|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Health Resort, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must the woman leave the ballet school?
(a) She is gaining weight.
(b) She does not have the money to attend the school.
(c) She is not graceful.
(d) She no longer enjoys ballet.
2. What does the woman use to reveal her character?
(a) Poetic devices.
(b) Metaphors and similes.
(d) Descriptive words.
3. What is a clue to what is really harming the woman?
(a) Her early relationships.
(b) Her breast and ovary pain.
(c) Her time spent in Bad Gastein.
(d) How she relates to Freud.
4. Why does a drunken Vogel say the accident is not as bad as it could have been?
(a) There were not many people on the cable car.
(b) Several of the people who fell landed on soft bushes and survived.
(c) Several of the people who died were "Yids" (a derogatory term for Jews).
(d) He was not one of the victims, so he finds that to be very fortunate.
5. How does the couple find the hotel on their return?
(c) Burned to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is no one is able to explain?
2. What excites the man so much that they start having sex again?
3. What does the man do to the woman's hair?
4. Why is Freud not surprised that the woman has a relationship with someone like A.?
5. What is the only thing the woman really wants from her missing luggage?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)