|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Gastein Journal, Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mistress of a salesman assume is the cause of the fire?
(a) One of the maids smoking.
(b) A candle that had been knocked over.
(c) A sap-covered chimney.
(d) Faulty wiring.
2. What does a watchmaker point out?
(a) The clocks have all stopped.
(b) The elm trees' leaves have all turned red.
(c) The snow/stars are melting.
(d) The lake is turning red.
3. Where does the man take a woman, the poet?
(a) To a white hotel by an emerald lake.
(b) To the dungeon.
(c) To his home.
(d) To a secluded train car.
4. What is no one is able to explain?
(a) The attraction between the man and woman.
(b) The stars, lightning, or red leaves, nor the glaciers that top the mountains.
(c) The emerald lake.
(d) The reason for the hotel being white.
5. The couple ventures down the mountain a ways, and then where do they stop?
(a) At a small platform with a telescope.
(b) At a picnic table.
(c) In a peaceful ravine.
(d) At a fork in the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the storm destroy?
2. Where is the woman when she sits next to a young soldier?
3. Who does the couple bring with them to their room?
4. About what does a lawyer complain?
5. What happens as the woman feels bullets hitting her?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)