|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prince pull out of the mud in Chapter 15?
(b) A chair leg.
(c) A raft.
(d) A boat.
2. Why does the prince say he is following Jemmy in Chapter 19?
(a) He wants to feed him.
(b) He wants to turn him in.
(c) He wants to whip him.
(d) He is his friend.
3. To what animal is Jemmy's running compared in Chapter 13?
(a) A fox.
(b) A horse.
(c) A cougar.
(d) A rabbit.
4. Why is Jemmy collecting driftwood?
(a) To build a raft.
(b) To sell as lumber.
(c) To build a hut.
(d) To sell as firewood.
5. What does the king give Betsy and the Hot-Potato Man?
(b) A medal.
(c) The reward.
(d) A whipping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Jemmy and the prince following in Chapter 15?
2. What does Billy say he will shake out of the prince?
3. Who tries to keep from drowning in Chapter 17?
4. Who is driving the coach the boys see in Chapter 15?
5. Betsy says Petunia is gentle as a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jemmy ask the prince if he can fend for himself in Chapter 15?
2. Why does Jemmy have to return to the castle?
3. Who do Jemmy and the prince meet in the forest after they get away from Cutwater in Chapter 14?
4. Why do the outlaws whip Prince Brat?
5. Why is Jemmy relieved to finally reach the city streets in Chapter 18?
6. What does the prince have to promise in order to keep Jemmy under his protection?
7. Why is Jemmy sure the king will not pay the ransom?
8. How does the prince feel about the boys' adventure in the forest?
9. Why does Jemmy run to the sewers at the beginning of Chapter 19?
10. Why does Jemmy start collecting driftwood?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)