|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, San Diego, California.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, as the story begins, what time is it?
(c) 5:30 P.M.
(d) 7:00 A.M.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, what is the man doing?
(a) Driving in the country.
(b) Sweeping the street.
(c) Watching the evening news.
(d) Walking the beach.
3. Why does Tony laugh at his last entry?
(a) He knows that he will not be graded on the entry anyway.
(b) He knows that he is lying.
(c) He remembers a funny joke he has played on his sister during vacation.
(d) He has misspelled "pretty" because spelling does not count.
4. What does Brent resolve as he is studying during his breaks.
(a) To return to school.
(b) To become a teacher.
(c) To read more books.
(d) To give himself a new education.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 7, who is annoying Brent?
(a) A lady who has boarded in Phoenix.
(b) A passenger who is humming.
(c) A snoring passenger.
(d) A bearded man who is asking questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brent see as he enters the El Paso bus station?
2. Why does Tony's mom let him quit taking violin lessons?
3. What does Brent do calm his frustrations?
4. Why does Grandma ask Jenny to stop in the middle of a street?
5. In Chapter 4, who is Raul?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)