|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word used to describe White Fang in Chapter 10: “The Bondage” means disposed to cause harm or suffering deliberately?
2. What is the fiercest of the wild animals brought in to fight White Fang in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”?
(a) A polar bear.
(b) A caribou.
(c) A ptarmigan.
(d) A lynx.
3. What month is it when Grey Beaver finishes his journey in Chapter 14: “The Famine”?
4. The narrator says in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind” that thousands of gold-hunters “were going up the Yukon to Dawson and” what?
(b) “The Klondike.”
(c) “British Columbia.”
(d) “The Northwest Territories.”
5. White Fang is nearly how old when Grey Beaver takes him on another great journey in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind”?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 3 years.
6. What is the name of the bulldog brought in to fight White Fang in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
7. Of the person who attempted to steal White Fang, Matt says in Chapter 20: “The Love Master,” Must ‘a thought he had hold of” what?
(a) “General dissent.”
(b) “Twenty ghosts.”
(c) “Thirteen phantoms.”
(d) “Seventeen devils.”
8. How old is White Fang when he takes a trip with Grey Beaver’s family and leads the puppy sled in Chapter 13: “The Covenant”?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 8 months.
9. According to the narrator in Chapter 16: “The Mad God,” the men who arrive by steamer in Fort Yukon make their bread using what?
(a) Baking powder.
10. Chapter 12: “The Trail of the Gods” begins in what season?
11. How much do the men pay in gold dust to see White Fang fight in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”?
(a) 75 cents.
(b) 50 cents.
(c) 25 cents.
(d) 10 cents.
12. What year is it when Grey Beaver and White Fang arrive in Fort Yukon in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind”?
13. White Fang learns in Chapter 13: “The Covenant” that “a thieving god was usually” what?
(a) “A sinister god.”
(b) “A loving god.”
(c) “A powerful god.”
(d) “A cowardly god.”
14. What word does the narrator use to describe the life that White Fang had lived since puppyhood in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind”?
15. What word from Chapter 11: “The Outcast” means notched on the edge like a saw?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color cloth does Grey Beaver give to Three Eagles as part of his debt repayment in Chapter 10: “The Bondage”?
2. By what nickname had Beauty Smith been called growing up?
3. According to the narrator in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind,” being what “was anything but gratifying to him”?
4. What word from Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind” means that which cannot be subdued or overcome?
5. Which of Weedon Scott’s sled-dogs does White Fang kill when he tries to take White Fang’s meat in Chapter 19: “The Indomitable”?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)