|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 35, what is Babette wearing "almost all the time"?
(a) Academic robes.
(b) Business suit.
(c) Evening gown.
2. What food items is Jack referring to in the following description: [it] was gleaming and wet, hard-edged? There was a self-conscious quality about it. It look carefully observed..."?
(a) Ice cream.
(d) Ground beef.
3. What is the name of the German book Jack sees at Howard's?
(a) Das Aegyptische Todtenbuch.
(b) Das Buch der Geschwister.
(c) Die Bibel.
(d) Sein und Leben.
4. What does Heinrich bring with him when they finally evacuate?
(a) All of the above.
(d) Highway map.
5. What religion does Orest's trainer practice?
6. What is the name of the gun Jack takes to the hotel?
(b) Smith and Wesson.
7. According to Denise, what does the neighborhood family think their new dog "is"?
(a) A mongrel.
(b) A robot.
(c) A chihuahua.
(d) A space alien.
8. Who was Jack's first wife?
9. Jack describes the gun as what ?
(c) Cold steel.
(d) Light as a feather.
10. What kind of storm is predicted to hit?
11. What is the name of Murray's rival and fellow professor who died over vacation?
12. What is the name of Book 3?
(b) The Dylar Chronicles.
(c) Adventures in Dylar.
(d) Dylar D.
13. What does Jack discover hidden in the bathroom?
(b) Heinrich's diary.
(c) Babette's love letters.
14. Which family in the neighborhood has a new dog?
(a) The Suskinds.
(b) The Seavers.
(c) The Gladneys.
(d) The Stovers.
15. Whom does Jack follow around campus?
(d) Mr. Gray.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Jack, how did Orest eat?
2. Which character says that you should not worry about toxic spills, but about cancer and radiation instead?
3. To whom does this description apply: "people who look lost among the dazzling hedgerows" of the supermarket?
4. Who accompanies Jack to the asylum?
5. What magazine does Jack's doctor mention the latest issue of?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)