|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: “The Wild”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the man whose body is being transported in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” Henry says, “He might have lived to a ripe old age if he’d” done what?
(a) “Stayed at home.”
(b) “Fled the North.”
(c) “Stayed in Europe.”
(d) “Stayed in the tropics.”
2. What dog has disappeared in the night after Bill and Henry are first surrounded by the wolves in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
3. What word from Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat” means devoid of personal feeling or bias?
4. Henry surmises that the She-Wolf is almost how long in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
(a) 3 feet.
(b) 5 feet.
(c) 4 feet.
(d) 6 feet.
5. What color does Bill say the She-Wolf is in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body is being transported by Bill and Henry in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
2. The narrator says in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” “The land itself was a desolation, lifeless, without movement, so lone and cold that the spirit of it was not even that of” what?
3. The narrator states in the opening of Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry” that the day began how?
4. The narrator states in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” “It is not the way of the Wild to like” what?
5. At what time does daylight break when Bill and Henry set out in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)