|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: “Born of the Wild”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry take out from under the lashings after Bill is attacked by the wolves in Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”?
(a) A large knife.
(b) A rifle.
(c) An axe.
(d) A shotgun.
2. What is the name of the older gray wolf that is affectionate toward the She-Wolf in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
3. What does the narrator juxtapose against the power of fear in White Fang in Chapter 7: “The Wall of the World”?
4. Where does White Fang get slashed by the lynx mother during the fight in Chapter 8: “The Law of Meat”?
(a) The stomach.
(b) The shoulder.
(c) The tail.
(d) The face.
5. How many cartridges of ammunition do Bill and Henry have in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” “The land itself was a desolation, lifeless, without movement, so lone and cold that the spirit of it was not even that of” what?
2. What word does the narrator use to describe the moose’s antlers in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
3. What dog disappears next after Frog in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
4. What is the trail that Bill and Henry are traveling on referred to as in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
5. What is the name of the second of Bill and Henry’s dogs that disappear, having been lured out to the wolves in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)