|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the German officer tell the police officer to kill everyone on the hillside?
(a) He wants everyone to die.
(b) If they are let out they will tell people what happened and no Jews will show up the next day.
(c) He does not want any supporters of the Jews to survive.
(d) He will receive a bonus in his pay for the more he kills.
2. Why does Lisa feel odd in Kiev?
(a) She has a sense of deja vu.
(b) The city is very different from other European cities.
(c) She does not speak the language.
(d) The city has changed so much since her childhood.
3. What is the only way to tell the woman's mother and aunt apart?
(a) One has a mole on her cheek and one does not.
(b) One wears a cross and one does not.
(c) One is taller than the other.
(d) They have different hairstyles.
4. How does the news of the serial killer D'sseldorf affect Lisa?
(a) She is afraid to leave her home.
(b) She fears falling asleep at night.
(c) She is excited about the life of a serial killer.
(d) She is tortured by thoughts of him and murdered children.
5. Why does Lyons suggest Lisa should work as a nurse?
(a) She is knowledgeable in the human anatomy.
(b) She had begun studying to be a nurse.
(c) She is always helping others.
(d) She is frustrated that people have to be listless and skeletal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Freud write that the woman must have homosexual tendencies?
2. Lisa is merely filling in for the master soprano at what theatre?
3. To what does Freud relate the woman's history?
4. Why does the woman want to destroy the writings?
5. It's 1929, and an opera singer named Frau Elisabeth (Lisa) Erdman is traveling from Vienna to what city to perform in a show?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what tragic events does Lisa learn?
2. How does Kolya respond to Lisa?
3. Describe Vera Serebryokova?
4. What does Freud think about Ann's childhood? Why is questioning Anna difficult?
5. How is this chapter different from the previous chapter?
6. What does Anna admit about her husband?
7. How does Anna feel about her writings?
8. What do the soldiers do to Lisa when they realize she is alive?
9. What is happening to Lisa's desires?
10. Describe the interaction between Lisa and her mother.
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)