|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: “Born of the Wild”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the wolves is the first to hear the men approaching and to run away from Henry in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
(a) The She-Wolf.
2. Of the man whose body is being transported in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” Henry says, “He might have lived to a ripe old age if he’d” done what?
(a) “Stayed in the tropics.”
(b) “Stayed at home.”
(c) “Stayed in Europe.”
(d) “Fled the North.”
3. The narrator says in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” “The land itself was a desolation, lifeless, without movement, so lone and cold that the spirit of it was not even that of” what?
4. What trees are described throughout the forest in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
5. What animal does One-Eye succeed in taking home to the She-Wolf and cubs in the end of Chapter 5: “The Lair”?
(a) A lynx.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A woodpecker.
(d) A porcupine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry take out from under the lashings after Bill is attacked by the wolves in Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”?
2. Who does Bill say didn’t get a fish when he was handing out dinner in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
3. What is the trail that Bill and Henry are traveling on referred to as in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
4. How many dogs do Henry and Bill start out with in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
5. What dog disappears next after Frog in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf”?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)