|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the fairgrounds located?
2. What animal does Cutwater move like in Chapter 17?
(a) A fox.
(b) A bear.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A greyhound.
3. What is the name of the young girl in the forest?
4. What does the prince swear to do in Chapter 20?
(b) His lessons.
(c) Whip Jemmy.
5. What does Billy put in the linen sack?
(a) The crest and the crown.
(b) The note and the crest.
(c) The note and food.
(d) The crown and note.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jemmy say the prince has for brains?
2. To what type of animal hide does Cutwater compare the whipping victims?
3. Who tries to keep from drowning in Chapter 17?
4. What name do the boys hear being called in Chapter 14?
5. What does Jemmy say the Prince should have done in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Prince Brat not yell and holler when he is getting whipped?
2. Why does Jemmy dismiss himself from the prince's service?
3. How does the prince feel about the boys' adventure in the forest?
4. Why is Jemmy relieved to finally reach the city streets in Chapter 18?
5. Why do the outlaws whip Prince Brat?
6. Why does Jemmy have to return to the castle?
7. What does the prince have to promise in order to keep Jemmy under his protection?
8. What changes do the outlaws make in their ransom note delivery plan in Chapter 12?
9. What does the prince do when he meets Smudge in the city?
10. Why does Jemmy hide in the pile of potatoes?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)