|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do they hear when they stop to eat?
(a) Sounds of machine gun fire.
(c) Bombs exploding.
2. How does Kolya feel about his mother?
(a) He loves her as he would a birth mother.
(b) He is indifferent to her.
(c) He regrets having an old woman for a mother.
(d) He is unsure how he feels about her.
3. What is the only way to tell the woman's mother and aunt apart?
(a) One has a mole on her cheek and one does not.
(b) They have different hairstyles.
(c) One wears a cross and one does not.
(d) One is taller than the other.
4. To what does Freud relate the woman's history?
(a) The life of Emily Dickinson.
(b) The Oedipus complex.
(c) The Flood.
(d) The fall of Adam and Eve.
5. Feeling better, what does Anna do when she leaves Freud's care?
(a) She gets remarried.
(b) She pursues her musical career again.
(c) She goes back to the health resort, Bad Gastein.
(d) She moves to Kiev.
6. It's 1929, and an opera singer named Frau Elisabeth (Lisa) Erdman is traveling from Vienna to what city to perform in a show?
7. What will lead to the woman's healing?
(c) Reliving the memories.
(d) Shock therapy.
8. What does Freud write is not sufficient to explain the woman's severe hysteria, so he knows she is hiding something deeper?
(a) Her childhood.
(b) The amount of medication she is given.
(c) Her abuse.
(d) The time he has spent with her.
9. What does Freud ask her to do, which results in "Don Giovanni?"
(a) Write down her experiences at the white hotel.
(b) Write an opera.
(c) Write poetry.
(d) Write down what she is feeling.
10. What is a clue to what is really harming the woman?
(a) Her early relationships.
(b) Her breast and ovary pain.
(c) Her time spent in Bad Gastein.
(d) How she relates to Freud.
11. How does everyone around Lisa feel?
12. How is the woman a few weeks after resuming treatment?
(a) Her symptoms are mostly gone.
(b) Her symptoms completely disappear.
(c) Her symptoms return.
(d) Completely back to normal.
13. Why does Freud threaten to quit the woman's therapy?
(a) She does not tell the complete truth.
(b) He is tricking her into continuing her therapy.
(c) She is rude to Freud.
(d) She is completely healthy.
14. Instead of being shot at Babi Yar, what happens to Lisa and Kolya?
(a) They are in the white hotel.
(b) They get off a train on a platform in the middle of nowhere.
(c) They are in heaven with the angels.
(d) They are at home in Kiev.
15. With what is Lisa diagnosed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Freud write that the woman must have homosexual tendencies?
2. The woman has a dream that makes her feel like she does not exist to Freud. What does this mean to Freud?
3. How does Lisa lie to Kolya?
4. Why does the woman want to destroy the writings?
5. When does Lisa realize that it is the same place and she is the same person, though both have aged 40 years?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)