|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beanpole call the grenades they find in the tunnel?
(a) Balls of fury.
(b) Unstable weapons.
(d) Exploding goose eggs.
2. What does Will do when he sees Henry at the beginning of the book?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He ducks into a store.
(c) He rushes to him.
(d) He pretends not to see him.
3. What country are Will and Henry taken to after finding the captain?
4. What is the name of Will's best friend?
5. Where are Henry and Will imprisoned when they are caught?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) A prison.
(d) A hospital room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is taken away from humans when they are capped?
2. What does Will's father reprimand him for after Jack's capping?
3. Where does Ozymandias think the tripods came from?
4. What does Ozymandias say is similar with all vagrants before they were capped?
5. What is the tunnel that the boys explore in the ruined city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will do that finally gets Henry to leave him alone, and what prompts him to do this?
2. What do the boys find in an underground tunnel in the ruined city?
3. How does Will describe the tripods?
4. What did Jack once see in a ruined city?
5. How does Will describe Jean Paul?
6. What does Will wait for before beginning his escape?
7. What is Ozymandias?
8. Describe the Schmad-Fair, and how it helps Will?
9. What does Will do when he finds a store full of watches?
10. What does Will notice about Ozymandias that is different from other vagrants?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)