|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stands sentinel at the Castle during the night?
(a) Some priests.
(b) A group of knights.
(c) The tripod.
(d) The Comte.
2. What do the tripods use to see in the night?
(b) Heat vision.
(d) Bright lights.
3. What mountain range is the White Mountains?
(a) Swiss Alps.
(b) The Appalachians.
(c) The French Roulets.
(d) The Rockies.
4. What does Will learn while he is healing at the castle?
5. Where do the boys eventually end up?
(a) In a cave.
(b) Up a tree.
(c) In a valley.
(d) On a hill.
6. What does Will do that makes the daughter in the castle very angry with him?
(a) He says something negative about the tripods.
(b) He pulls her turban away.
(c) He insults the French language.
(d) He mocks her cap.
7. What does Will confess to the woman who was in the room where he woke up?
(a) He wants to destroy the tripods.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He is afraid of being capped.
(d) He hates his cousin.
8. What makes Will decide to join his cousin and Beanpole again?
(a) Seeing Eloise walk away.
(b) Seeing a vagrant.
(c) Watching the Comtesse follow a tripod order.
(d) Learning that he will be capped that day.
9. What title do the women at the tournament compete for?
(a) Wife of the knight.
(b) Queen of the tournament.
(c) Knightess of the tournament.
(d) Princess of the land.
10. What do the men in the White Mountains want to do?
(a) Leave the Earth.
(b) Reverse the effects of the caps.
(c) Destroy the tripods.
(d) Make scientific discoveries.
11. What is used to remove the thing from Will?
(a) A scalpal.
(b) An axe.
(c) A fork.
(d) A knife.
12. What happens to Will while he is hiding?
(a) He passes out.
(b) His muscles knot up.
(c) He begins bleeding from his wound.
(d) He hyperventilates.
13. Where do Henry and Beanpole live while Will is healing?
(a) In the serrvant's quarters.
(b) In the dungeon.
(c) Near the stables.
(d) With the squires.
14. Where does Will think he got what Beanpole finds on him in Chapter 9?
(a) On the boat.
(b) In the tripod.
(c) At the castle.
(d) In the ruined city.
15. Where is the thing that Beanpole finds on Will in Chapter 9?
(a) His knee.
(b) His armpit.
(c) His head.
(d) His ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Beanpole think the tripods are able to follow them?
2. What makes Will feel distanced from Beanpole and Henry?
3. What happens as Will rides out of the town?
4. How does the female winner of the tournament feel about her title?
5. What does the river in Chapter 8 have in it at intervals?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)