|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: “Born of the Wild”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The sled in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat” is made of what?
(a) Pine boughs.
(b) Driftwood pieces.
(c) Cedar planks.
2. What word does the narrator use to describe the moose’s antlers in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
3. White Fang discovers and devours a nest of what birds on his first foray from the den in Chapter 7: “The Wall of the World”?
4. For how long does Bill say it’s been fifty below in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 2 weeks.
5. What animal kills One-Eye in Chapter 6: “The Grey Cub”?
(a) A lynx.
(b) A weasel.
(c) A caribou.
(d) A wolverine.
Short Answer Questions
1. White Fang comes to view his mother as a representation of what in Chapter 8: “The Law of Meat”?
2. What animal does One-Eye and She-Wolf catch outside of the Indian settlement in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
3. What is the name of the second of Bill and Henry’s dogs that disappear, having been lured out to the wolves in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
4. What word from Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat” means devoid of personal feeling or bias?
5. Where does Henry tell the men with the sleds that the body of Lord Henry is in the end of Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)