|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beanpole find on Will in Chapter 9?
2. How does Beanpole think the tripods are able to follow them?
3. What weapons do the boys use against the Tripod?
4. What does Henry do while the thing is being taken off of Will?
5. What does Will say to Henry and Beanpole about Eloise joining the tripods?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Queen of the Tournament selected?
2. What is Beanpole's plan if anyone iscaptured in France?
3. What happens when the object is removed from Will?
4. How is the tripod destroyed?
5. How is the object removed from Will?
6. What happens after the boys destroy the tripod?
7. How does Will try to escape the city after the tournament?
8. What happens when Will and Eloise go rowing?
9. Where do the boys finally hide from the tripods?
10. What do the boys do when the tripod is finally out of sight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might John Christopher have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)