|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only safe place Jemmy knows?
(a) The castle.
(b) The sewers.
(c) The forest.
(d) The river.
2. Who follows Jemmy running out of the hut in Chapter 13?
(a) Cutwater and the prince.
(b) Billy and the prince.
(c) No one.
(d) Billy and Cutwater.
3. What does Jemmy put on his head in Chapter 16?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A potato.
(c) A kettle.
(d) A sack.
4. Where is the young girl in the forest going?
(a) To the fair.
(b) To the outlaws' hut.
(c) To the castle.
(d) To the river.
5. Why is Jemmy collecting driftwood?
(a) To build a hut.
(b) To sell as lumber.
(c) To build a raft.
(d) To sell as firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tears at the boys' clothes in Chapter 14?
2. What does the prince swear to do in Chapter 20?
3. What is the young woman in the forest carrying in Chapter 14?
4. Where is the prince going at the beginning of Chapter 20?
5. To what animal is Jemmy's running compared in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jemmy run to the sewers at the beginning of Chapter 19?
2. Who do Jemmy and the prince meet in the forest after they get away from Cutwater in Chapter 14?
3. Why does Jemmy ask the prince if he can fend for himself in Chapter 15?
4. Why does the prince refuse to deliver the ransom note?
5. Why is Jemmy relieved to finally reach the city streets in Chapter 18?
6. Why is Jemmy sure the king will not pay the ransom?
7. What changes do the outlaws make in their ransom note delivery plan in Chapter 12?
8. What does the prince do when he meets Smudge in the city?
9. Why does Jemmy dismiss himself from the prince's service?
10. Why does Petunia attack the outlaws?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)