|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the next person to be capped when the book begins?
2. What does Will make a stockpile of as he prepares to leave on his quest?
3. What kind of power does Beanpole think used to run the vehicles that used the train tracks?
4. Where does Will arrange to speak with Ozymandias?
5. What is the tunnel that the boys explore in the ruined city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ozymandias?
2. How does Will describe the tripods?
3. What happens when Henry comes to live with Will?
4. Describe the Schmad-Fair, and how it helps Will?
5. How does Beanpole feel about his relatives and home city?
6. How does Will describe Jean Paul?
7. What happens when Henry catches Will trying to run away?
8. What does Will do that finally gets Henry to leave him alone, and what prompts him to do this?
9. What do the boys find in an underground tunnel in the ruined city?
10. What has Beanpole observed about people who get capped?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Freedom is the major overriding theme of this novel. What were some of the key places where this theme appeared, and how did these events affect the main characters of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Irony is a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony is present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)