|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the police officer see "thrown from a UFO" in town?
(a) A shipping container.
(b) A body.
(c) A mysterious device.
(d) A car.
2. What does Jack discover hidden in the bathroom?
(b) Heinrich's diary.
(c) Babette's love letters.
3. What is the name of Book 2?
(a) The Airborne Toxic Spill.
(b) The Airborne Toxic Event.
(c) The Spill.
(d) Nyodene D.
4. What religion does Orest's trainer practice?
5. Who is teaching a seminar about car crashes?
6. What food items is Jack referring to in the following description: [it] was gleaming and wet, hard-edged? There was a self-conscious quality about it. It look carefully observed..."?
(c) Ground beef.
(d) Ice cream.
7. Who pumps the gas when the family is evacuating?
8. The last line of this novel refers to the cults of what?
(a) The personality and the persona.
(b) The famous and the dead.
(c) The quick and the dead.
(d) The rich and powerful.
9. According to Murray, what are the two kinds of people in the world?
(a) Liars and murderers.
(b) Killers and diers.
(c) Killers and murderers.
(d) Babies and old people.
10. According to Denise, what does the neighborhood family think their new dog "is"?
(a) A robot.
(b) A space alien.
(c) A chihuahua.
(d) A mongrel.
11. What is the name of Book 3?
(a) The Dylar Chronicles.
(c) Dylar D.
(d) Adventures in Dylar.
12. How old is Orest?
13. To whom does this description apply: "people who look lost among the dazzling hedgerows" of the supermarket?
(a) The Gladney family.
(b) Supermarket employees.
(c) Very short people.
(d) The eldery.
14. Who accompanies Jack to the asylum?
15. What is Babette's father's name?
(a) Dick Vernon
(b) Vernon Dickey
(c) Dick Grayson
(d) Vernon Dickerson
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the doctor on Babette's pills?
2. According to the video they watched in school, what happens when a rat is exposed to Nyodene D.?
3. Which character says, "A male follows his path of homicidal rage. It is the biological path. The path of plain dumb blind male biology."
4. What distinguishes Babette from Jack's other wives?
5. Which child does Jack find at the simulated evacuation?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)