|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the thing that Beanpole finds on Will in Chapter 9?
(a) His ear.
(b) His knee.
(c) His armpit.
(d) His head.
2. What does Beanpole think will should do when the thing is discovered on him?
(a) Leave the group.
(b) Stay put.
(c) Remove the thing.
(d) Approach the tripod.
3. What do the tripods use to search the forests?
(b) Tracking beacons.
(c) Search dogs.
(d) Their tentacles.
4. Where does Will find himself after he was seen leaving?
(a) In a prison.
(b) In a guard tower.
(c) On the grass.
(d) In the tripod.
5. What do Henry and Beanpole think about the tripod experience Will had?
(a) They are curious.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are thrilled.
(d) They are frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is made easier by the objects placed at intervals in the river in Chapter 8?
2. What is the grand celebration at the end of Chapter 6?
3. What do the boys realize at the end of Chapter 8?
4. What does Beanpole do when the tripod is out of sight in Chapter 9?
5. What is Will's real reason for remaining at the celebration?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the boys come across as they travel in Chapter 8?
2. Why is Will alone for most of the tournament, and what does he think about during this time?
3. What does Will do to make Eloise very upset with him?
4. How is the object removed from Will?
5. Where do the boys finally hide from the tripods?
6. What do the boys see after they successfully hide from the search party?
7. How are the tripods able to track the boys after they have killed the one tripod, and what do the boys do to avoid this?
8. How does Will try to escape the city after the tournament?
9. What happens to the relationship between the boys while Will is regaining strength after falling ill?
10. How is the tripod destroyed?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)