|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the doctor, what did Gladys die from?
(a) Chronic anxiety.
(b) Lingering dread.
(c) Morbid obesity.
(d) Intermittent apoplexy.
2. What is happening to Heinrich's hair?
(a) It is growing long.
(b) It is receding.
(c) It is turning gray.
(d) It is becoming curly.
3. Eric tells Jack that he looks different without what?
(b) His glasses and gown.
(c) His children.
(d) His suit.
4. What happened while Jack is waiting at the airport with Tweedy ?
(a) A plane crash landed.
(b) A plane disappeared.
(c) A plane exploded.
(d) A plane was hijacked.
5. Jack says if Denise is a "pint-sized commissar," then Bee was a "silent" what?
6. Why does the family crowd into Steffie's room?
(a) To watch a movie.
(b) To help her clean her room.
(c) To watch the sunset.
(d) To pack up her books.
7. Why does Heinrich interrupt Jack and the girls?
(a) To watch plane crash footage.
(b) To make them dinner.
(c) To debate the weather.
(d) To kick them out of his room.
8. How old is Jack going to be?
9. What, according to Tweedy, is "the last refuge of gracious living"?
(a) Communist revolt.
(b) Four-star restaurants.
(c) Travel by motorcoach.
(d) Airline travel.
10. Who told Jack that he should go by J. A. K. instead?
(a) Adolf Hitler.
(d) The chancellor.
11. Why is Jack impressed with the banking system?
(a) It is customizable.
(b) It is invisible.
(c) It is automatic.
(d) It is international.
12. Where does Babette teach?
(a) The Congregational Church.
(b) The Methodist Church.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Presbyterian Church.
13. How old is Heinrich?
14. Where did Steffie and Bee meet each other?
(a) At Disney World.
(b) At summer camp.
(c) At a family reunion.
(d) In New York.
15. What does she teach there?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what building is Jack's academic department?
2. What is the name of the cemetery Jack visits?
3. Why does Babette read to Mr. Treadwell.
4. Which child's incessant crying necessitates a trip to the doctor?
5. When Steffie answers the phone, who wants to come over?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)