|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: “The Superior Gods”.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many wolves comprise the whole pack in Chapter 4: “The Battle of the Fangs”?
2. By what nickname had Beauty Smith been called growing up?
3. With what puppy does White Fang encounter his first fight in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
4. What is Matt’s answer when Weedon Scott asks him the worth of a good sled dog in Chapter 18: “The Clinging Death”?
(a) 60 dollars.
(b) 300 dollars.
(c) 250 dollars.
(d) 150 dollars.
5. According to the narrator in Chapter 16: “The Mad God,” the men who arrive by steamer in Fort Yukon make their bread using what?
(d) Baking powder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of White Fang, the narrator in Chapter 16: “The Mad God” says, “He was wise, and yet in the nature of him there were forces greater than wisdom. One of these was” what?
2. What is the name of Grey Beaver’s wife in the novel?
3. White Fang learns in Chapter 13: “The Covenant” that “a thieving god was usually” what?
4. What word from Chapter 8: “The Law of Meat” means resolutely fearless or dauntless?
5. Who gives White Fang his name in Chapter 9: “The Makers of Fire”?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)