|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10 The White Mountains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How close do the boys get to the tripods they see after successfully hiding from the search party?
(a) Within feet.
(b) They touch them.
(c) 100 yards.
(d) They see them from at least a mile away.
2. When were the objects in the river in Chapter 8 constructed?
(a) The Before time.
(b) After the tripods came.
(c) The Early Era.
(d) The Black Ages.
3. What time of day does Will sneak away from his house?
4. How do the French people feel about Will's escape from England?
(a) They find it bold and adventurous.
(b) They find it treasonous, but reasonable.
(c) They find it humorous and temporary.
(d) They find is frightening and dangerous.
5. What is the name of the captain that Will was supposed to find in the port city?
(a) Captain Calley.
(b) Captain Creistus.
(c) Captain Crandall.
(d) Captain Curtis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter 3?
2. What do the boys take from the hardware store?
3. What does Beanpole call the vehicles that use the old train tracks?
4. What is the name of the ship Will needs to find in the port city?
5. What does Will cook and eat in his hide-out at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)