|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandma ask Jenny to stop in the middle of a street?
(a) To look at roses in a yard.
(b) To pick up a lost dog.
(c) To let a bicyclist pass.
(d) To look at a birch tree.
2. What is Grandma wearing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) A pink nightgown.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A purple robe.
(d) A navy dress.
3. As Brent walks down a street in El Paso, whom does he encounter with tweezerlike eyes?
(a) A street preacher.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A street vendor.
(d) A fleeing robber.
4. What instrument does Tony play?
(a) The tuba.
(b) The violin.
(c) The piano.
(d) The accordion.
5. What is Grandma's first language?
6. What is the worst part of Tony's summer vacation?
(a) The harp whiligig at the campground.
(b) Fighting with Kelsey.
(c) Fishing in the stream for hours.
(d) Practicing violin everyday.
7. Where does Brent go after he leaves the dining hall?
(a) A nearby golf range.
(b) A video store.
(c) The San Diego Zoo.
(d) The Golden Gate Bridge.
8. Grandma puts on a dress made of what material?
9. What book does Brent read as he crosses Louisiana?
(a) "Two Years Before the Mast."
(b) "Pride and Prejudice."
(c) "The Alamo."
(d) "Davy Crockett."
10. Why does Tony scratch under his shirt at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) He always feels itchy when he writes in class.
(b) He is still recovering from poison ivy.
(c) He is signaling his friend to pass a note.
(d) He is feeding a cord down his sleeve.
11. What has Jenny's parents tried to put behind them?
(a) Their Hebrew language.
(b) Poland and Hitler.
(c) Christmas celebrations.
(d) The teachings of the Torah.
12. Why does Tony laugh at his last entry?
(a) He knows that he is lying.
(b) He knows that he will not be graded on the entry anyway.
(c) He remembers a funny joke he has played on his sister during vacation.
(d) He has misspelled "pretty" because spelling does not count.
13. Why does Brent like being in Texas?
(a) He likes the Dallas Cowboys.
(b) He likes reading about the history of Texas.
(c) He remembers vacationing there as a child.
(d) No one knows him there.
14. What is Tony doing while the teacher tells the students to write in their journals?
(a) Daydreaming about his vacation.
(b) Writing a note to a classmate.
(c) Thumping his desk.
(d) Drawing the Seattle Mariners logo.
15. Whom does Brent sit beside in the dining hall?
(a) An older, bearded gentlemen.
(b) An eighteen year old German student.
(c) Two Canadian cyclists.
(d) An attractive eighteen year old French girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brent have dinner in Chapter 7?
2. Which musician is Lea?
3. What pledge does Tony break while on summer vacation?
4. What form will Brent's next whiligig take?
5. According to Tony, what is wonderful about throwing up?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)