|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of drink does Brent mix for himself?
(a) Vodka and tonic.
(b) Bourbon and coke.
(c) Apple martini.
(d) Scotch and soda.
2. Mrs. Zamora shares a photo with Brent. Who/what is in the photo?
(a) Lea and her family.
(b) Lea and her wooden toys.
(c) Lea's whirligig in motion.
(d) Lea as a young child.
3. What kind of car does Brent's dad drive?
(a) A Continental.
(b) A Ford.
(c) A Jaguar.
(d) A BMW.
4. According to Alexandra, what is the language of love?
5. What does Brent's father bring to the meeting with the Zamoras?
(a) A letter expressing regret.
(b) A silver writing pen.
(c) A letter expressing sympathy.
(d) An envelope with cash inside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has been on the man's mind for weeks?
2. According to the man, what is a hard thing to find?
3. In Chapter 2, who is the "closed-minded skeptic?"
4. In Chapter 1, as the story begins, what time is it?
5. What language does Stephanie take?
Short Essay Questions
1. What could Brent do to lessen the humiliation of Brianna's public scolding?
2. The two girls are headed out to the point near Pam McQuillen's. Alexandra is taking Steph there because she thinks that it is way past the time for Steph to have a boyfriend. 1) Give five reasons why Alexandra insists that Steph goes along with her plan. 2) Why is Steph not thrilled about this adventure?
3. Summarize the sequence of events in Chapter 4.
4. What bird disappoints Flaco? Why?
5. When Brent and Jonathan arrive at the party, what becomes apparent to Brent when he sees other guests? Why does this observation make him angry at Jonathan?
6. How does Jonathan's attitude about the party differ from Brent's?
7. What is "ouija walking?" Who invents it? How does this exemplify the inventor's personality?
8. How is the wooden marching band whirligig a contradiction in terms of Flaco's life? Does he see it as such? Use details to support.
9. What is guided imagery? Why does Alexandra believe in it? What happens on the adventure that turns Steph into a believer?
10. What does Brent recall about the automobile accident? How do his parents try to keep him from knowing facts about the accident?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)