|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: “The Tame”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Weedon Scott give to Beauty Smith for White Fang in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
(a) 450 dollars.
(b) 150 dollars.
(c) 100 dollars.
(d) 320 dollars.
2. The narrator describes in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” “a laughter that was mirthless as the smile of” what?
(a) “The phoenix.”
(b) “The sphinx.”
(c) “A jaguar.”
(d) “A grizzly bear.”
3. What word in Chapter 11: “The Outcast” means a feeling or condition of hostility?
4. What is the name of the deer-hound on Weedon Scott’s estate?
5. Of what dog does Henry say in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf,” “He can gnaw through leather as clean as a knife an’ jes’ about half as quick”?
(c) One Ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What food does Grey Beaver share with White Fang when White Fang finds and returns to the Indian camp in Chapter 12: “The Trail of the Gods”?
2. What is the most prominent object on the sled in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
3. How many dogs does Bill say came to eat dinner on their first night in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
4. Where does Beauty Smith take White Fang on a steamship in Chapter 17: “The Reign of Hate”?
5. What animal does One-Eye first kill to take home to She-Wolf and the cubs in Chapter 5: “The Lair”?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)