|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king give Betsy and the Hot-Potato Man?
(b) A whipping.
(c) A medal.
(d) The reward.
2. Why is Jemmy collecting driftwood?
(a) To sell as firewood.
(b) To sell as lumber.
(c) To build a raft.
(d) To build a hut.
3. By what part of the body do the outlaws hold onto the boys in Chapter 16?
(a) By the ear.
(b) By the leg.
(c) By the arm.
(d) By the neck.
4. Jemmy says he knows more places to hide than what?
(a) A cat.
(b) A thief.
(c) A rat.
(d) A rabbit.
5. What is the name of the young girl in the forest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prince tell Hot-Potato Man to do with Jemmy?
2. What type of streets does the city have?
3. Who follows the boys into the sewers?
4. Where is the young girl in the forest going?
5. What does the prince promise Jemmy at the end of Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jemmy run to the sewers at the beginning of Chapter 19?
2. Why does Jemmy dismiss himself from the prince's service?
3. Why does Jemmy hide in the pile of potatoes?
4. Why do the outlaws think the prince is refusing to deliver the ransom note?
5. Why does Petunia attack the outlaws?
6. Why does Jemmy run out of the outlaws' hut?
7. Why does the prince refuse to deliver the ransom note?
8. Why does Jemmy start collecting driftwood?
9. Why do the boys want to stay out of the left side of the sewers?
10. Why is Jemmy sure the king will not pay the ransom?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)