|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jemmy has to read the note to the outlaws in what manner?
(d) Upside down.
2. How does the prince react to Jemmy's actions in Chapter 8?
(a) He yells.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He smiles.
(d) His mouth falls open.
3. To what animal does Jemmy compare Billy?
(a) An ox.
(b) A horse.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
4. How does Jemmy respond to the questioning of the note?
(a) He threatens the questioner.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is nervous.
5. With what does Jemmy think the Prince will have him charged?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prince tie to the chairs at the feast?
2. What does the prince put in the moat?
3. What do the outlaws give the boys for breakfast?
4. What is Jemmy's father's occupation?
5. What can the cutthroats not do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Billy hesitate in sending the prince (who he thinks is the whipping boy) to deliver the ransom note?
2. Why does the prince appear in Jemmy's room in Chapter 3?
3. Why does the prince choose Jemmy to join him?
4. Who pulls the prince from the horse and then grabs Jemmy in Chapter 5?
5. Who is the whipping boy?
6. When can Jemmy always count on a whipping?
7. How do the outlaws decide to prove the ransom note is real?
8. Why does the prince refuse to do his lessons?
9. What is the prince carrying in the basket?
10. What happens over the year at the prince's lessons?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)