|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the tunnel that the boys explore in the ruined city?
(a) A subway tunnel.
(b) An underground retreat.
(c) An ammunitions stockpile.
(d) A bomb shelter.
2. What do the boys take from the hardware store?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A tool belt.
(c) A hatchet.
(d) A hammer.
3. What do Will and Henry learn about tripods as they sail on the boat?
(a) They can hover over water.
(b) They come in differing sizes.
(c) They can control the ships.
(d) They can move on water.
4. What does Will make a stockpile of as he prepares to leave on his quest?
5. What does Beanpole call the grenades they find in the tunnel?
(a) Balls of fury.
(c) Unstable weapons.
(d) Exploding goose eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ozymandias think the tripods are?
2. How does Will feel after the celebration at the beginning of the book?
3. What is the name of the ship Will needs to find in the port city?
4. What does Will call his secret hide-out?
5. Where does Ozymandias think the tripods came from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Captain Curtis say to Will and Henry when he drops them off in France?
2. What does Will do that finally gets Henry to leave him alone, and what prompts him to do this?
3. What does Will tell Henry as they are leaving the hut, and what is Henry's response?
4. What is Ozymandias's explanation about the vagrants?
5. What do the boys find in an underground tunnel in the ruined city?
6. How does Will find Captain Curtis?
7. What happens while Will and Henry are sailing across the English Channel?
8. What does Will notice about Ozymandias that is different from other vagrants?
9. Who is the guest of honor at the celebration in the first chapter, and why?
10. What did Jack once see in a ruined city?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)