|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandma wear on her head for the drive?
(a) A purple hat to match her dress.
(b) A baseball cap.
(c) A wig from the Eisenhower era.
(d) A beautiful silk scarf.
2. What is just beginning after Tony finishes his journal writing?
(a) The Price Is Right.
(c) The pregame show.
3. Whom does Brent sit beside in the dining hall?
(a) An eighteen year old German student.
(b) Two Canadian cyclists.
(c) An attractive eighteen year old French girl.
(d) An older, bearded gentlemen.
4. Why does Tony's mom let him quit taking violin lessons?
(a) The teacher tells her that the violin is not the right instrument for Tony.
(b) The teacher tells her that Tony needs to rest.
(c) The teacher tells her that Tony is not talented.
(d) The teacher tells her that Tony is unruly.
5. What does Brent do during the night hours?
(a) Writes letters to his parents.
(b) Plays his harmonica and works with the star guide.
(c) Reads the next chapter of the whirligig guidebook.
(d) Reads biographies about famous inventors.
6. While driving, what does Jenny notice about Grandma's face?
(a) It is blotched with rouge.
(b) It is more wrinkled.
(c) It is extremely pale.
(d) It has an unfocused look.
7. What does Brent see as he enters the El Paso bus station?
(a) A picture of a missing child.
(b) A lost puppy.
(c) A picture of himself on a "Wanted" poster.
(d) A picture of Lea.
8. In Chapter 8, what serves as Brent's alarm clock on the beach?
(a) The waves crashing.
(b) A mosquito buzzing in his ear.
(c) Children playing in the sand.
(d) A fisherman walking past him.
9. What musicians are represented on the third whirligig?
(a) A drummer and a trumpet player.
(b) A drummer, a trumpet player, a clarinet player, and a trombone player.
(c) A cellist, a harpist, and a pianist.
(d) A saxophone player, a trumpet player, a guitarist.
10. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is annoying Brent?
(a) A snoring passenger.
(b) A lady who has boarded in Phoenix.
(c) A bearded man who is asking questions.
(d) A passenger who is humming.
11. What has Jenny's parents tried to put behind them?
(a) The teachings of the Torah.
(b) Christmas celebrations.
(c) Poland and Hitler.
(d) Their Hebrew language.
12. Who does Tony want to be?
(b) Mr. Mintz.
13. What pledge does Tony break while on summer vacation?
(a) The Dutch pledge.
(b) The Asian pledge.
(c) The German pledge.
(d) The American pledge.
14. Who/what is Brent's sole company as he works on the next whiligig?
(a) His friend Flaco.
(c) His friend Emil.
(d) Lea's photo.
15. At what kind of restaurant does Grandma tell Jenny to stop?
(a) A fish market.
(b) A Chinese restaurant.
(c) A fast food chain.
(d) A Japanese sushi bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tony's music teacher?
2. What is the final entry in Tony's journal about his vacation?
3. Where does Brent stay when he arrives at his destination?
4. What is Brent trying to learn from a book he has purchased?
5. Who is Trish?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)