|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Freud write that the woman must have homosexual tendencies?
2. How does Kolya show his true colors?
3. How does Lisa lie to Kolya?
4. How does the news of the serial killer D'sseldorf affect Lisa?
5. What does Lisa share in a Christmas letter to Aunt Magda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the rumors spreading around the Jews waiting in line?
2. What is the connection between the corsetiere, Madame Cottin and Madame R.?
3. How is Anna when she returns from Gastein?
4. How does Anna feel about her writings?
5. About what tragic events does Lisa learn?
6. What does Freud think about Ann's childhood? Why is questioning Anna difficult?
7. How do those waiting in line feel? Why are they waiting?
8. What is happening to Lisa's desires?
9. How does Freud relate Anna's troubles to his theory of the death instinct?
10. To what does Freud relate Anna's history?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lisa becomes close friends with Vera.
Part 1) Describe Vera.
Part 2) What are the circumstances under which Lisa meets Vera?
Part 3) What events significantly impact Vera's life? How?
Essay Topic 2
Much of the language in the woman's writings is vulgar, yet sophisticated.
Part 1) What is vulgar about her writings?
Part 2) What makes her writings so sophisticated?
Part 3) Why is her work so shocking and unusual?
Essay Topic 3
Lisa finds harmony and reconciliation at the camp.
Part 1) What kind of religious harmony?
Part 2) With whom does she reconcile?
Part 3) With what aspect of herself does she reconcile?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)