|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy say Cutwater can slip in and out of?
(a) A water pipe.
(b) A keyhole.
(c) A wormhole.
(d) A fence.
2. What does Jemmy say the devil has on his shoes?
3. Who hits the whipping boy in Chapter 2?
(a) The nurse.
(b) The king.
(c) The prince.
(d) Master Peckwith.
4. Of what is Cutwater's chest made?
(a) Black oak.
(b) White oak.
(c) Black maple.
(d) Red oak.
5. What does the prince refuse to do?
(a) Eat the pheasant.
(b) Deliver the note.
(c) Talk to the outlaws.
(d) Wear the crown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jemmy want to trick the cutthroats into doing?
2. Who do the outlaws decide to send with the note?
3. How many whacks does the king command in Chapter 1?
4. What is the prince's name?
5. How does Jemmy sign the ransom note?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the outlaws think that Jemmy is really the prince?
2. How do the outlaws decide to prove the ransom note is real?
3. Why are the outlaws excited to find the prince's crown?
4. What is the prince carrying in the basket?
5. How do the outlaws decide who will write the ransom note?
6. Why does Billy hesitate in sending the prince (who he thinks is the whipping boy) to deliver the ransom note?
7. What is Cutwater's concern about the ransom note in Chapter 9?
8. What happens over the year at the prince's lessons?
9. How does the prince react to the breakfast the outlaws offer him?
10. Why does the prince refuse to do his lessons?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)