|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brent's first whirligig look like?
(a) A pianist.
(b) A drummer.
(c) A harpist.
(d) An angel.
2. What does Brent's mom always place on the table to the right of his father's fork?
(a) A shopping list.
(b) His extra napkins.
(c) A television remote.
(d) A cup of coffee.
3. What does Brent consider his "interim identity?"
(a) A wayward traveler.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A whirligig maker.
(d) A friendly stranger.
4. Who is Brent picking up for the party?
5. Which musical instruments come to the man's mind?
(a) A trumpet, trombone, clarinet, and drum.
(b) A violin, piano, cello, and flute.
(c) A guitar, keyboard, and drums.
(d) A harp and a violin.
6. What reply does Brent receive concerning his written apology to the Zamoras?
(a) No reply.
(b) An arrest warrant.
(c) His own letter, mutilated with scissors, in an envelope.
(d) A scathing phone call.
7. Who says that Mrs. Zamora's request is crazy?
(a) Brent's father.
(b) Mr. Zamora.
(c) Brent's mother.
(d) The judge.
8. Where are Brent's hands as Chapter 1 comes to a close?
(a) Thumping the dashboard to the music.
(b) Resting lightly on his thighs.
(c) Resting loosely on the steering wheel.
(d) Gripping the steering wheel
9. What does Brent's father bring to the meeting with the Zamoras?
(a) A letter expressing regret.
(b) An envelope with cash inside.
(c) A letter expressing sympathy.
(d) A silver writing pen.
10. In Chapter 3, following the accident, how does Brent feel around strangers?
(a) Like an outcast.
(b) Like a murderer.
(c) Like a brave hero.
(d) Like a misunderstood child.
11. Which of the following best describes the man's household?
12. What has been on the man's mind for weeks?
(b) A shearwater bird.
(c) A robin.
(d) A seagull.
13. Through what book does Brent look while traveling?
(a) A book on guided imagery.
(b) His high school annual.
(c) A book of poems.
(d) A book on whirligigs.
14. According to Brent, what are now mysterious gifts?
15. According to Alexandra, which step in the scientific process is analogous to one's thoughts?
(a) The conclusion.
(b) The experiment.
(c) The observation.
(d) The hypothesis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school does Brent attend?
2. A cyclist at a campground introduces Brent to a game called Go. What do players use to play Go?
3. In Chapter 1, according to Brent, what make of car always breaks down?
4. How extensive are Brent's injuries from the crash?
5. What carries words away like seeds in visualization?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)