|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: “The Wild”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bill say didn’t get a fish when he was handing out dinner in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
(b) One Ear.
2. What trees are described throughout the forest in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
3. What dog disappears next after Frog in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
4. What dog runs away while Henry and Bill are trying to aright the sled in Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”?
(c) One Ear.
5. At what time does Henry awaken after Bill and Henry’s first night surrounded by the wolves in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
(a) 6:00 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 3:30 a.m.
(d) 4:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what dog does Henry say in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf,” “He can gnaw through leather as clean as a knife an’ jes’ about half as quick”?
2. What card game does Bill say he wishes he were back home playing in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
3. The narrator describes in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” “a laughter that was mirthless as the smile of” what?
4. Of the man whose body is being transported in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” Henry says, “He might have lived to a ripe old age if he’d” done what?
5. What is the most prominent object on the sled in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)