|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is selected as the winner among the women?
(c) The Comtesse.
(d) The Duchess.
2. What is the thing found on Will in Chapter 9 causing?
(a) Will's bad dreams.
(b) The tension between the boys.
(c) Will's weakness.
(d) The tripods to track them.
3. What do the boys realize at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) The White Mountains may not exist.
(b) Will is getting sick again.
(c) They do not have enough supplies.
(d) They are being followed.
4. How does Beanpole think the tripods are able to follow them?
(a) They can sense their heat.
(b) They are following their tracks.
(c) They did not get the whole tracking beacon out.
(d) They are using logic.
5. What happens to Will while he is hiding?
(a) He hyperventilates.
(b) He passes out.
(c) His muscles knot up.
(d) He begins bleeding from his wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Will say to Henry and Beanpole about Eloise joining the tripods?
2. What does Beanpole think will should do when the thing is discovered on him?
3. What are the tripods that the boys see after they escape from the search party doing with their tentacles?
4. Which direction does the river in Chapter 8 veer off to?
5. What does Will confess to the woman who was in the room where he woke up?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Will and Henry react to Beanpole's ideas about what they find in Chapter 8?
2. What happens when Will and Eloise go rowing?
3. What happens after the boys destroy the tripod?
4. What does Will do to make Eloise very upset with him?
5. What happens between the boys and the Tripod in Chapter 8?
6. How are the tripods able to track the boys after they have killed the one tripod, and what do the boys do to avoid this?
7. What happens when the object is removed from Will?
8. What is Beanpole's plan if anyone iscaptured in France?
9. How is the tripod destroyed?
10. What happens to the Queen of the Tournament, and how does she feel about this?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)