|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: “The Tame”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator in Chapter 16: “The Mad God,” the men who arrive by steamer in Fort Yukon make their bread using what?
(b) Baking powder.
2. How many times does Grey Beaver betray White Fang in Chapter 16: “The Mad God”?
3. What is the name of the second of Bill and Henry’s dogs that disappear, having been lured out to the wolves in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
4. What word used to describe White Fang in Chapter 10: “The Bondage” means disposed to cause harm or suffering deliberately?
5. Of the person who attempted to steal White Fang, Matt says in Chapter 20: “The Love Master,” Must ‘a thought he had hold of” what?
(a) “Twenty ghosts.”
(b) “General dissent.”
(c) “Seventeen devils.”
(d) “Thirteen phantoms.”
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator describes in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” “a laughter that was mirthless as the smile of” what?
2. How many white Longhorn hens does White Fang slaughter when he steals into the henhouse in Chapter 23: “The God’s Domain”?
3. After killing the moose in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs,” there is enough meat for each wolf in the pack to have how many pounds?
4. What is Matt’s answer when Weedon Scott asks him the worth of a good sled dog in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
5. For how many days does White Fang rest before venturing outside his den for the second time in Chapter 8: “The Law of Meat”?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)