|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is the night moon and how it lights the way compared to in Chapter 4?
(a) A night light.
(b) A lantern.
(c) A candle.
(d) A lamp.
2. What does Billy say gets lost in the forest?
3. Where do the cutthroats have reserved seats?
(a) In hell.
(b) In the boat.
(c) In heaven.
(d) In the castle.
4. The cutthroats are surprised that Jemmy knows what?
(a) His letters.
(b) How to cook.
(c) How to ride a horse.
(d) How to catch rats.
5. What is hanging from the rafters at the cutthroats' living quarters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys take from the castle stable?
2. What animal does Jemmy compare himself to in Chapter 2?
3. Who hits the whipping boy in Chapter 2?
4. To what does Cutwater compare the king's soldiers?
5. Who is Jemmy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jemmy run to the sewers at the beginning of Chapter 19?
2. Why does Jemmy not want the prince to reveal his identity?
3. What does the price command Jemmy to do when they are lost?
4. Why is the prince angry with Jemmy in Chapter 7?
5. Why is Jemmy sure the king will not pay the ransom?
6. What is Jemmy dreaming about in Chapter 1?
7. What does Jemmy tell the outlaws he is writing in the ransom note?
8. Why does Jemmy run out of the outlaws' hut?
9. Why is Jemmy relieved to finally reach the city streets in Chapter 18?
10. Why does Prince Brat not yell and holler when he is getting whipped?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)