|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Health Resort, Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That night, who begins to produce milk?
(a) The woman.
(b) The chef.
(c) The man.
(d) The corsetmaker.
2. With what is the woman obsessed?
(b) Natural disasters.
(c) Sex and death.
(d) The white hotel.
3. Why does the hotel let in a young woman?
(a) She begs to be let in.
(b) She wants to work at the hotel.
(c) She is going to have a baby.
(d) She is related to the chef.
4. What does the woman use to reveal her character?
(a) Metaphors and similes.
(c) Poetic devices.
(d) Descriptive words.
5. With whom does the couple fall in love?
(a) The paralyzed couple.
(b) Madame Cottin.
(c) The priest.
(d) The chef.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lisa admits her sexual hang ups are connected to what?
2. Where is the woman when she sits next to a young soldier?
3. Why do Madame Cottin, the woman, and the man begin to kiss and touch one another?
4. One day, where does the chef appear?
5. Who does the Japanese maid describe?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)