|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how does Billy think people will identify him?
2. What does the prince put in the moat?
3. How thin is Cutwater described?
4. What is laying hands on a price worse than?
5. Jemmy remembers Billy as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jemmy get the outlaws to increase their ransom demand?
2. Why do the outlaws think the prince is refusing to deliver the ransom note?
3. What do the cutthroats want from the prince and Jemmy?
4. Why does Jemmy want to hide in the sewers?
5. What are some of the pranks the prince has played on people at the castle?
6. What does Jemmy tell the outlaws he is writing in the ransom note?
7. Why does the prince refuse to deliver the ransom note?
8. What does Jemmy think about when he gets off the horse in the fog?
9. What does the outlaws' hut look like?
10. What happens over the year at the prince's lessons?
Essay Topic 1
Respect is an important idea in the story. Write a response exploring the idea of respect. How is respect portrayed in the story? How is respect important to the plot? What characters illustrate respect? What characters demonstrate a lack of respect? Be sure to use specific examples from the story in the response.
Essay Topic 2
The two outlaws, Hold-Your-Nose Billy and Cutwater, are central to the story's plot. Write a response describing the two outlaws in both physical appearance and personality. What effect do the outlaws have on the story? How do the outlaws' personalities affect the other characters in the story? Be sure to use specific examples from the story in your response.
Essay Topic 3
Prince Brat is a nickname for Prince Horace. Write a response exploring the prince's nickname. Why do people refer to him as Prince Brat? Explain what he does to deserve that nickname. How does the prince react when he learns people call him Prince Brat? How does this nickname affect the prince's character? Be sure to use specific examples in the response.
This section contains 1,851 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)