|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The moose that is cornered by the wolf pack in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs” is said to weigh over how many pounds?
2. For how long does the She-Wolf lay largely immobile after fighting the lynx mother in Chapter 8: “The Law of Meat”?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 12 hours.
3. For how many days does White Fang rest before venturing outside his den for the second time in Chapter 8: “The Law of Meat”?
4. What animal does One-Eye see first when hunting for food for his new family in Chapter 5: “The Lair”?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A weasel.
(c) A porcupine.
(d) A wolverine.
5. What color does Bill say the She-Wolf is in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does One-Eye first kill to take home to She-Wolf and the cubs in Chapter 5: “The Lair”?
2. Where are Bill and Henry traveling to with the body in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
3. The narrator describes in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” “a laughter that was mirthless as the smile of” what?
4. What is the second animal that White Fang encounters on his first exploration outside the den in Chapter 7: “The Wall of the World”?
5. What is the name of the older gray wolf that is affectionate toward the She-Wolf in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what setting does the narrative shift in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”? What action do the wolves take?
2. What is the setting of Chapter 5: “The Lair”? How many cubs does the She-Wolf have?
3. What are the main characters of Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat” transporting? What sound follows them?
4. What is the setting of Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”? Where are the travelers going?
5. How is Henry saved from peril at the end of Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”? What does he relate of his travails?
6. How is One-Eye killed in Chapter 6: “The Grey Cub”? How does the She-Wolf survive after his death?
7. What animals attack White Fang on his first venture outside the den in Chapter 7: “The Wall of the World”?
8. What action leads to Bill’s death in Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”? How is his death related?
9. What obstacles do the characters face in defending themselves in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
10. What does Henry do after Bill’s death in Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)