|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Will and Henry learn about tripods as they sail on the boat?
(a) They can hover over water.
(b) They can move on water.
(c) They can control the ships.
(d) They come in differing sizes.
2. What is the name of the busy port town that Will and Henry reach?
3. Who nicknames the boy at the prison "Beanpole"?
(b) His father.
4. What special object does Will's father own?
5. What country are Will and Henry taken to after finding the captain?
6. What is the date that Will reads on one of the headstones in a grave?
7. What do the boys take from the hardware store?
(a) A tool belt.
(b) A shovel.
(c) A hammer.
(d) A hatchet.
8. What percentage of the population becomes vagrants after being capped?
9. What is the name of the celebration held nine days after the book begins?
(a) History Day.
(b) Plenty Day.
(c) Capping Day.
(d) Harvest Day.
10. How does Will injure himself at the beginning of his journey?
(a) He sprains his ankle.
(b) He breaks his wrist.
(c) He cuts his hand.
(d) He dislocates his shoulder.
11. Where in the house does the visitor in Chapter 3 stay?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The barn.
(c) The front room.
(d) Will's room.
12. How are Will and Henry able to get through the port city unnoticed?
(a) They swim in the water.
(b) It is highly populated.
(c) They are dressed as sailors.
(d) They travel at night.
13. What is the tunnel that the boys explore in the ruined city?
(a) An ammunitions stockpile.
(b) A bomb shelter.
(c) An underground retreat.
(d) A subway tunnel.
14. What does Beanpole call the vehicles that use the old train tracks?
15. What subject is Beanpole interesting in learning about?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to live with Will in Chapter 3?
2. What strange object is the boy wearing who comes to talk to Will in the prison?
3. What do the people call the past ages of humanity?
4. When were the old railroad tracks constructed?
5. What bolsters Will's decision to go to the White Mountains?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)