|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: “The Gods of the Wild”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cartridges does Grey Beaver give to Three Eagles as part of his debt repayment in Chapter 10: “The Bondage”?
2. What dog runs away while Henry and Bill are trying to aright the sled in Chapter 3: “The Hunger Cry”?
(a) One Ear.
3. What month is it when Grey Beaver finishes his journey in Chapter 14: “The Famine”?
4. What character says in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” They'd sooner eat grub than be grub. They're pretty wise, them dogs”?
5. For how long does the She-Wolf lay largely immobile after fighting the lynx mother in Chapter 8: “The Law of Meat”?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 1 week.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator states in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat,” “It is not the way of the Wild to like” what?
2. What does the narrator juxtapose against the power of fear in White Fang in Chapter 7: “The Wall of the World”?
3. The narrator states in Chapter 6: “The Grey Cub” that the grey cub was not given to what?
4. Of what dog does Henry say in Chapter 2: “The She-Wolf,” “He can gnaw through leather as clean as a knife an’ jes’ about half as quick”?
5. For how long does Bill say it’s been fifty below in Chapter 1: “The Trail of Meat”?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)