|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is just beginning after Tony finishes his journal writing?
(a) The pregame show.
(d) The Price Is Right.
2. Where do the billboards announcing the Key Lime Pie Belt first appear on Brent's bus trip?
3. What is the temperature that is displayed on the sign outside the station?
(a) 109 degrees.
(b) 98 degrees.
(c) 75 degrees.
(d) 32 degrees.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is annoying Brent?
(a) A snoring passenger.
(b) A lady who has boarded in Phoenix.
(c) A passenger who is humming.
(d) A bearded man who is asking questions.
5. Where does Brent stay when he arrives at his destination?
(a) The Sheraton.
(b) A Dutch family's home.
(c) A youth hostel.
(d) A campground.
6. Who visits while Brent is making the wooden band whirligig?
(a) A minister.
(c) A beachcomber.
(d) Seven or eight grammar-school-age children.
7. What does Brent see as he enters the El Paso bus station?
(a) A picture of a missing child.
(b) A picture of himself on a "Wanted" poster.
(c) A lost puppy.
(d) A picture of Lea.
8. What does Tony write about his vacation?
(a) It made him sick.
(b) It was exciting.
(c) It was horrible.
(d) It was wonderful.
9. What sits atop the new whirligig?
(a) Lea's photo.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A sailboat.
(d) A large seashell.
10. In what setting does Brent go about building the third whirligig in Chapter 7?
(a) On a beach next to a sand dune.
(b) Near a boarded up ice cream shop.
(c) Near a cottage on a deserted beach road.
(d) On a pier near the ocean.
11. What is circling the old house on Kansas Street?
(a) A vulture.
(b) Two crows.
(c) Two seagulls.
(d) A helicopter
12. What book does Brent read as he crosses Louisiana?
(a) "Two Years Before the Mast."
(b) "Davy Crockett."
(c) "The Alamo."
(d) "Pride and Prejudice."
13. What does Brent resolve as he is studying during his breaks.
(a) To return to school.
(b) To give himself a new education.
(c) To read more books.
(d) To become a teacher.
14. What has Jenny's parents tried to put behind them?
(a) The teachings of the Torah.
(b) Their Hebrew language.
(c) Poland and Hitler.
(d) Christmas celebrations.
15. What does Grandma wear on her head for the drive?
(a) A beautiful silk scarf.
(b) A purple hat to match her dress.
(c) A wig from the Eisenhower era.
(d) A baseball cap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandma survive in her youth?
2. While driving, what does Jenny notice about Grandma's face?
3. How does the desk clerk treat Brent at the motel?
4. What color are practically all of Grandma's shoes?
5. Where does Brent have dinner in Chapter 7?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)