|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are these girl's writings inspiring Freud to do?
(a) Take prescription medication.
(b) Write a book for his daughter.
(c) Examine the death instinct as well as sexual behavior.
(d) End his career in psychoanalysis.
2. What does Lionheart say about the hotel?
(a) It is possessed and everyone should leave.
(b) It is the best hotel he has ever vacationed.
(c) The things happening at the hotel are not so common.
(d) The things happening at the hotel are common.
3. Why is the woman at the beginning of the chapter running through the forest?
(a) From unknown pursuers.
(b) She is late to the party.
(c) Toward a clearing.
(d) She is chasing an animal.
4. What does Freud call the 29-year-old woman in a case study?
(a) Frau Lisa G.
(b) Frau Greta W.
(c) Frau Maria V.
(d) Frau Anna G.
5. What are falling in the form of snow?
(a) The clouds.
(b) The stars.
(c) The moons.
(d) The birds.
6. On the second night at the hotel a storm comes. What happens?
(a) The hotel collapses.
(b) The hotel loses power.
(c) A large rock flies through the couple's window.
(d) The man and woman leave.
7. While the guests are gone, about what does Vogel confront Lionheart?
(a) Complaining about the guests' mourning cries keeping him awake at night.
(b) His idea about forming a militia.
(c) Panicking the ladies with his ideas.
(d) His unusual manner of dress.
8. One day, where does the chef appear?
(a) In the parlor.
(b) Outside the couple's window.
(c) On the mountain.
(d) In the lake.
9. What does the storm destroy?
(a) Automobiles and tents.
(b) A tree and the hotel.
(c) The lake and a dock.
(d) A pagoda and a boat.
10. What is no one is able to explain?
(a) The attraction between the man and woman.
(b) The reason for the hotel being white.
(c) The emerald lake.
(d) The stars, lightning, or red leaves, nor the glaciers that top the mountains.
11. How is the language in this section?
12. What is the only thing the woman really wants from her missing luggage?
(a) Her toothbrush.
(b) Her makeup.
(c) Her soap.
(d) Her clothes.
13. Why can Ferenczi not marry Gisela?
(a) Her family does not approve of him.
(b) He is already married.
(c) She is already married.
(d) He is a priest.
14. Why does Freud say the woman is a cello player?
(a) Anna is a virtuoso on the cello.
(b) To represent her as a musician.
(c) Freud would like her to play the cello.
(d) To keep Anna's true identity hidden.
15. What does the woman ask the Professor?
(a) Why he is not at the hotel.
(b) What his son's name is.
(c) If she is too sexual.
(d) Why there are so many disasters at the white hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the young man not stop doing?
2. What does the couple discover are falling from a broken cable car high above the mountains?
3. What do the fictional letters between Sigmund Freud, his colleagues, and their friends contain?
4. When the woman wakes up in the hotel room, why is she relieved?
5. Because there is so much milk, what does the chef do?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)