|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finishing his journal entry, where does Tony look?
(a) At his radio cord.
(b) At the blackboard.
(c) At the clock.
(d) At his math book.
2. What does Brent do calm his frustrations?
(a) He hums to himself.
(b) He plays the harmonica.
(c) He walks on the beach.
(d) He writes letters to his parents.
3. Who has a voice that makes Tony's mom's fillings ache?
(a) Bob Barker.
(b) The Yankees' sports announcer.
(d) The teacher.
4. What is the worst part of Tony's summer vacation?
(a) Practicing violin everyday.
(b) Fishing in the stream for hours.
(c) Fighting with Kelsey.
(d) The harp whiligig at the campground.
5. Who/what is Brent's sole company as he works on the next whiligig?
(a) His friend Emil.
(c) His friend Flaco.
(d) Lea's photo.
6. Why does Grandma ask Jenny to stop in the middle of a street?
(a) To look at a birch tree.
(b) To look at roses in a yard.
(c) To pick up a lost dog.
(d) To let a bicyclist pass.
7. Where does Brent stay when he arrives at his destination?
(a) A youth hostel.
(b) A campground.
(c) A Dutch family's home.
(d) The Sheraton.
8. What is Tony doing while the teacher tells the students to write in their journals?
(a) Daydreaming about his vacation.
(b) Writing a note to a classmate.
(c) Drawing the Seattle Mariners logo.
(d) Thumping his desk.
9. What form will Brent's next whiligig take?
(a) A spouting whale.
(b) A harmonica.
(c) A flower garden.
(d) A pirate's ship.
10. According to Tony, what is wonderful about throwing up?
(a) You do not have to practice the violin.
(b) You get lots of attention.
(c) You do not have to go to school.
(d) You feel better afterwards.
11. Who is Deborah?
(a) Grandma's caregiver.
(b) Jenny's mother.
(c) Grandma's other granddaughter.
(d) An unexpected visitor.
12. What has Jenny's parents tried to put behind them?
(a) Their Hebrew language.
(b) Poland and Hitler.
(c) Christmas celebrations.
(d) The teachings of the Torah.
13. At the end of Chapter 5, whom does Brent serenade?
(a) A lost dog.
14. At the beginning of Chapter 8, where is Jenny?
(a) Driving her grandmother to the store.
(b) On a bus ride.
(c) Alone in the house with her grandmother.
(d) At the beach.
15. What does Grandma refuse to admit about her health?
(a) She is unable to walk.
(b) She needs a hearing aid.
(c) She is near death.
(d) She is senile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brent buy after leaving the museum?
2. What is the temperature that is displayed on the sign outside the station?
3. What does Brent realize about the song which he teaches himself to play?
4. Why does Jenny not want to drive Grandma anywhere?
5. Where does Brent have dinner in Chapter 7?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)