|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most valuable thing that Jemmy finds in Chapter 15?
(a) The back of a chair.
(b) A birdcage.
(c) A chair leg.
2. What does the prince promise Jemmy at the end of Chapter 12?
3. What does Jemmy ask the girl in the forest?
(a) Which way the river is.
(b) Which way the fair is.
(c) Which way the outlaws' hut is.
(d) Which way the castle is.
4. Where is the young girl in the forest going?
(a) To the outlaws' hut.
(b) To the river.
(c) To the castle.
(d) To the fair.
5. Who does Billy hit with the whip?
(a) Hot-Potato Man.
(b) The prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what part of the body do the outlaws hold onto the boys in Chapter 16?
2. What does the prince pull out of the mud in Chapter 15?
3. Who does the prince say he wants to be like in Chapter 19?
4. What does the prince tell Hot-Potato Man to do with Jemmy?
5. Why do the outlaws think the prince refuses to take the note?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jemmy run to the sewers at the beginning of Chapter 19?
2. What does the prince do when he meets Smudge in the city?
3. Why does Jemmy start collecting driftwood?
4. Why do the boys want to stay out of the left side of the sewers?
5. Why is Jemmy sure the king will not pay the ransom?
6. Why do the outlaws whip Prince Brat?
7. Why does Prince Brat not yell and holler when he is getting whipped?
8. Why does Jemmy hide in the pile of potatoes?
9. Why do the outlaws think the prince is refusing to deliver the ransom note?
10. Why does Jemmy have to return to the castle?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)