|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the man and woman embarrassed when a nun comes across them?
(a) They had been talking about her.
(b) They are swimming nude in the river.
(c) They had been saying horrible things about the Catholic church.
(d) They are having sex by a stream.
2. The first letter, written September 8, 1909, is from Sandor Ferenczi to whom?
(a) Sigmund Freud.
(b) Don Giovanni.
(c) Her Kuhn.
(d) His lover, Gisela.
3. What does the woman use to reveal her character?
(a) Descriptive words.
(b) Poetic devices.
(d) Metaphors and similes.
4. In the wake of the woman's mother's death, why does her father leave her to her nurse and governess?
(a) He does not know how to raise a child.
(b) He does not love her.
(c) He grows increasingly distant.
(d) He must leave on business.
5. Why do the women plummet to their death more slowly?
(a) They are dropping from a higher altitude.
(b) They are held up by their skirts.
(c) They hang on for dear life to the broken cable car.
(d) They weigh less than the men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the postcards from guests at the hotel describe?
2. What happens to those outside the hotel?
3. On what does the woman originally write her fantasy?
4. Why does the woman ask the maid for some toiletries?
5. Why is the woman at the beginning of the chapter running through the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the guests do that are in the burning building?
2. Describe the corsetiere, the priest, and the chef.
3. What destruction does the storm cause?
4. Describe two of the first post cards describing an afternoon on a yacht.
5. Over what do the woman and man argue?
6. What do the people on the yacht do?
7. Why are the young woman's writings intriguing to Freud?
8. Describe the woman and man. Where are they headed?
9. Why does Lionheart believe it is best for everyone to discuss the unusual events at the hotel?
10. What takes place between the man and the woman?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)