|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freud interpret the white hotel?
(a) As the mother's womb.
(b) As heaven.
(c) As an insane asylum.
(d) As a casket.
2. Why does the German officer tell the police officer to kill everyone on the hillside?
(a) If they are let out they will tell people what happened and no Jews will show up the next day.
(b) He wants everyone to die.
(c) He does not want any supporters of the Jews to survive.
(d) He will receive a bonus in his pay for the more he kills.
3. How does Kolya feel about his mother?
(a) He loves her as he would a birth mother.
(b) He is unsure how he feels about her.
(c) He is indifferent to her.
(d) He regrets having an old woman for a mother.
4. When does Lisa realize that it is the same place and she is the same person, though both have aged 40 years?
(a) When she swims in the pool.
(b) When she runs into her old neighbors.
(c) When she sees her family's home.
(d) When she leans against a pine tree and smells it,
5. Who escapes as the only witness of what happened at Babi Yar?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kolya show his true colors?
2. Of what is the crowd unsure?
3. What does Lisa share in a Christmas letter to Aunt Magda?
4. What is the latest rumor circulating through the crowd?
5. How does the crowd know that all "Yids" in Kiev were to report to a street corner by the Jewish cemetery with all their belongings or they would be shot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the similarities and differences between Lisa's train ride to the woman's?
2. What does Freud say about "Done Giovanni" and "The Gastein Journal?"
3. How does Freud relate Anna's troubles to his theory of the death instinct?
4. What does Freud think about Ann's childhood? Why is questioning Anna difficult?
5. To what does Freud relate Anna's history?
6. How does Lisa feel in Kiev? Why?
7. Describe an anecdote Freud shares in the case study.
8. What is the connection between the corsetiere, Madame Cottin and Madame R.?
9. What is happening to Lisa's desires?
10. What does Anna admit about her husband?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)