|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: “Born of the Wild”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the narrator use to describe the moose’s antlers in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
2. Of what dog does Henry say in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf,” “He can gnaw through leather as clean as a knife an’ jes’ about half as quick”?
(d) One Ear.
3. Where are Bill and Henry traveling to with the body in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
(a) Fort McGurry.
(b) New York.
(c) Moose Jaw.
4. When the wolf pack splits up in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs,” the She-Wolf and her suitors lead their half of the pack toward what body of water?
(a) The Glacier River.
(b) The Mackenzie River.
(c) The Salmon River.
(d) The Yukon River.
5. The narrator describes in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” “a laughter that was mirthless as the smile of” what?
(a) “A jaguar.”
(b) “A grizzly bear.”
(c) “The phoenix.”
(d) “The sphinx.”
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cubs does She-Wolf give birth to in Chapter 5: “The Lair”?
2. For how long does Bill say it’s been fifty below in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
3. The sled in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat” is made of what?
4. What dog runs away while Henry and Bill are trying to aright the sled in Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”?
5. What are the genders of White Fang’s siblings in Chapter 6: “The Grey Cub”?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)