|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the young girl in the forest going?
(a) To the outlaws' hut.
(b) To the fair.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the castle.
2. What is the prince scared of in the sewers?
(a) Getting lost.
(b) The water.
(c) The dark.
(d) Being with Jemmy.
3. What does the prince pull out of the mud in Chapter 15?
(b) A chair leg.
(c) A boat.
(d) A raft.
4. Who follows the boys into the sewers?
(a) Hot-Potato Man.
(b) The outlaws.
(d) The king's soldiers.
5. Where is the prince going at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) The outlaws' hut.
(b) The castle.
(c) The river.
(d) The forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Petunia receive from the king?
2. What does Billy say he will shake out of the prince?
3. What does Jemmy say the prince has for brains?
4. What does the king give Betsy and the Hot-Potato Man?
5. Jemmy tells the prince to say he went where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the prince feel about the boys' adventure in the forest?
2. Why do the outlaws whip Prince Brat?
3. Why does Prince Brat not yell and holler when he is getting whipped?
4. Why do the outlaws think the prince is refusing to deliver the ransom note?
5. Why does Jemmy dismiss himself from the prince's service?
6. Why does Jemmy run out of the outlaws' hut?
7. What does the prince do when he meets Smudge in the city?
8. Who do Jemmy and the prince meet in the forest after they get away from Cutwater in Chapter 14?
9. What does the prince have to promise in order to keep Jemmy under his protection?
10. Why does Jemmy ask the prince if he can fend for himself in Chapter 15?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)