|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the thing found on Will in Chapter 9 remind the boys of?
2. How long does it take for other tripods to join the fallen one?
3. What does Will confess to the woman who was in the room where he woke up?
4. How long does it take for Will to catch up with Henry and Beanpole?
5. Who is selected as the winner among the women?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the object is removed from Will?
2. Where did the object on Will come from, and what does it do?
3. What do the boys see after they successfully hide from the search party?
4. How does Will try to escape the city after the tournament?
5. Why is Will alone for most of the tournament, and what does he think about during this time?
6. What do Henry and Beanpole find on Will in Chapter 9?
7. What happens to the Queen of the Tournament, and how does she feel about this?
8. Who are the people who offer to nurse Will back to health after he falls ill?
9. How is the object removed from Will?
10. How does Will describe his life at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different stages of Will's relationship with Eloise, and how do these stages affect Will and the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
The future and the past are ingeniously combined and intertwined in this book. Where in the plot does this unique literary tool come into play, and how does its use affect the plot?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)