|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Health Resort, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Lisa nervous about her performance?
(a) She has never performed at La Scala.
(b) The audience will include members of the Italian government.
(c) She has not performed in several years.
(d) She feels too old to sing the part of a young girl.
2. What does the storm destroy?
(a) The lake and a dock.
(b) A pagoda and a boat.
(c) Automobiles and tents.
(d) A tree and the hotel.
3. Why is the woman afraid to have children?
(a) She does not trust herself to raise a child.
(b) She fears childbirth.
(c) She is afraid of children.
(d) She thinks bad things would happen.
4. What does the couple discover are falling from a broken cable car high above the mountains?
(a) Several hotel guests.
(c) Black cats.
(d) Sky divers.
5. Because there is so much milk, what does the chef do?
(a) He adopts infants.
(b) He bottles it.
(c) Fills a glass with it.
(d) He gets a breast pump.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scars the woman's perfect memory of her mother?
2. What does the man do to the woman's hair?
3. Why does Bolotnikov-Leskov, a politician, say the whales could have been "called" by Madame Cottin?
4. How do the young man and woman react to the destruction?
5. How does the couple find the hotel on their return?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)