|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Gastein Journal, Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can the dreamer not escape?
(a) The dream will not end.
(b) She is chained to the floor.
(c) The trap door cannot be opened.
(d) The room is black and she cannot see.
2. To whom does Freud give the young woman's writings?
(c) The woman's father.
(d) His daughter.
3. One day, where does the chef appear?
(a) Outside the couple's window.
(b) In the parlor.
(c) On the mountain.
(d) In the lake.
4. What do the fictional letters between Sigmund Freud, his colleagues, and their friends contain?
(a) Unusual psychosexual writings of one of Freud's young patients.
(b) Love poems between Freud and his mistress.
(c) Suggestions for new therapy techniques.
(d) Accounts of the day Freud spends with the composer Gustav Mahler.
5. What does Freud have no trouble analyzing?
(a) Ferenczi's dream, which is about Gisela.
(b) His friends dreams.
(c) His own dreams, which are about his daughter.
(d) The young woman's dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does the woman originally write her fantasy?
2. Why does the pastor escort Vogel's sister out?
3. What does the Major say about the crowding on the yacht?
4. Who does an old nurse describe?
5. Why do other hotel guests drown?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)