|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of power does Beanpole think used to run the vehicles that used the train tracks?
2. What does Will's best friend do when he sees Will with his father's prized possession?
3. Who has Beanpole been raised by?
4. What is the name of the busy port town that Will and Henry reach?
5. What does Will talk to a vagrant about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will find Captain Curtis?
2. What does Ozymandias tell Will about the tripods?
3. How does Will describe Jean Paul?
4. What does Will notice about Ozymandias that is different from other vagrants?
5. What happens when Henry catches Will trying to run away?
6. What does Ozymandias do to help Will in his plan to escape being capped?
7. What does Will do when he finds a store full of watches?
8. What does Will think after meeting with Jack a few times after his capping?
9. What are the Black Ages?
10. What happens while Will and Henry are sailing across the English Channel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Will is very upset about what happened with Eloise. What happens to Eloise, and why was this so upsetting to Will? How does this event change him as a person?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)