|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jemmy hide from the outlaw in?
(a) A cave.
(b) A river.
(c) A hollow tree.
(d) A hole.
2. Who does the prince say he wants to be like in Chapter 19?
(a) The king.
(d) Hot-Potato Man.
3. What comes after the outlaws in Chapter 17?
(a) A lion.
(c) The bear.
(d) A tiger.
4. In what does Jemmy hide in Chapter 16?
(a) A hollow tree.
(b) A pile of potatoes.
(c) The river.
(d) The sewer.
5. What does the prince swear to do in Chapter 20?
(b) His lessons.
(d) Whip Jemmy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy put in the linen sack?
2. Who follows the boys into the sewers?
3. What does the prince promise Jemmy at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What does the prince pull out of the mud in Chapter 15?
5. What does Jemmy think is his vehicle for escape in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the outlaws think the prince is refusing to deliver the ransom note?
2. Why does Jemmy run to the sewers at the beginning of Chapter 19?
3. Why is Jemmy sure the king will not pay the ransom?
4. What does the prince do when he meets Smudge in the city?
5. How does the prince feel about the boys' adventure in the forest?
6. Why does Jemmy start collecting driftwood?
7. Why does Jemmy ask the prince if he can fend for himself in Chapter 15?
8. Why does Jemmy hide in the pile of potatoes?
9. Who do Jemmy and the prince meet in the forest after they get away from Cutwater in Chapter 14?
10. Why does Prince Brat not yell and holler when he is getting whipped?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)