|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far do the boys travel on the vehicle that uses the old train tracks?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 75 miles.
2. What does Will's best friend do when he sees Will with his father's prized possession?
(a) Threatens to destroy it.
(b) Stares at it in wonder.
(c) Asks to see it.
(d) Scolds him.
3. What is the name of the celebration held nine days after the book begins?
(a) Plenty Day.
(b) Capping Day.
(c) History Day.
(d) Harvest Day.
4. What do Will and Henry learn about tripods as they sail on the boat?
(a) They can hover over water.
(b) They can control the ships.
(c) They come in differing sizes.
(d) They can move on water.
5. What does Beanpole say caps make humans into?
(c) Little more than animals.
6. What do the people call the past ages of humanity?
(a) The Stone Ages.
(b) The Age of Innocence.
(c) The Black Ages.
(d) The Era of Want.
7. What does Will stop at a store in the port city to do?
(a) Ask about the ship.
(b) Buy some food.
(c) Ask for directions.
(d) Find employment.
8. Who is the guest of honor at the celebration held nine days after the book begins?
9. What do the tripods do when they see the ship?
(a) Circle it, and speed away.
(b) Scan it.
(c) Ask questions of the captain.
(d) Nothing, they pass right by.
10. What is different about Ozymandias from all the other vagrants?
(a) He sings all his words.
(b) His cap moves.
(c) He is taller.
(d) He makes more sense.
11. Where do the tripods not go?
(a) The cold region.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The valleys.
12. What time of day does Will sneak away from his house?
13. Which of the following is NOT a symptom of the vagrants?
(b) Mental instability.
14. Where are Henry and Will imprisoned when they are caught?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A bathroom.
(c) A prison.
(d) A hospital room.
15. What is the name of the village Will lives in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the house does the visitor in Chapter 3 stay?
2. What does Will do when he sees Henry at the beginning of the book?
3. Why do the boys choose to walk through the ruined city?
4. What does Will call his secret hide-out?
5. How do children feel about vagrants?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)