|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Jemmy hide in Chapter 16?
(a) The river.
(b) The sewer.
(c) A hollow tree.
(d) A pile of potatoes.
2. To what animal is Jemmy's running compared in Chapter 13?
(a) A horse.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A fox.
(d) A rabbit.
3. What is the only safe place Jemmy knows?
(a) The forest.
(b) The river.
(c) The sewers.
(d) The castle.
4. Betsy says Petunia is gentle as a what?
5. Who follows the boys into the sewers?
(b) The king's soldiers.
(c) Hot-Potato Man.
(d) The outlaws.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of streets does the city have?
2. Who tries to keep from drowning in Chapter 17?
3. Who follows Jemmy running out of the hut in Chapter 13?
4. What does the prince tell Hot-Potato Man to do with Jemmy?
5. What does Billy say he will shake out of the prince?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jemmy hide in the pile of potatoes?
2. Why is Jemmy sure the king will not pay the ransom?
3. What does the prince do when he meets Smudge in the city?
4. What changes do the outlaws make in their ransom note delivery plan in Chapter 12?
5. Why does Jemmy start collecting driftwood?
6. What does the prince have to promise in order to keep Jemmy under his protection?
7. Why does Jemmy ask the prince if he can fend for himself in Chapter 15?
8. Why do the outlaws whip Prince Brat?
9. Why does Jemmy dismiss himself from the prince's service?
10. Why does Jemmy run to the sewers at the beginning of Chapter 19?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)