class Jack still teaches?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bob Pardee passing through town?
2. What does Babette look like?
3. Why did Jack name Heinrich Heinrich?
4. Why did Babette want to see "station-wagon" day?
5. Describe how Murray interacts with Jack and Babette at the supermarket.
6. Describe the family lunch the Gladneys eat, in terms of who attended, what they ate and what the mood was.
7. Why does Bee say that the people who crash landed went through a bad experience for nothing?
8. Why does Murray come over to watch television with the kids?
9. What does Bee claim about the conflict between her mother and stepfather?
10. Why is the chair of the department of American environments (the pop-culture department) opposed to Murray's establishment of Elvis studies?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)