|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Will confess to the woman who was in the room where he woke up?
(a) He wants to destroy the tripods.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He is afraid of being capped.
(d) He hates his cousin.
2. How does Will look to Henry when he joins up with them?
3. What does Beanpole find on Will in Chapter 9?
(a) A red bump.
(b) A tattoo.
(c) A strange rash.
(d) A metallic button.
4. When were the objects in the river in Chapter 8 constructed?
(a) The Before time.
(b) The Early Era.
(c) After the tripods came.
(d) The Black Ages.
5. What happens as Will rides out of the town?
(a) The tripod picks him up.
(b) He is captured by the guards.
(c) The priests curse him.
(d) The Comte asks him to join him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men in the White Mountains want to do?
2. How close do the boys get to the tripods they see after successfully hiding from the search party?
3. What do the boys see at the very end of Chapter 8?
4. What is made easier by the objects placed at intervals in the river in Chapter 8?
5. What does Will want to do when the thing is discovered on him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the tripods able to track the boys after they have killed the one tripod, and what do the boys do to avoid this?
2. How does Will feel after he gets by the tripod, and where does he go?
3. What does Will say when he meets up with Beanpole and Henry?
4. What does Will do to make Eloise very upset with him?
5. How does Will describe his life at the end of the book?
6. What do the boys see at the very end of Chapter 8, and how do they feel?
7. What happens after the Queen of the Tournament is selected, and what does this make Will realize?
8. What happens to the Queen of the Tournament, and how does she feel about this?
9. How is the tripod destroyed?
10. What do the boys think the two tripods are doing at the end of the book?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)