|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will the female winner of the tournament be gone?
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
2. What does Beanpole think boats used to be powered by?
3. What does Beanpole compare the strange river in Chapter 8 to?
(a) Hydrolic dams.
(b) Train tracks.
(c) Schamd Fair.
(d) A wagon train.
4. What do Beanpole and Henry do during the celebration at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) Make a plan to escape.
(b) Stock up on supplies.
(c) Steal a map.
(d) Locate Will.
5. Where is the female winner of the tournament sent?
(a) The city of the tripods.
(b) A medical institution.
(c) The place of her husband's choosing.
(d) A school of their choosing.
6. What does Beanpole find on Will in Chapter 9?
(a) A strange rash.
(b) A red bump.
(c) A tattoo.
(d) A metallic button.
7. What causes Will to accept the invitation to stay at the castle permanently?
(a) His fear of the White Mountains.
(b) His love for Eloise.
(c) A fight with Henry.
(d) His desire for nobility.
8. Which direction does the river in Chapter 8 veer off to?
9. What does Beanpole do while the thing is being taken off of Will?
(a) Holds Will's arm down.
(b) Closes his eyes.
(c) Talks calmly to Will.
(d) Cuts around the object.
10. What is the name of the daughter of the woman who is in the room Will wakes up in?
11. What makes Will decide to join his cousin and Beanpole again?
(a) Seeing Eloise walk away.
(b) Learning that he will be capped that day.
(c) Seeing a vagrant.
(d) Watching the Comtesse follow a tripod order.
12. What does the river in Chapter 8 have in it at intervals?
13. What title do the women at the tournament compete for?
(a) Queen of the tournament.
(b) Knightess of the tournament.
(c) Wife of the knight.
(d) Princess of the land.
14. What does Will say to Henry and Beanpole about Eloise joining the tripods?
(a) That it helped him decide to escape.
(b) How disgusted it was.
(d) How surprised he was.
15. What happens to Will while he is hiding?
(a) His muscles knot up.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He hyperventilates.
(d) He begins bleeding from his wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the tripods do when they cannot find the boys?
2. What does the thing found on Will in Chapter 9 remind the boys of?
3. What does Beanpole do when the tripod is out of sight in Chapter 9?
4. What does Will learn while he is healing at the castle?
5. Where do Henry and Beanpole live while Will is healing?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)