|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Freud give the young woman's writings?
(b) His daughter.
(d) The woman's father.
2. The couple ventures down the mountain a ways, and then where do they stop?
(a) At a picnic table.
(b) In a peaceful ravine.
(c) At a fork in the road.
(d) At a small platform with a telescope.
3. Why does the nun come to the spring?
(a) To escape the other nuns.
(b) To get fresh water.
(c) To wash linens for Father Marek and other Catholics' burials.
(d) To see the young couple.
4. To what does the woman compare the wind and lightning?
(a) To the apocalypse.
(b) A tornado.
(c) To the intensity of sex with the man.
(d) To the beginning of time.
5. What does the woman believe are falling into the lake?
(a) White feathers.
(b) Bits of a comet.
(d) White roses.
6. Why does the nun tell them to continue unembarrassed?
(a) The steam removes all sin.
(b) She does not mind others talking about her.
(c) The human body is God's creation.
(d) They are married.
7. What can the young man not stop doing?
(a) Watching the hotel guests dive out of the windows.
(c) Touching the young woman.
(d) Talking about his father.
8. How does a pastor comfort himself?
(a) Jesus Christ suffered worse.
(b) He is a faithful Christian.
(c) The believers will go to heaven.
(d) Knowing the dead will be raised.
9. To what does the woman give birth?
(a) A boy.
(b) A girl.
(c) A wooden embryo.
(d) An alien.
10. Why does the woman ask the maid for some toiletries?
(a) She needs soap.
(b) She wants a toothbrush.
(c) She is menstruating.
(d) She would like a comb.
11. Who does the couple bring with them to their room?
(a) A member of the hotel band.
(b) The corsetiere.
(c) The priest.
(d) The chef.
12. What are these girl's writings inspiring Freud to do?
(a) Examine the death instinct as well as sexual behavior.
(b) Write a book for his daughter.
(c) Take prescription medication.
(d) End his career in psychoanalysis.
13. What does an opera singer tell her family?
(a) She will be home very soon.
(b) She is injured during the fire.
(c) She is resting in the mountains.
(d) She is having a horrible time.
14. What are falling in the form of snow?
(a) The birds.
(b) The stars.
(c) The clouds.
(d) The moons.
15. How do the young man and woman react to the destruction?
(a) They call for help.
(b) They watch in awe at the destruction.
(c) They are practically oblivious.
(d) They try to help save the other hotel guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Freud lose?
2. Why is the woman at the beginning of the chapter running through the forest?
3. On the second night at the hotel a storm comes. What happens?
4. How does Lionheart reply to Vogel?
5. What does the woman use to reveal her character?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)