|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is White Fang when Grey Beaver completes his journey in Chapter 14: “The Famine”?
(a) 16 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 1 year.
2. What dog in Chapter 14: “The Famine” is described as “a grizzled old fellow that in his younger days had but to uncover his fangs to send White Fang cringing and crouching to the right about”?
3. Where does Weedon Scott take a trip to when White Fang becomes ill in Chapter 20: “The Love Master”?
(b) Circle City.
4. By what nickname had Beauty Smith been called growing up?
5. How old is White Fang when he takes a trip with Grey Beaver’s family and leads the puppy sled in Chapter 13: “The Covenant”?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 8 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it when Grey Beaver and White Fang arrive at Fort Yukon in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind”?
2. What is Matt’s answer when Weedon Scott asks him the worth of a good sled dog in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
3. The narrator says of White Fang’s awe of mankind in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire,” “To his dim comprehension they were as much wonder-workers as” what?
4. The narrator says in Chapter 10: “The Bondage,” “To man has been given the grief, often, of seeing his gods overthrown and” what?
5. How many Native Americans does White Fang encounter outside the den in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes White Fang’s violent nature when growing up at the Indian camp in Chapter 11: “The Outcast”?
2. How does Beauty Smith treat White Fang in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”? Why?
3. What kind of dog is White Fang arranged to fight in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?What obstacle does White Fang face in the fight?
4. What is White Fang’s reaction upon seeing the American Indians in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
5. Where does Grey Beaver take White Fang in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind”? Why?
6. Who becomes White Fang’s nemesis in Chapter 10: “The Bondage”? What happens to White Fang’s mother in this chapter?
7. What ends the dogfight in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
8. Why are Weedon Scott and Matt going to kill White Fang in Chapter 19: “The Indomitable”? What stops them?
9. What happens in the climax of the fight in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
10. What “law” does White Fang realize and abide by in Chapter 13: “The Covenant”?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)