|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, "Everybody Swing!".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tony doing while the teacher tells the students to write in their journals?
(a) Daydreaming about his vacation.
(b) Drawing the Seattle Mariners logo.
(c) Thumping his desk.
(d) Writing a note to a classmate.
2. What does Brent use to gauge his father's moods?
(a) His father's grunts and snorts.
(b) His father's generosity.
(c) His father's sarcasm.
(d) His father's humor and banter.
3. Where does Brent go after he leaves the dining hall?
(a) The San Diego Zoo.
(b) A video store.
(c) The Golden Gate Bridge.
(d) A nearby golf range.
4. What kind of drink does Brent mix for himself?
(a) Apple martini.
(b) Scotch and soda.
(c) Bourbon and coke.
(d) Vodka and tonic.
5. Why does Tony scratch under his shirt at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) He always feels itchy when he writes in class.
(b) He is signaling his friend to pass a note.
(c) He is feeding a cord down his sleeve.
(d) He is still recovering from poison ivy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who, according to Brent, are professional forgivers?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 1, what time of year is it?
3. A cyclist at a campground introduces Brent to a game called Go. What do players use to play Go?
4. At what kind of restaurant does Grandma tell Jenny to stop?
5. What book does Brent read as he crosses Louisiana?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)