|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Apprentices.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what setting does Brent go about building the third whirligig in Chapter 7?
(a) On a beach next to a sand dune.
(b) Near a boarded up ice cream shop.
(c) Near a cottage on a deserted beach road.
(d) On a pier near the ocean.
2. Where does Brent stay when he arrives at his destination?
(a) The Sheraton.
(b) A campground.
(c) A Dutch family's home.
(d) A youth hostel.
3. How does Brent feel about Mrs. Zamora's request?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He is smiling inside.
(c) He is on the verge of crying.
(d) He refuses to cooperate.
4. What does Brent realize about the song which he teaches himself to play?
(a) It is a very difficult song to play.
(b) It is a lonely song.
(c) It is a cheerful song.
(d) It is a lament.
5. What musicians are represented on the third whirligig?
(a) A saxophone player, a trumpet player, a guitarist.
(b) A drummer and a trumpet player.
(c) A drummer, a trumpet player, a clarinet player, and a trombone player.
(d) A cellist, a harpist, and a pianist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brent resolve as he is studying during his breaks.
2. What does Brent consider his "interim identity?"
3. According to Brent, what are now mysterious gifts?
4. What does Mrs. Zamora ask of Brent for restitution?
5. Where do the billboards announcing the Key Lime Pie Belt first appear on Brent's bus trip?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)