|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which scientist does Alexandra compare to Stephanie?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Madame Curie.
(c) Jonathan Salk.
(d) Jacques Cousteau.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what is the man doing?
(a) Walking the beach.
(b) Watching the evening news.
(c) Sweeping the street.
(d) Driving in the country.
3. Who does not believe in retribution?
(a) Mrs. Zamora.
(b) Mr. Zamora.
(d) Mr. Bishop.
4. In Chapter 2, who is the "closed-minded skeptic?"
5. What school does Brent attend?
(a) Oxford Prepatory.
(b) Southside Public.
(c) Georgia Academy.
(d) Montford School.
6. Where does Brent's father currently work?
(a) Insurance company.
(b) Car rental company.
(c) Local hospital.
(d) Police department.
7. According to Alexandra, what kind of book can help Stephanie find a boyfriend?
(a) A sports book.
(b) A book on guided imagery.
(c) A book of spells.
(d) A poem book.
8. In what grade is Stephanie at the beginning of Chapter 2?
(a) Sixth grade.
(b) Ninth grade.
(c) Eighth grade.
(d) Tenth grade.
9. Whom does Brent hope to see at the party?
10. In Alexandra's fantasy, who is rescued by Stephanie?
(a) A sixteen year old Canadian boy.
(b) A brave soldier.
(c) A school athlete.
(d) A young French gentleman.
11. Who believes that everything happens for a reason?
(a) Mr. Bishop.
(b) Mrs. Zamora.
(c) Mr. Zamora.
12. What does he find nailed to a restaurant door there?
(a) A wooden musical note.
(b) A wooden marching band.
(c) A wooden jazz band.
(d) A wooden guitar.
13. What is written on the whirligig?
(a) Lea Rosalie Santos Zamora.
(c) An Indian prayer.
(d) A love poem.
14. From where is the man?
(a) Buenos Aires.
(b) Puerto Rico.
15. A cyclist at a campground introduces Brent to a game called Go. What do players use to play Go?
(a) White stones.
(b) Black and white stones.
(c) King and pawn chess pieces.
(d) Black stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brent's mom always place on the table to the right of his father's fork?
2. How does the man feel when the boat returns to shore?
3. What does Mrs. Zamora give to Brent to help him with restitution?
4. What does Mrs. Zamora ask of Brent for restitution?
5. Who moves in with the unhappy couple?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)