|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Beanpole doing when he broke his leg?
2. Who follows will when he sneaks out of his house?
3. What kind of place are Will and Henry left in when they reach the end of their sea journey?
4. What special object does Will's father own?
5. What does the person who followed Will out of his house want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ozymandias's explanation about the vagrants?
2. What do the boys find in an underground tunnel in the ruined city?
3. What happens when Will goes into a store at the port city?
4. What does Will do when he finds a store full of watches?
5. What happens when Henry catches Will trying to run away?
6. What are vagrants?
7. What happens when Will and Henry land in France?
8. Describe the Schmad-Fair, and how it helps Will?
9. What happens when Henry comes to live with Will?
10. How does Beanpole feel about his relatives and home city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rest and recuperation is something Will needed many times in this book. When does he need it, and what are some of the effects this rest has on the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Will endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might John Christopher have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)