|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What season is it when Grey Beaver and White Fang arrive at Fort Yukon in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind”?
2. How many Native Americans join the first that find White Fang and his mother in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
3. What kind of dog is the first that Beauty Smith puts into White Fang’s cage to fight in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”?
(d) Great Dane.
4. What food does Grey Beaver share with White Fang when White Fang finds and returns to the Indian camp in Chapter 12: “The Trail of the Gods”?
(a) Smoked salmon.
5. How many cartridges does Grey Beaver give to Three Eagles as part of his debt repayment in Chapter 10: “The Bondage”?
6. What dog in Chapter 14: “The Famine” is described as “a grizzled old fellow that in his younger days had but to uncover his fangs to send White Fang cringing and crouching to the right about”?
7. What month is it when Grey Beaver goes on a journey up the Mackenzie in Chapter 13: “The Covenant”?
8. White Fang learns in Chapter 13: “The Covenant” that “a thieving god was usually” what?
(a) “A sinister god.”
(b) “A powerful god.”
(c) “A loving god.”
(d) “A cowardly god.”
9. How much money does Weedon Scott give to Beauty Smith for White Fang in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
(a) 100 dollars.
(b) 150 dollars.
(c) 320 dollars.
(d) 450 dollars.
10. How does White Fang injure himself at the Native American campsite, causing the Indians to laugh at him in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
(a) He licks a dirty knife.
(b) He gets swept into the river.
(c) He burns himself in the campfire.
(d) He knocks over a pile of wood.
11. What word from Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire” means to flutter or tremble?
12. What word from Chapter 10: “The Bondage” refers to a visible spirit or apparition?
13. How does Kiche depart with Three Eagles in Chapter 10: “The Bondage”?
(a) By canoe.
(b) On horseback.
(c) By dogsled.
(d) On foot.
14. Who gives White Fang his name in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
(b) Grey Beaver.
(c) Three Eagles.
(d) White Fox.
15. How many times does Grey Beaver betray White Fang in Chapter 16: “The Mad God”?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says in Chapter 10: “The Bondage,” “To man has been given the grief, often, of seeing his gods overthrown and” what?
2. Which of Weedon Scott’s sled-dogs does White Fang kill when he tries to take White Fang’s meat in Chapter 19: “The Indomitable”?
3. The Native Americans claim that Kiche’s mother was what in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
4. How much does the bulldog weight that fights White Fang in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
5. What does the narrator say in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind” “had been more generous to [White Fang] than to the average animal”?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)