|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lisa nervous about her performance?
(a) She has not performed in several years.
(b) She has never performed at La Scala.
(c) She feels too old to sing the part of a young girl.
(d) The audience will include members of the Italian government.
2. Why does Lisa ignore her desires?
(a) She can better concentrate.
(b) She wants to be more responsible.
(c) Her singing is much improved.
(d) It is more peaceful.
3. What does Freud say the focus on orality ("sucking, biting, eating, gorging, taking in") reflects?
(a) Being attacked.
(b) A baby's first years.
(c) Animal instincts.
(d) Being drawn in by something.
4. Why does Lisa feel odd in Kiev?
(a) The city has changed so much since her childhood.
(b) The city is very different from other European cities.
(c) She does not speak the language.
(d) She has a sense of deja vu.
5. What does Freud write is not sufficient to explain the woman's severe hysteria, so he knows she is hiding something deeper?
(a) The amount of medication she is given.
(b) Her abuse.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) The time he has spent with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman touch whenever she is lying?
2. Why does Freud encourage the woman to follow up on her theory that her mother and uncle both die in the fire?
3. What does Freud ask her to do, which results in "Don Giovanni?"
4. Upon whom are the man and woman based?
5. How does the woman appear when she returns from Gastein?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the memory of Anna's aunt trigger?
2. What does Freud say about "Done Giovanni" and "The Gastein Journal?"
3. How does Freud relate Anna's troubles to his theory of the death instinct?
4. How is Anna when she returns from Gastein?
5. How is this chapter different from the previous chapter?
6. Describe an anecdote Freud shares in the case study.
7. What is the connection between the corsetiere, Madame Cottin and Madame R.?
8. What does Freud think about Ann's childhood? Why is questioning Anna difficult?
9. How does Kolya respond to Lisa?
10. About what tragic events does Lisa learn?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)