|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: “Born of the Wild”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the wolves is the first to hear the men approaching and to run away from Henry in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
(b) The She-Wolf.
2. Approximately how many wolves comprise the whole pack in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
3. What word does the narrator use to describe the moose’s antlers in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
4. When the wolf pack splits up in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs,” the She-Wolf and her suitors lead their half of the pack toward what body of water?
(a) The Mackenzie River.
(b) The Yukon River.
(c) The Glacier River.
(d) The Salmon River.
5. Whose body is being transported by Bill and Henry in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
(a) Lord Alfred’s.
(b) Lord Wellington’s.
(c) Lord Benedict’s.
(d) Lord Grafton’s.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states in the opening of Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry” that the day began how?
2. For how long does the She-Wolf lay largely immobile after fighting the lynx mother in Chapter 8: “The Law of Meat”?
3. What is the most prominent object on the sled in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
4. At what time does daylight break when Bill and Henry set out in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
5. What animal comes and sniffs at the lair where White Fang lay in Chapter 7: “The Wall of the World”?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)