|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long do vagrants usually stay in one place?
(a) A few years.
(b) A few weeks.
(c) A few months.
(d) A few days.
2. What was Beanpole doing when he broke his leg?
(a) Experimenting with steam power.
(b) Pretending to be a tripod.
(c) Fighting his brothers.
(d) Inventing a pogo stick.
3. What is the name of the village Will lives in?
4. What does Will stop at a store in the port city to do?
(a) Find employment.
(b) Buy some food.
(c) Ask about the ship.
(d) Ask for directions.
5. What does Beanpole call the vehicles that use the old train tracks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Beanpole say caps make humans into?
2. What does Will think about the actions of the tripods at sea?
3. What does Will talk to a vagrant about?
4. How does Will feel about his parents?
5. What does Will make a stockpile of as he prepares to leave on his quest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Will do when he finds a store full of watches?
2. Who is the guest of honor at the celebration in the first chapter, and why?
3. What does Will notice about Ozymandias that is different from other vagrants?
4. What happens when Henry catches Will trying to run away?
5. What does Will tell Henry as they are leaving the hut, and what is Henry's response?
6. What has Beanpole observed about people who get capped?
7. How does Will describe the tripods?
8. What do the boys find in an underground tunnel in the ruined city?
9. What did Jack once see in a ruined city?
10. What does Captain Curtis say to Will and Henry when he drops them off in France?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)