|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows the boys into the sewers?
(a) The king's soldiers.
(b) The outlaws.
(d) Hot-Potato Man.
2. Who is driving the coach the boys see in Chapter 15?
(a) The dancing bear.
(c) The Hot-Potato Man.
(d) The outlaws.
3. What title does Petunia receive from the king?
(a) Official Scaring Bear.
(b) Official Dancing Bear.
(c) Official Singing Bear.
(d) Official Safety Bear.
4. What is the young woman in the forest carrying in Chapter 14?
(a) Rope and honey.
(b) Rope and fish.
(c) Honey and bees.
(d) Honey and fish.
5. What type of streets does the city have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jemmy refer to the ransom in Chapter 12?
2. What are Jemmy and the prince following in Chapter 15?
3. What is the most valuable thing that Jemmy finds in Chapter 15?
4. What animal does Cutwater move like in Chapter 17?
5. What does the prince tell Hot-Potato Man to do with Jemmy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jemmy dismiss himself from the prince's service?
2. Why is Jemmy sure the king will not pay the ransom?
3. Why does the prince refuse to deliver the ransom note?
4. What does the prince do when he meets Smudge in the city?
5. What does the prince have to promise in order to keep Jemmy under his protection?
6. Why does Jemmy ask the prince if he can fend for himself in Chapter 15?
7. Why does Jemmy hide in the pile of potatoes?
8. Why does Prince Brat not yell and holler when he is getting whipped?
9. Why do the outlaws think the prince is refusing to deliver the ransom note?
10. How does the prince feel about the boys' adventure in the forest?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)