|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jemmy think is his vehicle for escape in Chapter 12?
(a) The garlic.
(b) The chest.
(c) The horse.
(d) The bed straw.
2. Where is the prince going at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) The river.
(b) The outlaws' hut.
(c) The forest.
(d) The castle.
3. Why is Jemmy collecting driftwood?
(a) To build a hut.
(b) To sell as firewood.
(c) To build a raft.
(d) To sell as lumber.
4. What does Jemmy hide from the outlaw in?
(a) A hole.
(b) A cave.
(c) A hollow tree.
(d) A river.
5. Where is the young girl in the forest going?
(a) To the river.
(b) To the fair.
(c) To the castle.
(d) To the outlaws' hut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is above the left side of the sewer?
2. What animal does Jemmy see when he is running through the forest?
3. What does Jemmy flash at the prince in Chapter 11?
4. Where are the fairgrounds located?
5. What does Jemmy ask the girl in the forest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jemmy relieved to finally reach the city streets in Chapter 18?
2. Why does Petunia attack the outlaws?
3. How does the prince feel about the boys' adventure in the forest?
4. Why does Jemmy start collecting driftwood?
5. What does the prince do when he meets Smudge in the city?
6. Why is Jemmy sure the king will not pay the ransom?
7. What does the prince have to promise in order to keep Jemmy under his protection?
8. Why does Jemmy have to return to the castle?
9. Who do Jemmy and the prince meet in the forest after they get away from Cutwater in Chapter 14?
10. Why does Jemmy run to the sewers at the beginning of Chapter 19?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)