Book 1: Chapter 1 - Chapter 3
1. What is the title of the first "book" or section of this novel?
(a) Station wagons and Sports cars.
(b) Wind, Water, Rain.
(c) Oscillation and Dilation.
(d) Waves and Radiation.
2. In what month does the book begin?
3. Who is the narrator of this novel?
4. Jack is the Chair of what department?
(a) History department.
(b) Department of Hitler studies.
(c) American Studies.
(d) German department.
5. At which college is the department located?
(d) State College.
6. In what year did the narrator invent his academic department?
7. What color is Babette's hair?
8. What is the word the narrator uses to describe Babette's size?
9. Why does Babette read to Mr. Treadwell.
(a) Because she is teaching him.
(b) Because he is blind.
(c) Because she is required to do community service.
(d) Because he is illiterate.
This section contains 3,232 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)