Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how does Billy think people will identify him?
2. What does the prince put in the moat?
3. How thin is Cutwater described?
4. What is laying hands on a price worse than?
5. Jemmy remembers Billy as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jemmy get the outlaws to increase their ransom demand?
2. Why do the outlaws think the prince is refusing to deliver the ransom note?
3. What do the cutthroats want from the prince and Jemmy?
4. Why does Jemmy want to hide in the sewers?
5. What are some of the pranks the prince has played on people at the castle?
6. What does Jemmy tell the outlaws he is writing in the ransom note?
7. Why does the prince refuse to deliver the ransom note?
8. What does Jemmy think about when he gets off the horse in the fog?
9. What does the outlaws' hut look like?
10. What happens over the year at the prince's lessons?
There are several symbols in the story. Identify at least three symbols used in the story. What do the symbols represent? Do the symbols mean the same thing throughout the story? How do the symbols affect the readers' understanding of the plot? Be sure to use specific examples from the story in the response.
The whipping boy is central to the story, earning the title of the book. Write a response exploring the idea of a whipping boy. What is a whipping boy? How is a whipping boy used? What is expected of the whipping boy? How is the role of the whipping boy important to the plot's development? Be sure to use specific examples from the story in the response.
Friendship is an underlying theme throughout the story. What friendships are present in the story? How do the friendships change as the story progresses? Why do some friendships falter as other friendships grow? What does friendship mean to the main characters in the story? Be sure to use specific examples from the story in the response.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)