|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows Jemmy running out of the hut in Chapter 13?
(a) Cutwater and the prince.
(b) Billy and the prince.
(c) No one.
(d) Billy and Cutwater.
2. What does Billy say he will shake out of the prince?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His tongue.
(c) His ears.
(d) His teeth.
3. What does the king give Betsy and the Hot-Potato Man?
(a) The reward.
(b) A medal.
(d) A whipping.
4. What animal does Jemmy see when he is running through the forest?
(a) A fox.
(b) A bear.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A snake.
5. To what type of animal hide does Cutwater compare the whipping victims?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A cat.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is driving the coach the boys see in Chapter 15?
2. What is the name of the young girl in the forest?
3. What name do the boys hear being called in Chapter 14?
4. What comes after the outlaws in Chapter 17?
5. Of what are the doors of the castle's throne room made?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jemmy sure the king will not pay the ransom?
2. Why is Jemmy relieved to finally reach the city streets in Chapter 18?
3. Why does Jemmy ask the prince if he can fend for himself in Chapter 15?
4. What does the prince do when he meets Smudge in the city?
5. Why does Jemmy start collecting driftwood?
6. Why do the boys want to stay out of the left side of the sewers?
7. What does the prince have to promise in order to keep Jemmy under his protection?
8. Why does Jemmy run out of the outlaws' hut?
9. Why does Jemmy hide in the pile of potatoes?
10. Why does Prince Brat not yell and holler when he is getting whipped?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)