|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The moose that is cornered by the wolf pack in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs” is said to weigh over how many pounds?
2. Whose body is being transported by Bill and Henry in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
(a) Lord Alfred’s.
(b) Lord Benedict’s.
(c) Lord Wellington’s.
(d) Lord Grafton’s.
3. When the wolf pack splits up in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs,” the She-Wolf and her suitors lead their half of the pack toward what body of water?
(a) The Mackenzie River.
(b) The Yukon River.
(c) The Salmon River.
(d) The Glacier River.
4. What animal does One-Eye succeed in taking home to the She-Wolf and cubs in the end of Chapter 5: “The Lair”?
(a) A porcupine.
(b) A lynx.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A woodpecker.
5. Who does Bill say “had a dog once that run away with the wolves” in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
(a) “Ol’ Trapper.”
(b) “Ol’ Bill.”
(c) “Ol’ Preacher.”
(d) “Ol’ Villain.”
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat” that the Wild drives what “out of the trees till they are frozen to their mighty hearts”?
2. What color are White Fang’s siblings when he is still a cub in Chapter 6: “The Grey Cub”?
3. White Fang discovers and devours a nest of what birds on his first foray from the den in Chapter 7: “The Wall of the World”?
4. Where are Bill and Henry traveling to with the body in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
5. Who does Bill say didn’t get a fish when he was handing out dinner in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the wolves become more brazen throughout Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
2. What obstacles do the characters face in defending themselves in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
3. How is the theme of survival of the fittest illustrated in White Fang?
4. What are the main characters of Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat” transporting? What sound follows them?
5. What does Henry do after Bill’s death in Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”?
6. How are the wolf cubs described in Chapter 6: “The Grey Cub”? Why do several of the cubs die?
7. What obstacle do the men face in their journey in the beginning of Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”?
8. What action leads to Bill’s death in Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”? How is his death related?
9. How is Henry saved from peril at the end of Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”? What does he relate of his travails?
10. How is the battle with the lynx described in Chapter 8: “The Law of Meat”?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)