|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the French people feel about Will's escape from England?
(a) They find it humorous and temporary.
(b) They find it treasonous, but reasonable.
(c) They find is frightening and dangerous.
(d) They find it bold and adventurous.
2. Why does Will tell the other boys that he will remain at the celebration?
(a) To get some extra supplies.
(b) To give them a head start.
(c) To stay there permanently.
(d) To allay suspicion.
3. What happens when Will knows he is discovered?
(a) He cries.
(b) He faints.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He vomits.
4. How close do the boys get to the tripods they see after successfully hiding from the search party?
(a) They touch them.
(b) They see them from at least a mile away.
(c) Within feet.
(d) 100 yards.
5. What does the thing found on Will in Chapter 9 remind the boys of?
(a) A spider bite.
(c) Cattle brands.
(d) An injection.
6. What title do the women at the tournament compete for?
(a) Queen of the tournament.
(b) Knightess of the tournament.
(c) Princess of the land.
(d) Wife of the knight.
7. What does Beanpole do while the thing is being taken off of Will?
(a) Cuts around the object.
(b) Talks calmly to Will.
(c) Holds Will's arm down.
(d) Closes his eyes.
8. Who asks Will to stay at the castle permanently?
(a) The Duke.
(c) The Comtesse.
9. What do the boys realize at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) Will is getting sick again.
(b) They are being followed.
(c) The White Mountains may not exist.
(d) They do not have enough supplies.
10. What are the tripods that the boys see after they escape from the search party doing with their tentacles?
(a) Cleaning them.
(b) Intertwining them with each other.
(c) Merging them together.
(d) Fighting with them.
11. What does the tripod do when the thing is removed from Will?
(a) Shoots at them.
(b) Races towards them.
(c) Grabs Henry.
(d) Lets out an alarm.
12. What is the grand celebration at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A knight tournament.
(b) A birthday celebration.
(c) A harvest festival.
(d) A capping day.
13. What does the tripod do when it shows up at the tournament?
(a) Interrupts the activity.
(b) Stands motionless and mute.
(c) Joins the festivities.
(d) Begins the capping of the alloted people.
14. What do the boys do with the horse Will stole?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Take turns riding it.
(c) Kill it.
(d) Send it home.
15. What is the name of the daughter of the woman who is in the room Will wakes up in?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry do while the thing is being taken off of Will?
2. What does Beanpole find on Will in Chapter 9?
3. What does Will think about as the tournament goes on?
4. What causes Will to accept the invitation to stay at the castle permanently?
5. How many tripods do the boys see after they successfully hide from the search party?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)