|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is circling the old house on Kansas Street?
(a) A helicopter
(b) Two crows.
(c) Two seagulls.
(d) A vulture.
2. What does Brent buy after leaving the museum?
(a) A harmonica and an instruction book.
(b) A bus pass to San Francisco.
(c) A book about building wooden toys.
(d) A pair of jeans.
3. What is the final entry in Tony's journal about his vacation?
(a) "The summer was pritty wonderful."
(b) "The summer turned out to be pritty good."
(c) "The summer turned out to be pretty good."
(d) "The summer was wonderful."
4. What instrument does Tony play?
(a) The piano.
(b) The tuba.
(c) The accordion.
(d) The violin.
5. What is just beginning after Tony finishes his journal writing?
(b) The pregame show.
(c) The Price Is Right.
6. Who is Deborah?
(a) Grandma's other granddaughter.
(b) Jenny's mother.
(c) An unexpected visitor.
(d) Grandma's caregiver.
7. What nationality is Tony?
8. In Chapter 6, what is the fifth grade teacher's name?
(a) Miss Rappalini.
(b) Miss Chang.
(c) Mrs. Griffey.
(d) Miss Kelsey.
9. What is special for Jenny's Grandma about this drive?
(a) Grandma forgets her cancer for awhile.
(b) Grandma sees important places from her past.
(c) Grandma makes good on a promise to her own parents.
(d) Grandma gets to spend time with Jenny.
10. Why does Brent like being in Texas?
(a) He remembers vacationing there as a child.
(b) No one knows him there.
(c) He likes the Dallas Cowboys.
(d) He likes reading about the history of Texas.
11. After finishing his journal entry, where does Tony look?
(a) At the clock.
(b) At his math book.
(c) At the blackboard.
(d) At his radio cord.
12. What sits atop the new whirligig?
(a) A mermaid.
(b) Lea's photo.
(c) A large seashell.
(d) A sailboat.
13. What does Brent study during breaks from building the third whirligig?
(a) A history book.
(b) A math textbook.
(c) A star guide.
(d) A woodworker's manual.
14. Why is Brent filled with envy when he enters the dining room?
(a) He envies the young man's obvious success.
(b) He envies the storyteller's ease with words.
(c) He envies the family's sharing dinner leisurely.
(d) He envies the man's ability to entertain himself and others.
15. Where do the billboards announcing the Key Lime Pie Belt first appear on Brent's bus trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter 5 begins, what city is Brent's next destination?
2. Who has a voice that makes Tony's mom's fillings ache?
3. What does Brent resolve as he is studying during his breaks.
4. What does Brent feel is missing in his life?
5. According to Tony, what is wonderful about throwing up?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)