Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how does Billy think people will identify him?
2. What does the prince put in the moat?
3. How thin is Cutwater described?
4. What is laying hands on a price worse than?
5. Jemmy remembers Billy as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jemmy get the outlaws to increase their ransom demand?
2. Why do the outlaws think the prince is refusing to deliver the ransom note?
3. What do the cutthroats want from the prince and Jemmy?
4. Why does Jemmy want to hide in the sewers?
5. What are some of the pranks the prince has played on people at the castle?
6. What does Jemmy tell the outlaws he is writing in the ransom note?
7. Why does the prince refuse to deliver the ransom note?
8. What does Jemmy think about when he gets off the horse in the fog?
9. What does the outlaws' hut look like?
10. What happens over the year at the prince's lessons?
Essay Topic 1
Prince Brat and Jemmy both discuss their relationships with their fathers. Describe both Prince Brat's and Jemmy's relationships with their fathers. How are the relationships similar? How are the relationships the different? How do these father/son relationships influence the prince and Jemmy? How do the relationships affect the story's plot?
Essay Topic 2
Prince Brat and Jemmy's relationship is hostile at the beginning of the book and through much of the main action of the story. Write a response explaining how the story would be different if Jemmy and the prince had gotten along and been friends to begin the story. Would the story's events have happened the same way? What would have been different in the story? Be sure to use specific examples from the story in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Respect is an important idea in the story. Write a response exploring the idea of respect. How is respect portrayed in the story? How is respect important to the plot? What characters illustrate respect? What characters demonstrate a lack of respect? Be sure to use specific examples from the story in the response.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)