|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Gastein Journal, Section 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One night as the woman and man are having sex, what are they watching fall into the lake?
(a) The sun, moon, and stars.
(b) A boat, pagoda, and a cow.
(c) Dogs, cats, and a chef.
(d) Stars, roses, and orange trees.
2. Because there is so much milk, what does the chef do?
(a) Fills a glass with it.
(b) He gets a breast pump.
(c) He adopts infants.
(d) He bottles it.
3. Two days later, how is the hotel still feeling the affects of the storm?
(a) One wing of the hotel has not been repaired.
(b) There is no food to serve.
(c) The storm has flooded the basement and billiard room.
(d) The number of hotel guests is significantly lower.
4. Why are the man and woman embarrassed when a nun comes across them?
(a) They had been talking about her.
(b) They are having sex by a stream.
(c) They had been saying horrible things about the Catholic church.
(d) They are swimming nude in the river.
5. What does the woman believe are falling into the lake?
(a) White feathers.
(b) White roses.
(d) Bits of a comet.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Sachs compare the woman's fantasy?
2. What can the young man not stop doing?
3. Who does Freud lose?
4. As they leave, what does the baker admit to seeing?
5. With what is the woman obsessed?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)