|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The closest airport to Blacksmith is near what city?
(a) Iron City.
2. What do the Gladneys give Murray?
(b) A ride home.
(c) A gift certificate to the grocery store.
(d) A bag of groceries.
3. Who is Tweedy's husband?
(a) Howard Waldrop.
(b) Malcolm Hunt.
(c) Jack Gladney.
(d) Murray Siskind.
4. Where did Steffie and Bee meet each other?
(a) At a family reunion.
(b) In New York.
(c) At summer camp.
(d) At Disney World.
5. Eric tells Jack that he looks different without what?
(a) His suit.
(b) His glasses and gown.
(c) His children.
6. What dominates in the film Jack shows?
(a) American news reports from World War 2.
(b) Crowd scenes of Nazi Germany.
(c) Army footage.
(d) Nature montages of the Black Forest.
7. What do department heads wear at the College-on-the-Hill?
(a) Lab coats.
(b) Academic robes.
8. Which supermarket aisle did Jack's doctor advise him to avoid?
(a) The fruit and vegetable aisle.
(b) The shampoo aisle.
(c) The dairy aisle.
(d) The frozen foods aisle.
9. What does she teach there?
10. What kind of car plays a big role in the first chapters of the book, as parents drop off the college students?
(a) Station wagons.
(b) Moving vans.
(d) Sports cars.
11. Where does Heinrich's mother live?
(a) In a castle.
(b) In New Hampshire.
(c) In a convent.
(d) In an ashram.
12. What does Denise say causes cancer in lab animals?
(c) Sugarless gum.
13. What Asian food does Bee offer to prepare?
(a) Pad Thai.
14. Heinrich interrupts Jack and his sisters as they look through what book?
(a) German-English dictionary.
(b) Mein Kampf.
(c) The Bible.
(d) Mother Goose.
15. What is Heinrich's mother's name?
(a) Mother Devi.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mr. Treadwell live?
2. According to Heinrich, what is the result when plastic furniture burns?
3. Why is Jack impressed with the banking system?
4. What does Babette like to do with Wilder?
5. What is the structure Murray and Jack visit, which is claimed to be the "most photographed" such structure?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)