|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: “The Superior Gods”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Matt’s answer when Weedon Scott asks him the worth of a good sled dog in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
(a) 60 dollars.
(b) 300 dollars.
(c) 250 dollars.
(d) 150 dollars.
2. What word used to describe Beauty Smith in Chapter 16: “The Mad God” means having protrusive jaws?
3. What dog disappears next after Frog in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
4. What is described as “ever a sterner and crueler business than that of food-getting” in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
(a) “The business of logging.”
(b) “The business of fishing.”
(c) “The business of mining.”
(d) “The business of love.”
5. What word from Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind” means that which cannot be subdued or overcome?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say “had come down to [White Fang] from a remote ancestry through a thousand thousand lives” in Chapter 7: “The Wall of the World”?
2. What is the whip made of that Grey Beaver’s son uses to drive the sled dogs in Chapter 13: “The Covenant”?
3. What is the first animal that White Fang encounters on his first exploration outside the den in Chapter 7: “The Wall of the World”?
4. What character says in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” They'd sooner eat grub than be grub. They're pretty wise, them dogs”?
5. How old is White Fang in the beginning of Chapter 15: “The Enemy of His Kind”?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)