|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is his opponent in jail for?
(a) Grand theft auto.
(b) Money laundering.
(d) Postal fraud.
2. According to Heinrich, what is the result when plastic furniture burns?
3. What happened while Jack is waiting at the airport with Tweedy ?
(a) A plane was hijacked.
(b) A plane crash landed.
(c) A plane exploded.
(d) A plane disappeared.
4. Which language does Bee speak a little of?
5. Who told Jack that he should go by J. A. K. instead?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(d) The chancellor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Jack find a German teacher?
2. What color is Babette's hair?
3. Who is the narrator of this novel?
4. What does Babette like to drink when she comes from class?
5. In the car, Heinrich offers five dollars to anyone who can name the population of which country?
Short Essay Questions
1. Babette's class at the Church is made of what kind of people learning what activities?
2. What does Bee claim about the conflict between her mother and stepfather?
3. Describe the scene that opens the novel, in terms of setting, action and narration.
4. Why did they evacuate the grade school in Chapter 9?
5. What is so shocking about Jack's trouble with German?
6. Describe what happens when Denise confronts Babette about the Dylar on the way to the mall.
7. What kind of exercise does Babette do? Does Jack join in?
8. Describe the student body of the College-on-the-Hill.
9. Why does Murray come over to watch television with the kids?
10. What does Babette look like?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)