|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor does a retired couple pass on?
2. What does a watchmaker point out?
3. What is the connection between what Vogel admits to seeing and what his sister confesses?
4. How do the young man and woman react to the destruction?
5. What does Lionheart say about the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place between the man and the woman?
2. What happens when the woman dreams she is a figurehead?
3. What does the couple decide to do after an unknown number of days?
4. Describe the woman and man. Where are they headed?
5. How does one know with what the woman is obsessed?
6. Why are the young woman's writings intriguing to Freud?
7. Why has the Japanese maid been crying?
8. What do the people on the yacht do?
9. What happens after the woman begins to produce milk?
10. Who interrupts the couple by the stream? What does this character tell them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lisa is preoccupied and obsessed with pregnancy.
Part 1) What images does the author use to portray this?
Part 2) Why is she preoccupied with pregnancy?
Part 3) How do her obsession with and premonitions about pregnancy come to fruition in her real life?
Essay Topic 2
Lisa receives letters regarding the deaths of two people close to her.
Part 1) Who are these two people?
Part 2) What events surround their deaths?
Part 3) How is Lisa affected by these deaths?
Essay Topic 3
The woman is obsessed.
Part 1) With what?
Part 2) Why does she have this obsession?
Part 3) Provide evidence for both her obsession and the reasons for this obsession.
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)