|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prince promise Jemmy at the end of Chapter 12?
2. What animal does Cutwater move like in Chapter 17?
(a) A greyhound.
(b) A fox.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bear.
3. Where are the fairgrounds located?
4. What tears at the boys' clothes in Chapter 14?
(b) The outlaws.
5. What does Jemmy flash at the prince in Chapter 11?
(a) His teeth.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what part of the body do the outlaws hold onto the boys in Chapter 16?
2. Who does Jemmy meet in the city?
3. Why do the outlaws think the prince refuses to take the note?
4. What does the king give Betsy and the Hot-Potato Man?
5. What is the most valuable thing that Jemmy finds in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jemmy run out of the outlaws' hut?
2. Why do the outlaws think the prince is refusing to deliver the ransom note?
3. Why do the boys want to stay out of the left side of the sewers?
4. Why does the prince refuse to deliver the ransom note?
5. Why is Jemmy sure the king will not pay the ransom?
6. Why does Prince Brat not yell and holler when he is getting whipped?
7. Why does Jemmy ask the prince if he can fend for himself in Chapter 15?
8. Why does Jemmy start collecting driftwood?
9. Why does Jemmy run to the sewers at the beginning of Chapter 19?
10. Why does Jemmy dismiss himself from the prince's service?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)