|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: “The Tame”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator describes the light of the cave opening as drawing White Fang and his siblings to it like what in Chapter 6: “The Grey Cub”?
(d) The wind.
2. What color cloth does Grey Beaver give to Three Eagles as part of his debt repayment in Chapter 10: “The Bondage”?
3. Of the person who attempted to steal White Fang, Matt says in Chapter 20: “The Love Master,” Must ‘a thought he had hold of” what?
(a) “General dissent.”
(b) “Seventeen devils.”
(c) “Thirteen phantoms.”
(d) “Twenty ghosts.”
4. What is the trail that Bill and Henry are traveling on referred to as in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
(a) The Arctic Circle trail.
(b) The trail of the Auroras.
(c) The Northland trail.
(d) The Yukon-Alaska trail.
5. The narrator states in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat” that the Wild drives what “out of the trees till they are frozen to their mighty hearts”?
(a) “The roots.”
(b) “The splinters.”
(c) “The sap.”
(d) “The growth rings.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets up at night to let White Fang sleep in the big hall in Chapter 25: “The Sleeping Wolf”?
2. How old is White Fang when he takes a trip with Grey Beaver’s family and leads the puppy sled in Chapter 13: “The Covenant”?
3. Approximately how many wolves comprise the whole pack in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
4. What word used to describe White Fang in Chapter 10: “The Bondage” means disposed to cause harm or suffering deliberately?
5. What month is it when Grey Beaver goes on a journey up the Mackenzie in Chapter 13: “The Covenant”?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)