|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is special for Jenny's Grandma about this drive?
(a) Grandma gets to spend time with Jenny.
(b) Grandma makes good on a promise to her own parents.
(c) Grandma sees important places from her past.
(d) Grandma forgets her cancer for awhile.
2. Where does Brent go after he leaves the dining hall?
(a) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(b) The San Diego Zoo.
(c) A nearby golf range.
(d) A video store.
3. Who visits while Brent is making the wooden band whirligig?
(a) Seven or eight grammar-school-age children.
(b) A minister.
(d) A beachcomber.
4. What has Jenny's parents tried to put behind them?
(a) Their Hebrew language.
(b) Christmas celebrations.
(c) Poland and Hitler.
(d) The teachings of the Torah.
5. What does Grandma refuse to admit about her health?
(a) She is senile.
(b) She is near death.
(c) She needs a hearing aid.
(d) She is unable to walk.
6. Why does Grandma ask Jenny to stop in the middle of a street?
(a) To let a bicyclist pass.
(b) To look at a birch tree.
(c) To pick up a lost dog.
(d) To look at roses in a yard.
7. At the beginning of Chapter 8, where is Jenny?
(a) At the beach.
(b) Driving her grandmother to the store.
(c) Alone in the house with her grandmother.
(d) On a bus ride.
8. In Chapter 6, what is the fifth grade teacher's name?
(a) Miss Chang.
(b) Miss Kelsey.
(c) Miss Rappalini.
(d) Mrs. Griffey.
9. What pledge does Tony break while on summer vacation?
(a) The German pledge.
(b) The Asian pledge.
(c) The Dutch pledge.
(d) The American pledge.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is annoying Brent?
(a) A snoring passenger.
(b) A lady who has boarded in Phoenix.
(c) A passenger who is humming.
(d) A bearded man who is asking questions.
11. Who is Trish?
(a) A maid at the motel.
(b) A desk clerk at the motel.
(c) A tour guide at the motel.
(d) A guest at the motel.
12. Why does Jenny not want to drive Grandma anywhere?
(a) Jenny is busy with housework.
(b) Jenny has been told by her mother not to drive.
(c) Jenny only has her learner's permit.
(d) Jenny does not like to drive the station wagon.
13. What does Brent feel is missing in his life?
(a) Motivation and direction.
(b) Friends and family.
(c) Skills and interests.
(d) Faith and hope.
14. At the end of Chapter 5, whom does Brent serenade?
(a) A lost dog.
15. Why does Brent like being in Texas?
(a) He likes the Dallas Cowboys.
(b) He likes reading about the history of Texas.
(c) He remembers vacationing there as a child.
(d) No one knows him there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is just beginning after Tony finishes his journal writing?
2. Whom does Brent sit beside in the dining hall?
3. At what kind of restaurant does Grandma tell Jenny to stop?
4. With whom does Tony pretend to have a conversation throughout Chapter 6?
5. What does Brent buy after leaving the museum?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)