Chapter 1 Capping Day
• This book is set in a futuristic time where tripods have destroyed what humanity once was, and are now controlling it.
• Will's father has a wristwatch- the only one in the town. It is a relic of the Black Ages and is very special. Will takes it out to show his friends.
• Will meets his cousin Henry on the street and runs from him. They hate each other. Jack, Will's best friend helps Will and scolds him for taking the watch.
• Jack and Will go to their hide-out which they call the den. Jack catches a rabbit, and they cook it while talking about the Black Ages.
• The Black Ages are the time before the tripods. Nobody knows much about them. Jack tells Will of a huge ship he saw in a ruined city. Humans once performed great tasks.
• When people turn 14, they get capped...
This section contains 1,896 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)