|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Will sneak away from the town the morning of the last day of the tournament?
(a) He swims in the river.
(b) He follows Henry and Beanpole's trail.
(c) He walks away in the night.
(d) He takes a horse.
2. How do the boys know the other tripods are coming?
(a) They can hear them.
(b) They can feel vibrations in the earth.
(c) They can see them.
(d) They can smell them.
3. What is Will's real reason for remaining at the celebration?
(a) To give them a head start.
(b) To allay suspicion.
(c) To get some extra supplies.
(d) To stay there permanently.
4. What does Will learn while he is healing at the castle?
5. Who asks Will to stay at the castle permanently?
(c) The Duke.
(d) The Comtesse.
6. Who finds a good hiding spot?
(b) They all spot it together.
7. What makes Will feel distanced from Beanpole and Henry?
(a) Will is falling in love with Eloise.
(b) Will feels safe and happy in the castle.
(c) The two of them are getting closer.
(d) Emily does not like them.
8. What does the tripod do when it shows up at the tournament?
(a) Stands motionless and mute.
(b) Joins the festivities.
(c) Begins the capping of the alloted people.
(d) Interrupts the activity.
9. What does Henry NOT do to Will when he rejoins them?
(a) Welcome him.
(b) Shake his hand.
(c) Ask him questions.
(d) Tease him.
10. What does Beanpole think will should do when the thing is discovered on him?
(a) Remove the thing.
(b) Approach the tripod.
(c) Leave the group.
(d) Stay put.
11. Where does Will think he got what Beanpole finds on him in Chapter 9?
(a) In the tripod.
(b) At the castle.
(c) In the ruined city.
(d) On the boat.
12. What does Will say to Henry and Beanpole about the tournament?
(a) He was excited to leave.
(c) He loved it.
13. What does the tripod do when the thing is removed from Will?
(a) Grabs Henry.
(b) Lets out an alarm.
(c) Races towards them.
(d) Shoots at them.
14. What do the tripods use to search the forests?
(a) Tracking beacons.
(b) Search dogs.
(d) Their tentacles.
15. Where do Henry and Beanpole live while Will is healing?
(a) In the dungeon.
(b) In the serrvant's quarters.
(c) Near the stables.
(d) With the squires.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beanpole tell the other boys to run in the water?
2. Who is selected as the winner among the women?
3. How close do the boys get to the tripods they see after successfully hiding from the search party?
4. What is the grand celebration at the end of Chapter 6?
5. What do the boys see at the very end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)