|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: “Born of the Wild”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What card game does Bill say he wishes he were back home playing in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
(d) Go fish.
2. What color are White Fang’s siblings when he is still a cub in Chapter 6: “The Grey Cub”?
3. What trees are described throughout the forest in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
4. How does the narrator describe the contractions of the wolves’ muscles as they run in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
5. How many dogs does Bill say came to eat dinner on their first night in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described by the narrator in Chapter 7: “The Wall of the World” as “for size and weight… the most ferocious, vindictive, and terrible of all the killer of the Wild”?
2. What dog runs away while Henry and Bill are trying to aright the sled in Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”?
3. How many cartridges of ammunition do Bill and Henry have in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
4. How many feet in diameter is the lair that She-Wolf finds in Chapter 5: “The Lair”?
5. For how long does the She-Wolf lay largely immobile after fighting the lynx mother in Chapter 8: “The Law of Meat”?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)