Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what kind of restaurant does Grandma tell Jenny to stop?
(a) A Chinese restaurant.
(b) A Japanese sushi bar.
(c) A fish market.
(d) A fast food chain.
2. In Chapter 6, what is the fifth grade teacher's name?
(a) Miss Chang.
(b) Miss Rappalini.
(c) Mrs. Griffey.
(d) Miss Kelsey.
3. Why does Brent like being in Texas?
(a) He likes the Dallas Cowboys.
(b) He remembers vacationing there as a child.
(c) No one knows him there.
(d) He likes reading about the history of Texas.
4. What color are practically all of Grandma's shoes?
5. Why does Tony laugh at his last entry?
(a) He has misspelled "pretty" because spelling does not count.
(b) He remembers a funny joke he has played on his sister during vacation.
(c) He knows that he is lying.
(d) He knows that he will not be graded on the entry anyway.
6. What form will Brent's next whiligig take?
(a) A flower garden.
(b) A pirate's ship.
(c) A harmonica.
(d) A spouting whale.
7. Why does Grandma ask Jenny to stop in the middle of a street?
(a) To pick up a lost dog.
(b) To look at roses in a yard.
(c) To let a bicyclist pass.
(d) To look at a birch tree.
8. What instrument does Tony play?
(a) The piano.
(b) The accordion.
(c) The violin.
(d) The tuba.
9. What pledge does Tony break while on summer vacation?
(a) The German pledge.
(b) The Dutch pledge.
(c) The Asian pledge.
(d) The American pledge.
10. Who does Tony want to be?
(b) Mr. Mintz.
11. Where do the billboards announcing the Key Lime Pie Belt first appear on Brent's bus trip?
12. Grandma puts on a dress made of what material?
13. What is special for Jenny's Grandma about this drive?
(a) Grandma sees important places from her past.
(b) Grandma forgets her cancer for awhile.
(c) Grandma makes good on a promise to her own parents.
(d) Grandma gets to spend time with Jenny.
14. Which musician is Lea?
(a) The trumpet player.
(b) The cellist.
(c) The clarinet player.
(d) The guitarist.
15. What is the worst part of Tony's summer vacation?
(a) The harp whiligig at the campground.
(b) Fighting with Kelsey.
(c) Fishing in the stream for hours.
(d) Practicing violin everyday.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Tony scratch under his shirt at the end of Chapter 6?
2. What does Grandma survive in her youth?
3. What musicians are represented on the third whirligig?
4. With whom does Tony pretend to have a conversation throughout Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 5, when Brent enters a dining room, who fills him with envy?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)