|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Nobel Prizes does the fictitious spinster in Chapter 2 own?
2. At whom does Brent take a swing after being embarrassed?
3. Whom does Brent hope to see at the party?
4. In Alexandra's fantasy, who is rescued by Stephanie?
5. How does Brent feel about Mrs. Zamora's request?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the specific tasks that Brent must perform for restitution? How does he react to the request?
2. How does Brent react to Lea's mother's recollection of her daughter's death?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 2, Alexandra is taking Steph on an adventure. Discuss the hyperbole used by Alexandra as she tells her friend about their destination.
4. Upon arriving to pickup Jonathan for the party, what does Brent instantly regret as Jonathan comes out of the house? Why?
5. How does Jonathan's attitude about the party differ from Brent's?
6. What is guided imagery? Why does Alexandra believe in it? What happens on the adventure that turns Steph into a believer?
7. What bird disappoints Flaco? Why?
8. At the beginning of Chapter 3, where is Brent Bishop? What thoughts are going through his mind?
9. What pointers does Alexandra give Steph for attracting boys?
10. What is the difference between retribution and restitution? Why has Mrs. Zamora asked for restitution from Brent?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The campground setting appears several times in the book. Why is this setting so prevalent? Why is it appropriate for the first and last whirligig to be constructed on a campground?
Essay Topic 2
What does Mrs. Zamora hope to gain from Brent's restitution? Has this goal been achieved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
After hearing Brent's story, the artist tells Brent that everyone makes mistakes, and he is forgiven. Discuss why this is an important moment in Brent's life. How will this moment affect Brent's dealings with other people?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)