|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food items is Jack referring to in the following description: [it] was gleaming and wet, hard-edged? There was a self-conscious quality about it. It look carefully observed..."?
(a) Ground beef.
(d) Ice cream.
2. According to what he says at first, how did Willie Mink learn English?
(a) At school in Texas.
(b) With language-learning tapes.
(c) From lessons with Howard.
(d) From watching American TV.
3. Which Russian author does Murray mention in Chapter 37?
4. According to Denise, what does the neighborhood family think their new dog "is"?
(a) A robot.
(b) A mongrel.
(c) A chihuahua.
(d) A space alien.
5. What does the following description refer to: "the tablet was not chalky like aspirin and not exactly capsule-like either"?
(c) Dylodene Derivative.
(d) Nyodene D.
6. Denise is preoccupied by her mother's use of (or lack of use of) what?
(b) Nyodene D.
(d) Bottled Water.
7. Where does the family eat their fast food?
(a) At a picnic bench in the park.
(b) In the car.
(c) In the restaurant.
(d) At home.
8. Where are they supposed to evacuate to?
(a) The mall.
(b) The airport.
(c) A boy scout camp.
(d) The supermarket.
9. In Chapter 35, what is Babette wearing "almost all the time"?
(a) Academic robes.
(c) Business suit.
(d) Evening gown.
10. What religion does Orest's trainer practice?
11. When Jack sees someone in the backyard, whom does he think it is?
(d) Mr. Gray.
12. What headline does Willie Mink use to advertise Dylar and attract experimental volunteers?
(a) FEAR OF DEATH.
(b) LIVE FOREVER.
(c) YOU MAY HAVE ALREADY WON.
(d) BREATHE EASY.
13. Why does the character above say that s/he feels so good with Wilder?
(a) Because Wilder has a tricycle.
(b) Because Wilder has stopped crying.
(c) Because Wilder doesn't yet know he is going to die.
(d) Because Wilder likes to sing.
14. What is remarkable about the nuns Jack brings Willie to?
(a) They work at the supermarket.
(b) They wear Mylex habits.
(c) They are hooked on Dylar.
(d) They speak German.
15. What is the name of the motel mentioned in Chapter 27?
(a) Buena Vista Motor Lodge.
(b) Grayview Motel.
(c) Motel 6.
(d) Grayson's Motel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says that you should not worry about toxic spills, but about cancer and radiation instead?
2. What is Babette's father's name?
3. Jack describes the gun as what ?
4. What does the D. in Nyodene D. stand for?
5. Which child does Jack find at the simulated evacuation?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)