|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do children feel about vagrants?
(a) They are entertained by them.
(b) They see them as a part of life.
(c) They are afraid of them.
(d) They follow them around.
2. What does Will talk to a vagrant about?
(a) Jack's capping.
(b) His mental instability.
(c) The Black Ages.
(d) The tripods.
3. How long does it take for Will to heal enough to travel again?
(a) Four days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
4. What does Will find a cabinet full of in the ruined city?
5. What do Will and Henry learn about tripods as they sail on the boat?
(a) They can move on water.
(b) They can control the ships.
(c) They come in differing sizes.
(d) They can hover over water.
6. What do the tripods do when they see the ship?
(a) Nothing, they pass right by.
(b) Scan it.
(c) Ask questions of the captain.
(d) Circle it, and speed away.
7. What is the name of Will's best friend?
8. What does Beanpole say caps make humans into?
(b) Little more than animals.
9. What was Beanpole doing when he broke his leg?
(a) Pretending to be a tripod.
(b) Experimenting with steam power.
(c) Inventing a pogo stick.
(d) Fighting his brothers.
10. What kind of place are Will and Henry left in when they reach the end of their sea journey?
(a) A ruined city.
(b) A large metropolis.
(c) A small village.
(d) A normal town.
11. Which of the following is NOT something Ozymandias gives Will to help him on his quest?
(a) A weapon.
(b) The name of a ship captain.
(c) Verbal instructions.
(d) A map.
12. Where did Ozymandias get his cap?
(a) From some ruins.
(b) From a dead man.
(c) From the tripod.
(d) He made it himself.
13. What does Will do that makes Henry leave him alone?
(a) Makes fun of his fear of tripods.
(b) Threatens to tell his mother.
(c) Acts crazy.
(d) Wins a fight.
14. Who nicknames the boy at the prison "Beanpole"?
(c) His father.
15. What bolsters Will's decision to go to the White Mountains?
(a) Dreams of a life without tripods.
(b) Meetings with Jack.
(c) Letters from Ozymandias.
(d) Seeing the vagrants.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the old railroad tracks constructed?
2. What does Ozymandias say is similar with all vagrants before they were capped?
3. What is the name of the boy who talks to Will and Henry in their make-shift prison?
4. What body of water does Will have to cross to complete his quest?
5. What time of day does Will sneak away from his house?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)