|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The men who come ashore in the steamers are known as what in Chapter 16: “The Mad God”?
2. What catlike behavior does White Fang learn in order to succeed in dogfights with the dogs of the tribe in Chapter 11: “The Outcast”?
(a) How to jump straight into the air.
(b) How to swat his opponent’s eyeballs.
(c) How to hiss and arch his back.
(d) How to stay on his feet.
3. The sled drawn by the puppies in Chapter 13: “The Covenant” carries nearly how many pounds of outfit and food?
4. Who gives White Fang his name in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
(a) White Fox.
(b) Three Eagles.
(c) Grey Beaver.
5. What color cloth does Grey Beaver give to Three Eagles as part of his debt repayment in Chapter 10: “The Bondage”?
6. What does Beauty Smith use to coerce Grey Beaver into selling White Fang in Chapter 16: “The Mad God”?
7. How does Kiche depart with Three Eagles in Chapter 10: “The Bondage”?
(a) By dogsled.
(b) On horseback.
(c) On foot.
(d) By canoe.
8. What do the men who arrive in Chapter 16: “The Mad God” call themselves?
9. One of the watchers of the dog fight tells Tim Keenan that Weedon Scott is special friends with whom in Dawson in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
(a) The Mayor.
(b) The Governor.
(c) The Sheriff.
(d) The Gold Commissioner.
10. The Native Americans claim that Kiche’s mother was what in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A bear.
(c) A dog.
(d) A lynx.
11. Three Eagles is going on a trip to what lake in Chapter 10: “The Bondage”?
(a) Lake Iliamna.
(b) Crater Lake.
(c) Lake Tahoe.
(d) Great Slave Lake.
12. What month is it when Grey Beaver goes on a journey up the Mackenzie in Chapter 13: “The Covenant”?
13. What is the whip made of that Grey Beaver’s son uses to drive the sled dogs in Chapter 13: “The Covenant”?
(b) Spider webs.
(c) Salmon skins.
(d) Horse tails.
14. With what puppy does White Fang encounter his first fight in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
15. What is the name of the faro-dealer that arrives with a bulldog in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”?
(a) Beauty Smith.
(b) Judge Scott.
(c) Tim Keenan.
(d) Jim Hall.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Native Americans join the first that find White Fang and his mother in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
2. According to the narrator in Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind,” being what “was anything but gratifying to him”?
3. How much do the men pay in gold dust to see White Fang fight in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”?
4. What word from Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind” means that which cannot be subdued or overcome?
5. What month is it when Grey Beaver finishes his journey in Chapter 14: “The Famine”?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)