|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Grandma wearing at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) A pink nightgown.
(b) A red hat.
(c) A navy dress.
(d) A purple robe.
2. As Chapter 5 begins, what city is Brent's next destination?
(a) San Diego.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Francisco.
3. What does Grandma survive in her youth?
(a) The Korean War.
(b) Scarlet fever.
(c) A car accident.
(d) The Holocaust.
4. What instrument does Tony play?
(a) The tuba.
(b) The accordion.
(c) The violin.
(d) The piano.
5. In Chapter 5, when Brent enters a dining room, who fills him with envy?
(a) A young man dressed in a business suit.
(b) A smiling family having dinner.
(c) A story teller who is surrounded by youngsters.
(d) A bearded man playing a concertina.
6. What nationality is Tony?
7. What color are practically all of Grandma's shoes?
8. What does Brent feel is missing in his life?
(a) Faith and hope.
(b) Skills and interests.
(c) Friends and family.
(d) Motivation and direction.
9. With whom does Tony pretend to have a conversation throughout Chapter 6?
(a) Bob Barker.
(b) His mother.
(c) His best friend.
(d) A sports announcer.
10. As Brent walks down a street in El Paso, whom does he encounter with tweezerlike eyes?
(a) A street preacher.
(b) A homeless man.
(c) A fleeing robber.
(d) A street vendor.
11. Which musician is Lea?
(a) The cellist.
(b) The guitarist.
(c) The trumpet player.
(d) The clarinet player.
12. Where do the billboards announcing the Key Lime Pie Belt first appear on Brent's bus trip?
13. What does Grandma refuse to admit about her health?
(a) She needs a hearing aid.
(b) She is senile.
(c) She is unable to walk.
(d) She is near death.
14. Why does Jenny not want to drive Grandma anywhere?
(a) Jenny only has her learner's permit.
(b) Jenny is busy with housework.
(c) Jenny has been told by her mother not to drive.
(d) Jenny does not like to drive the station wagon.
15. After finishing his journal entry, where does Tony look?
(a) At the blackboard.
(b) At his math book.
(c) At his radio cord.
(d) At the clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Deborah?
2. What does Brent do during the night hours?
3. What is the final entry in Tony's journal about his vacation?
4. At the end of Chapter 5, whom does Brent serenade?
5. What does Brent have with him that could make his journey easier?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)