|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bolsters Will's decision to go to the White Mountains?
(a) Dreams of a life without tripods.
(b) Meetings with Jack.
(c) Seeing the vagrants.
(d) Letters from Ozymandias.
2. What percentage of the population becomes vagrants after being capped?
3. What does Will talk to a vagrant about?
(a) The tripods.
(b) Jack's capping.
(c) His mental instability.
(d) The Black Ages.
4. Where does Will arrange to speak with Ozymandias?
(a) At the vagrant house.
(b) In his barn.
(c) In the den.
(d) Behind the school.
5. Who is the next person to be capped when the book begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ozymandias think the tripods came from?
2. How does Will feel after the celebration at the beginning of the book?
3. What do the boys find on an island in the river at the ruined city?
4. Who follows will when he sneaks out of his house?
5. What is Ozymandias searching for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Beanpole feel about his relatives and home city?
2. What does Will wait for before beginning his escape?
3. What does Will's father have that is so precious to him and why?
4. What does Will tell Henry as they are leaving the hut, and what is Henry's response?
5. What does Captain Curtis say to Will and Henry when he drops them off in France?
6. What happens to Will after they leave the ruined city?
7. What are vagrants?
8. What does Will do that finally gets Henry to leave him alone, and what prompts him to do this?
9. Describe the Schmad-Fair, and how it helps Will?
10. What do the boys find in an underground tunnel in the ruined city?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)