|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the bulldog weight that fights White Fang in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
(a) 75 pounds.
(b) 50 pounds.
(c) 95 pounds.
(d) 60 pounds.
2. How old is White Fang when Grey Beaver completes his journey in Chapter 14: “The Famine”?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 16 months.
3. What word used to describe Beauty Smith in Chapter 16: “The Mad God” means having protrusive jaws?
4. What is the whip made of that Grey Beaver’s son uses to drive the sled dogs in Chapter 13: “The Covenant”?
(a) Salmon skins.
(c) Horse tails.
(d) Spider webs.
5. White Fang learns in Chapter 13: “The Covenant” that “a thieving god was usually” what?
(a) “A cowardly god.”
(b) “A sinister god.”
(c) “A loving god.”
(d) “A powerful god.”
Short Answer Questions
1. The men who come ashore in the steamers are known as what in Chapter 16: “The Mad God”?
2. The sled drawn by the puppies in Chapter 13: “The Covenant” carries nearly how many pounds of outfit and food?
3. The narrator says in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind” that thousands of gold-hunters “were going up the Yukon to Dawson and” what?
4. What is the name of the faro-dealer that arrives with a bulldog in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”?
5. Where does Beauty Smith take White Fang on a steamship in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does White Fang do when the Indian tribe breaks camp in the fall in Chapter 12: “The Trail of the Gods”?
2. What kind of dog is White Fang arranged to fight in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?What obstacle does White Fang face in the fight?
3. What is the setting for Chapter 13: “The Covenant”? How old is White Fang at this point in the story?
4. What happens when the remainder of the tribe joins the first American Indians in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”? How many people comprise the tribe?
5. What causes White Fang to seek out Grey Beaver in Chapter 12: “The Trail of the Gods”? Where does he find him?
6. Who becomes White Fang’s nemesis in Chapter 10: “The Bondage”? What happens to White Fang’s mother in this chapter?
7. How does Beauty Smith go about obtaining White Fang in Chapter 16: “The Mad God”? Why?
8. Why are Weedon Scott and Matt going to kill White Fang in Chapter 19: “The Indomitable”? What stops them?
9. What causes White Fang’s violent nature when growing up at the Indian camp in Chapter 11: “The Outcast”?
10. Where does Grey Beaver take White Fang in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind”? Why?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)