|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter 3?
(a) Jack's brother.
(b) Henry's mother.
(d) Will's father.
2. What does the person who followed Will out of his house want to do?
(a) Turn him in to the officials.
(b) Attack him.
(c) Go with him.
(d) Keep him from leaving.
3. How long does it take for Will to heal enough to travel again?
(a) Three days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Five days.
4. What is the name of the boy who talks to Will and Henry in their make-shift prison?
(b) James Peter.
(c) Jean Paul.
5. What does Will do when he realizes someone has followed him?
(a) He hides from him.
(b) He fights with him.
(c) He hugs and thanks him.
(d) He begs him to come along.
6. Where does Will arrange to speak with Ozymandias?
(a) Behind the school.
(b) At the vagrant house.
(c) In the den.
(d) In his barn.
7. What kind of power does Beanpole think used to run the vehicles that used the train tracks?
8. Where does Will stop before leaving on his quest?
(a) Ozymandias's grave.
(b) Jack's house.
(c) The vagrant house.
(d) The Den.
9. How does Will feel about his parents?
(a) He loves them dearly.
(b) He feels betrayed by them.
(c) He is scared of them.
(d) He is not at all close to them.
10. How far do the boys travel on the vehicle that uses the old train tracks?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 75 miles.
11. When were the old railroad tracks constructed?
(a) The Black Ages.
(b) When the tripods came.
(c) The Dark Time.
(d) The Before Era.
12. What is the name of the ship Will needs to find in the port city?
(a) North Star.
13. Who nicknames the boy at the prison "Beanpole"?
(b) His father.
14. What happens to Will shortly after they leave the ruined city?
(a) He asks to go back.
(b) He falls ill.
(c) He gets scared.
(d) He sees a tripod.
15. How long do vagrants usually stay in one place?
(a) A few months.
(b) A few years.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do children feel about vagrants?
2. What do the people call the past ages of humanity?
3. What do Will and Henry learn about tripods as they sail on the boat?
4. Which direction does Will travel in when he leaves his town?
5. Where are Henry and Will imprisoned when they are caught?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)