|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of dog is the first that Beauty Smith puts into White Fang’s cage to fight in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”?
(a) Great Dane.
2. What catlike behavior does White Fang learn in order to succeed in dogfights with the dogs of the tribe in Chapter 11: “The Outcast”?
(a) How to hiss and arch his back.
(b) How to jump straight into the air.
(c) How to swat his opponent’s eyeballs.
(d) How to stay on his feet.
3. What word does the narrator use to describe the life that White Fang had lived since puppyhood in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind”?
4. By what nickname had Beauty Smith been called growing up?
5. What is the name of Grey Beaver’s wife in the novel?
6. What does the Native American say of White Fang as he stands over him after he’s been discovered in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
(a) “Wakan Tankan Nici Un”
(b) “Wabam wabisca ip pit tah.”
(c) “O’siyo Oginalii Tsilugi.”
(d) “Ea Nigada Qusdi Idadadvhn”
7. What does Grey Beaver bring to trade in Fort Yukon in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind”?
8. How long do the Native Americans say it has been since Kiche ran away in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
(a) 14 weeks.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 1 year.
9. How much does the bulldog weight that fights White Fang in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 95 pounds.
(c) 60 pounds.
(d) 75 pounds.
10. What is the whip made of that Grey Beaver’s son uses to drive the sled dogs in Chapter 13: “The Covenant”?
(a) Spider webs.
(b) Salmon skins.
(d) Horse tails.
11. White Fang is nearly how old when Grey Beaver takes him on another great journey in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind”?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 8 years.
12. How old is White Fang when Grey Beaver completes his journey in Chapter 14: “The Famine”?
(a) 16 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 8 months.
13. What food does Grey Beaver share with White Fang when White Fang finds and returns to the Indian camp in Chapter 12: “The Trail of the Gods”?
(c) Smoked salmon.
14. How many times does Grey Beaver betray White Fang in Chapter 16: “The Mad God”?
15. How many cartridges does Grey Beaver give to Three Eagles as part of his debt repayment in Chapter 10: “The Bondage”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it when Grey Beaver finishes his journey in Chapter 14: “The Famine”?
2. Chapter 12: “The Trail of the Gods” begins in what season?
3. What word from Chapter 11: “The Outcast” means to instigate or foster?
4. What is the fiercest of the wild animals brought in to fight White Fang in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”?
5. Where does Weedon Scott take a trip to when White Fang becomes ill in Chapter 20: “The Love Master”?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)