|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Jemmy see when he is running through the forest?
(a) A bear.
(b) A fox.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A snake.
2. What does Jemmy think is his vehicle for escape in Chapter 12?
(a) The chest.
(b) The bed straw.
(c) The garlic.
(d) The horse.
3. What are Jemmy and the prince following in Chapter 15?
(a) The outlaws.
(b) The river.
(c) The bear.
(d) The young girl.
4. What does the prince pull out of the mud in Chapter 15?
(a) A chair leg.
(b) A raft.
(c) A boat.
5. What does the prince tell Hot-Potato Man to do with Jemmy?
(a) Turn him in.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Feed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes the horse towards the castle?
2. Betsy says Petunia is gentle as a what?
3. Why is Jemmy collecting driftwood?
4. What comes after the outlaws in Chapter 17?
5. What title does Petunia receive from the king?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jemmy hide in the pile of potatoes?
2. Why is Jemmy relieved to finally reach the city streets in Chapter 18?
3. Why does Jemmy have to return to the castle?
4. Why does Jemmy run to the sewers at the beginning of Chapter 19?
5. Why do the outlaws whip Prince Brat?
6. Why does Jemmy ask the prince if he can fend for himself in Chapter 15?
7. What changes do the outlaws make in their ransom note delivery plan in Chapter 12?
8. Why does Prince Brat not yell and holler when he is getting whipped?
9. Why does Jemmy run out of the outlaws' hut?
10. Who do Jemmy and the prince meet in the forest after they get away from Cutwater in Chapter 14?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)