|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two main characters in Chapter 2?
(a) Brent and Jonathan.
(b) Brent and Chaz.
(c) Alexandra and Brianna.
(d) Alexandra and Stephanie.
2. What kind of drink does Brent mix for himself?
(a) Vodka and tonic.
(b) Apple martini.
(c) Bourbon and coke.
(d) Scotch and soda.
3. At the end of Chapter 1, what is Brent attempting to do?
(a) Commit suicide.
(b) Run over a pedestrian.
(c) Find the right exit.
(d) Make a U-turn.
4. Where are Brent's hands as Chapter 1 comes to a close?
(a) Gripping the steering wheel
(b) Resting loosely on the steering wheel.
(c) Resting lightly on his thighs.
(d) Thumping the dashboard to the music.
5. Which visualization has Alexandra already used to test her whirligig theory?
(a) Winning a scholarship.
(b) Acing a history test.
(c) Acing an algebra test.
(d) Acing a science test.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what time of day is it?
7. What does Brent's mom always place on the table to the right of his father's fork?
(a) A cup of coffee.
(b) His extra napkins.
(c) A shopping list.
(d) A television remote.
8. At the party, who calls Brent a leech?
9. Mrs. Zamora shares a photo with Brent. Who/what is in the photo?
(a) Lea and her wooden toys.
(b) Lea as a young child.
(c) Lea and her family.
(d) Lea's whirligig in motion.
10. Who has the power, according to Brent, to stop his pain?
(b) His friends.
(c) His parents.
(d) Brent, himself.
11. How does the man feel when the boat returns to shore?
12. What charges are brought against Brent?
(a) Vehicle theft.
(b) Reckless driving and DUI.
(c) Manslaughter and DUI.
13. What is usually the subject of Brent's conversations?
14. What is at the top of the whirligig?
(a) A foil halo.
(b) A gold star.
(c) A red rose.
(d) A woman's head.
15. Which musical instruments come to the man's mind?
(a) A guitar, keyboard, and drums.
(b) A harp and a violin.
(c) A violin, piano, cello, and flute.
(d) A trumpet, trombone, clarinet, and drum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's nickname?
2. In what grade is Stephanie at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. How does Brent feel about Mrs. Zamora's request?
4. What color is the whirligig?
5. In Chapter 4, who is Raul?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)