|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy eat to clear his head?
2. Who is Jemmy?
3. What is moldy in Chapter 6?
4. What fights with rats in Jemmy's town?
5. What does the prince warn Jemmy about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the outlaws decide to prove the ransom note is real?
2. Why does Petunia attack the outlaws?
3. What is Jemmy dreaming about in Chapter 1?
4. What is the prince carrying in the basket?
5. What does Jemmy think about when he gets off the horse in the fog?
6. How does Jemmy get the outlaws to increase their ransom demand?
7. Why does the prince refuse to deliver the ransom note?
8. What do the outlaws feed the boys?
9. What does the price command Jemmy to do when they are lost?
10. Why does Prince Brat not yell and holler when he is getting whipped?
Essay Topic 1
The relationship and interactions between Prince Brat and Jemmy are central to the story. Describe Jemmy and Prince Brat's relationship at the beginning, middle, and end of the story. How does their relationship change, evolve, and grow throughout the course of the story? Be sure to use specific examples from the story in the response.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses multiple similes and metaphors as descriptors for both characters and certain situations. Choose three similes and three metaphors used in the book. Identify and explain how these metaphors and similes describe the character or event. How are similes and metaphors useful? With what information do these techniques provide the reader? Be sure to use specific examples from the story in the response.
Essay Topic 3
Prince Brat and Jemmy both discuss their relationships with their fathers. Describe both Prince Brat's and Jemmy's relationships with their fathers. How are the relationships similar? How are the relationships the different? How do these father/son relationships influence the prince and Jemmy? How do the relationships affect the story's plot?
This section contains 1,801 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)