|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the hotel having to turn people away?
2. How do the young man and woman react to the destruction?
3. What happens while the man and woman are on the yacht?
4. The first letter, written September 8, 1909, is from Sandor Ferenczi to whom?
5. Why is the Japanese maid crying?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the corsetiere, the priest, and the chef.
2. What happens after the woman begins to produce milk?
3. How is the hotel when the couple returns?
4. What does the secretary admit to seeing?
5. Describe Frued's case study.
6. What traumatic events does Freud believe relate to the flood and fire hallucination?
7. What does the milk mean to the various characters?
8. Who interrupts the couple by the stream? What does this character tell them?
9. What is known about the young woman?
10. The couple returns to their room filled with desire. Who do they bring with them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lisa never has children of her own.
Part 1) Who becomes her adopted child? Why?
Part 2) What is the relationship like between Lisa and this child?
Part 3) What does Lisa sacrifice for this child? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Lisa's mother and uncle have an affair.
Part 1) Why does she not realize this, at first?
Part 2) When does she realize they are having an affair?
Part 3) How does learning about this affair help Lisa learn information about her mother's death?
Essay Topic 3
The woman is obsessed.
Part 1) With what?
Part 2) Why does she have this obsession?
Part 3) Provide evidence for both her obsession and the reasons for this obsession.
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)