|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Alexandra, what is the language of love?
2. In Chapter 1, what time does Brent leave his home for the party?
(a) Five o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) Four o'clock.
(d) Seven o'clock.
3. What is Stephanie's favorite subject?
(b) Marine biology.
4. From where is the man?
(b) Buenos Aires.
(c) Puerto Rico.
5. Where are Brent's hands as Chapter 1 comes to a close?
(a) Thumping the dashboard to the music.
(b) Gripping the steering wheel
(c) Resting loosely on the steering wheel.
(d) Resting lightly on his thighs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brent's mom always place on the table to the right of his father's fork?
2. What school does Brent attend?
3. Who does not believe in retribution?
4. Who is Lea Zamora?
5. Who makes Lea lots of wooden toys, including her whirligig?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Brent's exit from the party.
2. How does Brent spend the hours right before the party?
3. What has happened at the party that makes Brent feel as though he is a leper as he drives away? Would it be accurate to say that this was Brent's self image before the party? Why or why not?
4. How does Brent react to Lea's mother's recollection of her daughter's death?
5. When the two girls reach the point, a whirligig with a woman's head on top is mounted on a pole at the edge of a cliff. What is the significance of the whirligig's location? How does this relate to the two girls?
6. What are Lea's mother's memories of learning about her daughter's death? What does she think of doing after hearing the news? What makes her change her mind?
7. Upon arriving to pickup Jonathan for the party, what does Brent instantly regret as Jonathan comes out of the house? Why?
8. Is Brent still preoccupied with his own life in Chapter 3? Give details to support.
9. What pointers does Alexandra give Steph for attracting boys?
10. At the beginning of Chapter 3, where is Brent Bishop? What thoughts are going through his mind?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)