|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Freud ask her to do, which results in "Don Giovanni?"
(a) Write down what she is feeling.
(b) Write down her experiences at the white hotel.
(c) Write an opera.
(d) Write poetry.
2. Why do the men force Lisa to perform oral sex on them?
(a) They enjoy torturing women.
(b) She is of Jewish descent.
(c) She is in the wrong place at the wrong time.
(d) They do not like Catholics.
3. How does Vera Serebryakova break her arm?
(a) Her arm becomes caught in an automobile door.
(b) She trips leaving her flat.
(c) Falling down the steps in La Scala.
(d) She slips on the icy street.
4. How does everyone around Lisa feel?
5. What does Freud write is not sufficient to explain the woman's severe hysteria, so he knows she is hiding something deeper?
(a) The amount of medication she is given.
(b) Her abuse.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) The time he has spent with her.
6. Freud asks those who read the woman's writings to realize what about the women in the hotel?
(a) They are different sides of the woman.
(b) They are the woman's friends.
(c) They are Anna's mother and Aunt.
(d) They are the women in Anna's life.
7. How is the woman a few weeks after resuming treatment?
(a) Her symptoms return.
(b) Her symptoms are mostly gone.
(c) Completely back to normal.
(d) Her symptoms completely disappear.
8. What do they hear when they stop to eat?
(a) Sounds of machine gun fire.
(b) Bombs exploding.
9. Lisa is merely filling in for the master soprano at what theatre?
(a) La Scala.
(c) La Garafano.
(d) La Cecchetti.
10. Why is it difficult for Lisa to allow Vera to see her son?
(a) Kolya has never met her.
(b) She feels like Kolya's real mother.
(c) Vera may not be a good mother.
(d) Lisa is jealous of Vera.
11. It's 1929, and an opera singer named Frau Elisabeth (Lisa) Erdman is traveling from Vienna to what city to perform in a show?
12. Instead of being shot at Babi Yar, what happens to Lisa and Kolya?
(a) They are at home in Kiev.
(b) They are in heaven with the angels.
(c) They get off a train on a platform in the middle of nowhere.
(d) They are in the white hotel.
13. What scars the woman's perfect memory of her mother?
(a) Her mother cavorting with her uncle.
(b) Her mother leaving her to go shopping.
(c) Her mother divorcing her father.
(d) Her mother arguing with her aunt.
14. To what does Freud relate the woman's history?
(a) The life of Emily Dickinson.
(b) The Oedipus complex.
(c) The fall of Adam and Eve.
(d) The Flood.
15. Why does Lisa ignore her desires?
(a) She wants to be more responsible.
(b) It is more peaceful.
(c) Her singing is much improved.
(d) She can better concentrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the woman want to destroy the writings?
2. What does Lisa experience for the first time?
3. How does Kolya feel about his mother?
4. Why does Freud encourage the woman to follow up on her theory that her mother and uncle both die in the fire?
5. How does Lisa convince the soldier to believe she is a Jew?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)