|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in Chapter 16: “The Mad God,” the men who arrive by steamer in Fort Yukon make their bread using what?
(d) Baking powder.
2. How much does the bulldog weight that fights White Fang in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
(a) 75 pounds.
(b) 60 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) 95 pounds.
3. What is the name of Grey Beaver’s son in the novel?
4. What do the men who arrive in Chapter 16: “The Mad God” call themselves?
5. Where does Beauty Smith take White Fang on a steamship in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word used to describe Beauty Smith in Chapter 16: “The Mad God” means having protrusive jaws?
2. What is the name of Grey Beaver’s wife in the novel?
3. What year is it when Grey Beaver and White Fang arrive in Fort Yukon in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind”?
4. What does Beauty Smith do at Fort Yukon?
5. White Fang weighs over how many pounds in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the climax of the fight in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
2. How does Beauty Smith go about obtaining White Fang in Chapter 16: “The Mad God”? Why?
3. What is White Fang’s reaction upon seeing the American Indians in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
4. Where does Grey Beaver take White Fang in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind”? Why?
5. How does White Fang’s mother respond to the American Indians in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”? What do the Indians decide to do with White Fang and his mother?
6. What is the setting for Chapter 13: “The Covenant”? How old is White Fang at this point in the story?
7. Why does White Fang stay at the India camp despite his longing for the Wild in Chapter 10: “The Bondage”? What is his life at the camp like?
8. Where does Beauty Smith travel with White Fang in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”? Why?
9. What causes White Fang to seek out Grey Beaver in Chapter 12: “The Trail of the Gods”? Where does he find him?
10. How does the relationship between White Fang and Weedon Scott progress in Chapter 20: “The Love-Master”?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)