|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Will while he is hiding?
2. What does Will learn about the female winner of the tournament?
3. What does the river in Chapter 8 have in it at intervals?
4. What does Beanpole do when the tripod is out of sight in Chapter 9?
5. What do the boys see at the very end of Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the tripods able to track the boys after they have killed the one tripod, and what do the boys do to avoid this?
2. Where did the object on Will come from, and what does it do?
3. How does Will feel after he gets by the tripod, and where does he go?
4. How is the tripod destroyed?
5. What happens after the Queen of the Tournament is selected, and what does this make Will realize?
6. How is the Queen of the Tournament selected?
7. What do the boys see at the very end of Chapter 8, and how do they feel?
8. How does Henry treat Will when he rejoins the group?
9. What is Beanpole's plan if anyone iscaptured in France?
10. What happens when the object is removed from Will?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Will endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Will is very upset about what happened with Eloise. What happens to Eloise, and why was this so upsetting to Will? How does this event change him as a person?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)