Book 1: Chapter 1 - Chapter 3
1. What is the title of the first "book" or section of this novel?
(a) Wind, Water, Rain.
(b) Waves and Radiation.
(c) Station wagons and Sports cars.
(d) Oscillation and Dilation.
2. In what month does the book begin?
3. Who is the narrator of this novel?
4. Jack is the Chair of what department?
(a) History department.
(b) German department.
(c) American Studies.
(d) Department of Hitler studies.
5. At which college is the department located?
(c) State College.
6. In what year did the narrator invent his academic department?
7. What color is Babette's hair?
8. What is the word the narrator uses to describe Babette's size?
9. Why does Babette read to Mr. Treadwell.
(a) Because she is required to do community service.
(b) Because she is teaching him.
(c) Because he is blind.
(d) Because he is illiterate.
This section contains 3,234 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)