|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Petunia receive from the king?
(a) Official Singing Bear.
(b) Official Dancing Bear.
(c) Official Safety Bear.
(d) Official Scaring Bear.
2. What color is the prince's face when Jemmy meets him after running through the forest?
3. What does the Hot-Potato Man offer the boys in Chapter 18?
(a) A birdcage.
4. Jemmy describes picking up trash to the prince as what?
(a) Treasure hunting.
(d) Finding ransom.
5. What does Jemmy ask the girl in the forest?
(a) Which way the outlaws' hut is.
(b) Which way the fair is.
(c) Which way the river is.
(d) Which way the castle is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prince swear to do in Chapter 20?
2. What is Jemmy harder to catch than?
3. What is the most valuable thing that Jemmy finds in Chapter 15?
4. What is the young woman in the forest carrying in Chapter 14?
5. What is the name of the young girl in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who do Jemmy and the prince meet in the forest after they get away from Cutwater in Chapter 14?
2. Why do the outlaws think the prince is refusing to deliver the ransom note?
3. Why does the prince refuse to deliver the ransom note?
4. Why does Jemmy dismiss himself from the prince's service?
5. How does the prince feel about the boys' adventure in the forest?
6. What does the prince have to promise in order to keep Jemmy under his protection?
7. Why does Jemmy run to the sewers at the beginning of Chapter 19?
8. Why does Jemmy have to return to the castle?
9. Why is Jemmy sure the king will not pay the ransom?
10. Why does Jemmy ask the prince if he can fend for himself in Chapter 15?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)