Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how does Billy think people will identify him?
2. What does the prince put in the moat?
3. How thin is Cutwater described?
4. What is laying hands on a price worse than?
5. Jemmy remembers Billy as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jemmy get the outlaws to increase their ransom demand?
2. Why do the outlaws think the prince is refusing to deliver the ransom note?
3. What do the cutthroats want from the prince and Jemmy?
4. Why does Jemmy want to hide in the sewers?
5. What are some of the pranks the prince has played on people at the castle?
6. What does Jemmy tell the outlaws he is writing in the ransom note?
7. Why does the prince refuse to deliver the ransom note?
8. What does Jemmy think about when he gets off the horse in the fog?
9. What does the outlaws' hut look like?
10. What happens over the year at the prince's lessons?
Essay Topic 1
The author uses irony as a literary element to further develop the story. Write a response explaining the use of irony in the story. What is irony? How does the author use irony in the story? What events are ironic? How are these events ironic? How do these ironic events further the plot's development? Be sure to use specific examples from the story in the response.
Essay Topic 2
Courage is one of the story's themes. Write a response exploring the idea of courage in the story. What characters embody the idea of courage? How do the characters show courage? How does a character's courage affect the plot? What does it mean to the characters to be courageous? Be sure to use specific examples from the story in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Prince Brat and Jemmy both discuss their relationships with their fathers. Describe both Prince Brat's and Jemmy's relationships with their fathers. How are the relationships similar? How are the relationships the different? How do these father/son relationships influence the prince and Jemmy? How do the relationships affect the story's plot?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)