|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Weedon Scott’s sled-dogs does White Fang kill when he tries to take White Fang’s meat in Chapter 19: “The Indomitable”?
2. What catlike behavior does White Fang learn in order to succeed in dogfights with the dogs of the tribe in Chapter 11: “The Outcast”?
(a) How to jump straight into the air.
(b) How to swat his opponent’s eyeballs.
(c) How to hiss and arch his back.
(d) How to stay on his feet.
3. By what nickname had Beauty Smith been called growing up?
4. Where does Beauty Smith take White Fang on a steamship in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”?
5. How old is White Fang when Grey Beaver completes his journey in Chapter 14: “The Famine”?
(a) 16 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 8 months.
6. How old is White Fang in the beginning of Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind”?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
7. How old is White Fang when he takes a trip with Grey Beaver’s family and leads the puppy sled in Chapter 13: “The Covenant”?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 8 months.
(c) 18 months.
(d) 6 months.
8. What do the men who arrive in Chapter 16: “The Mad God” call themselves?
9. What word from Chapter 11: “The Outcast” means notched on the edge like a saw?
10. What does the narrator say in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind” “had been more generous to [White Fang] than to the average animal”?
11. Of the person who attempted to steal White Fang, Matt says in Chapter 20: “The Love Master,” Must ‘a thought he had hold of” what?
(a) “Seventeen devils.”
(b) “Thirteen phantoms.”
(c) “Twenty ghosts.”
(d) “General dissent.”
12. The men who come ashore in the steamers are known as what in Chapter 16: “The Mad God”?
13. What kind of dog is the first that Beauty Smith puts into White Fang’s cage to fight in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”?
(d) Great Dane.
14. What word from Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind” means that which cannot be subdued or overcome?
15. How many puppies are on the team pulling Grey Beaver’s son in Chapter 13: “The Covenant”?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what puppy does White Fang encounter his first fight in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
2. How many times does Grey Beaver betray White Fang in Chapter 16: “The Mad God”?
3. According to the narrator in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind,” being what “was anything but gratifying to him”?
4. What word in the book is used to refer to a North American Indian woman, especially a wife?
5. The narrator says of White Fang’s awe of mankind in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire,” “To his dim comprehension they were as much wonder-workers as” what?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)