|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Freud give these writings away?
(a) As a birthday gift.
(b) As a way to forget Gisela.
(c) As a warning to her father.
(d) As a parting gift for Sachs' travels.
2. Who sings to the woman?
(a) The Professor.
(b) The storm.
(d) The man.
3. Over what does a botanist mourn?
(a) His beautiful orchids.
(b) His rare specimen of edelweiss.
(c) His dangerous poison ivy.
(d) His unusual daisies.
4. The couple looks at photographs of the soldier's family, and while the woman is drawn to Freud, about whom does the soldier seem concerned?
(a) His older brother.
(b) The woman.
(c) His mother.
(d) His little sister.
5. Why can Ferenczi not marry Gisela?
(a) Her family does not approve of him.
(b) He is a priest.
(c) He is already married.
(d) She is already married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are these girl's writings inspiring Freud to do?
2. As they leave, what does the baker admit to seeing?
3. Freud immediately relates what two disasters in the woman's life to her hallucinations?
4. From the mountain the man points out what he believes to be what?
5. Why do other hotel guests drown?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the guests find to be odd about the hotel?
2. Describe the corsetiere, the priest, and the chef.
3. How does one know with what the woman is obsessed?
4. What does the woman describe? What accompanies her intense images?
5. What does the couple decide to do after an unknown number of days?
6. Why does Ferenczi fear Gisela does not want to marry him?
7. What do the guests do that are in the burning building?
8. Over what do the woman and man argue?
9. Describe the guests' falls from the broken cable car.
10. What happens when the couple returns to the dining room?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)