|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Eloise finally come and spend time with Will?
(a) Just after her capping.
(b) The night after the first day.
(c) Meal times.
(d) The last day of the tournament.
2. What does Henry do when the tripod is out of sight in Chapter 9?
(b) Find some shelter.
(c) Search for food.
3. What do the boys do when they know other tripods are coming?
(a) They climb into the tripod.
(b) They dig a hole and climb in.
(c) They run as fast as they can.
(d) They prepare to fight more tripods.
4. What do the men at the White Mountains call themselves?
(a) Thinking men.
(b) Free men.
(c) Men of the world.
(d) Working men.
5. Why does Eloise not sit with Will during the tournament?
(a) Her mother needs her to help.
(b) She is more interested in the knights.
(c) She is still upset about the turban.
(d) She has the duties of winning.
6. What does the river in Chapter 8 have in it at intervals?
7. Which direction does the river in Chapter 8 veer off to?
8. How do Henry and Beanpole feel about Will rejoining them?
(a) They are surprised.
(b) They were expecting him.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are confused.
9. How many tripods do the boys see after they successfully hide from the search party?
10. What does Beanpole think boats used to be powered by?
11. How does Will look to Henry when he joins up with them?
12. What do the boys realize at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) The White Mountains may not exist.
(b) Will is getting sick again.
(c) They are being followed.
(d) They do not have enough supplies.
13. What is strange about the river in Chapter 8?
(a) It is fast.
(b) It is still.
(c) It is green.
(d) It is straight.
14. What do the boys do with the horse Will stole?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Send it home.
(c) Kill it.
(d) Take turns riding it.
15. What is the title of the woman who is in Will's room when he wakes up?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the tripods do when they cannot find the boys?
2. What does the tripod do when it shows up at the tournament?
3. Who finds a good hiding spot?
4. Who destroys the tripod?
5. How does the woman in the room know where Will was from when he wakes up?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)