|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which language does Bee speak a little of?
2. In what year did the narrator invent his academic department?
3. In what month does the book begin?
4. Who told Jack that he should go by J. A. K. instead?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(b) The chancellor.
5. What does Babette like to drink when she comes from class?
(b) Iced Tea.
6. What Asian food does Bee offer to prepare?
(b) Pad Thai.
7. Who helps Jack find a German teacher?
8. The closest airport to Blacksmith is near what city?
(a) Iron City.
9. Which child's incessant crying necessitates a trip to the doctor?
10. Which supermarket aisle did Jack's doctor advise him to avoid?
(a) The fruit and vegetable aisle.
(b) The frozen foods aisle.
(c) The dairy aisle.
(d) The shampoo aisle.
11. Alfonse is an example of one of the academic emigres from where?
(b) Santa Barbara.
(c) New York.
12. Jack says if Denise is a "pint-sized commissar," then Bee was a "silent" what?
13. With whom does Mr. Treadwell live?
(a) His sister.
(b) His wife.
(c) His partner.
(d) His cousin.
14. Which of the children confronts Babette directly about the medication?
15. Who comes over to watch TV with some of the Gladney children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack wear when he is in his J. A. K. persona?
2. How old is Jack going to be?
3. Who is the narrator of this novel?
4. What is happening to Heinrich's hair?
5. What is Heinrich's middle name?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)