|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men at the White Mountains call themselves?
(a) Men of the world.
(b) Free men.
(c) Working men.
(d) Thinking men.
2. What does Will lose while he is at the lake with his new friend?
(a) HIs desire to go to the mountains.
(b) His respect for Ellen.
(c) His watch.
(d) His hair.
3. What do Henry and Beanpole think about the tripod experience Will had?
(a) They are thrilled.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are frightened.
(d) They are curious.
4. Who stands sentinel at the Castle during the night?
(a) The Comte.
(b) A group of knights.
(c) Some priests.
(d) The tripod.
5. What do Beanpole and Henry do during the celebration at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Make a plan to escape.
(b) Steal a map.
(c) Stock up on supplies.
(d) Locate Will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is made easier by the objects placed at intervals in the river in Chapter 8?
2. What does the tripod do when the thing is removed from Will?
3. What does Beanpole find on Will in Chapter 9?
4. Who asks Will to stay at the castle permanently?
5. What causes Will to accept the invitation to stay at the castle permanently?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the boys destroy the tripod?
2. Who are the people who offer to nurse Will back to health after he falls ill?
3. How is the object removed from Will?
4. How does Henry treat Will when he rejoins the group?
5. How do Will and Henry react to Beanpole's ideas about what they find in Chapter 8?
6. What is Beanpole's plan if anyone iscaptured in France?
7. What happens when Will and Eloise go rowing?
8. What do the boys do when the tripod is finally out of sight?
9. How does Will feel after he gets by the tripod, and where does he go?
10. What happens between the boys and the Tripod in Chapter 8?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)