Chapter 1 Capping Day
1. What special object does Will's father own?
2. What is the name of Will's best friend?
3. What does Will do when he sees Henry at the beginning of the book?
(a) He runs away.
(b) He pretends not to see him.
(c) He ducks into a store.
(d) He rushes to him.
4. What does Will's best friend do when he sees Will with his father's prized possession?
(a) Threatens to destroy it.
(b) Stares at it in wonder.
(c) Asks to see it.
(d) Scolds him.
5. What does Will call his secret hide-out?
(a) The room.
(b) The den.
(c) The place.
(d) The spot.
6. What does Will cook and eat in his hide-out at the beginning of the book?
(b) Frog legs.
7. What happens when people turn 14 years of age?
(a) They are capped.
(b) They are given a trade.
(c) They are tested.
(d) They are sent away to school.
This section contains 4,055 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)