|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the cutthroats think Jemmy is?
(a) The prince.
(b) The potato man.
(c) The whipping boy.
(d) The tutor.
2. Jemmy remembers Billy as what?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A king.
(d) A rat catcher.
3. What does Cutwater find in a stolen coat pocket?
(a) A scrap of paper.
4. Jemmy has to read the note to the outlaws in what manner?
(a) Upside down.
5. How does the prince react to Jemmy's actions in Chapter 8?
(a) He yells.
(b) His mouth falls open.
(c) He smiles.
(d) He agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jemmy look for in his breakfast?
2. What is laying hands on a price worse than?
3. What does the prince have in the basket?
4. How many whacks does the prince ask for in Chapter 2?
5. What does the prince put on the knights' saddles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jemmy sure the king will not pay the ransom?
2. How does the prince react to the breakfast the outlaws offer him?
3. Why does the prince choose Jemmy to join him?
4. Why is Jemmy excited to receive a whipping at lessons the first day following the king's feast?
5. What does the prince do when he meets Smudge in the city?
6. Why does Billy hesitate in sending the prince (who he thinks is the whipping boy) to deliver the ransom note?
7. Why does Jemmy have to return to the castle?
8. What do the cutthroats want from the prince and Jemmy?
9. Why is the prince known as Prince Brat?
10. Why does Jemmy dismiss himself from the prince's service?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)