|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the trail that Bill and Henry are traveling on referred to as in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
(a) The Arctic Circle trail.
(b) The Yukon-Alaska trail.
(c) The Northland trail.
(d) The trail of the Auroras.
2. What is the “Law of Meat” described in Chapter 8: “The Law of Meat”?
(a) “Eat all the weak.”
(b) “Eat meat before plants.”
(c) “Run or be eaten.”
(d) “Eat or be eaten.”
3. What is the name of the second of Bill and Henry’s dogs that disappear, having been lured out to the wolves in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
4. What is described as “ever a sterner and crueler business than that of food-getting” in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
(a) “The business of mining.”
(b) “The business of fishing.”
(c) “The business of love.”
(d) “The business of logging.”
5. The narrator states in the opening of Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry” that the day began how?
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall does the She-Wolf stand at the shoulders, according to Henry in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
2. What word does the narrator use to describe the moose’s antlers in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
3. Until what time does the daylight last as Bill and Henry travel in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
4. Where are Bill and Henry traveling to with the body in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
5. What color are White Fang’s siblings when he is still a cub in Chapter 6: “The Grey Cub”?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what setting does the narrative shift in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”? What action do the wolves take?
2. What does Henry do with Lord Alfred in Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”? Why?
3. What does White Fang discover when he ventures beyond the cave opening in Chapter 7: “The Wall of the World”?
4. What obstacles do the characters face in defending themselves in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
5. Where does the She-Wolf go in the end of Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”? Who accompanies her?
6. What happens on the second night as the men continue their journey in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
7. What is strange about Bill’s feeding of the sled-dogs in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
8. What animals attack White Fang on his first venture outside the den in Chapter 7: “The Wall of the World”?
9. What is the setting of Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”? Where are the travelers going?
10. How are the wolf cubs described in Chapter 6: “The Grey Cub”? Why do several of the cubs die?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)