|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Jack find a German teacher?
2. In the car, Heinrich offers five dollars to anyone who can name the population of which country?
3. According to the doctor, what did Gladys die from?
(a) Morbid obesity.
(b) Intermittent apoplexy.
(c) Chronic anxiety.
(d) Lingering dread.
4. What color does Jack use to describe the moon when he and Babette walk home from the Church?
5. Who was Gladys?
(a) Babette's mother.
(b) Bee's mother.
(c) Mr. Treadwell's sister.
(d) Tweedy's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mr. Treadwell live?
2. What do the Gladneys give Murray?
3. Why does the family crowd into Steffie's room?
4. What is the relationship between Dana Breedlove and Jack.
5. What color is Babette's hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bob Pardee passing through town?
2. What is the conflict between Babette and Denise, vis-a-vis sugarless gum?
3. What kind of exercise does Babette do? Does Jack join in?
4. Describe what happens when Denise confronts Babette about the Dylar on the way to the mall.
5. Why do they bring Wilder to the doctor in Chapter 16?
6. Why does Jack think the Treadwells did not ask for help when they were lost?
7. Why is the chair of the department of American environments (the pop-culture department) opposed to Murray's establishment of Elvis studies?
8. Characterize Heinrich in terms of the discussion about the rain he has with Jack. What does DeLillo want us to understand about him?
9. What does Babette look like?
10. Why does Bee say that the people who crash landed went through a bad experience for nothing?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)