|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After killing the moose in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs,” there is enough meat for each wolf in the pack to have how many pounds?
2. Who does Bill say didn’t get a fish when he was handing out dinner in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
(c) One Ear.
3. The narrator states in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat” that the Wild drives what “out of the trees till they are frozen to their mighty hearts”?
(a) “The splinters.”
(b) “The roots.”
(c) “The growth rings.”
(d) “The sap.”
4. White Fang comes to view his mother as a representation of what in Chapter 8: “The Law of Meat”?
5. How many cartridges of ammunition do Bill and Henry have in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
6. Which of the wolves is the first to hear the men approaching and to run away from Henry in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
(a) The She-Wolf.
7. When the wolf pack splits up in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs,” the She-Wolf and her suitors lead their half of the pack toward what body of water?
(a) The Salmon River.
(b) The Mackenzie River.
(c) The Glacier River.
(d) The Yukon River.
8. The narrator states in the opening of Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry” that the day began how?
9. Who does Bill say “had a dog once that run away with the wolves” in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
(a) “Ol’ Bill.”
(b) “Ol’ Preacher.”
(c) “Ol’ Trapper.”
(d) “Ol’ Villain.”
10. How many dogs do Henry and Bill start out with in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
11. At what time does Henry awaken after Bill and Henry’s first night surrounded by the wolves in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 6:00 a.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
12. What word from Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat” means devoid of personal feeling or bias?
13. White Fang discovers in Chapter 8: “The Law of Meat” that there are two kinds of life. What are they?
(a) Air creatures and land creatures.
(b) His own kind and the other kind.
(c) Animals and humans.
(d) Mammals and fish.
14. Whose body is being transported by Bill and Henry in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
(a) Lord Benedict’s.
(b) Lord Alfred’s.
(c) Lord Grafton’s.
(d) Lord Wellington’s.
15. What is the first animal that White Fang encounters on his first exploration outside the den in Chapter 7: “The Wall of the World”?
(a) A ptarmigan.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A weasel.
(d) A porcupine.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall does the She-Wolf stand at the shoulders, according to Henry in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
2. What does the narrator say “had come down to [White Fang] from a remote ancestry through a thousand thousand lives” in Chapter 7: “The Wall of the World”?
3. What dog has disappeared in the night after Bill and Henry are first surrounded by the wolves in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
4. What trees are described throughout the forest in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
5. What animal does One-Eye and She-Wolf catch outside of the Indian settlement in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)