|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing the cutthroats lift out of the basket?
(a) The prince's cloak.
(b) The prince's crown.
(c) The prince's money.
(d) The prince's crest.
2. Where do the cutthroats have reserved seats?
(a) In heaven.
(b) In the boat.
(c) In hell.
(d) In the castle.
3. What is laying hands on a price worse than?
4. What does the prince refuse to do?
(a) Deliver the note.
(b) Talk to the outlaws.
(c) Eat the pheasant.
(d) Wear the crown.
5. Jemmy remembers Billy as what?
(a) A murderer.
(b) A rat catcher.
(c) A king.
(d) A policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is moldy in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Jemmy not cry?
3. What does Billy think will happen if Prince Brat takes the ransom note to the castle?
4. What fights with rats in Jemmy's town?
5. Of what is the prince afraid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the king's crest on the horse's saddle cause the outlaws to think?
2. What does the price command Jemmy to do when they are lost?
3. Why does Jemmy not want the prince to reveal his identity?
4. What does Cutwater have in his chest?
5. Why does the prince appear in Jemmy's room in Chapter 3?
6. Who is the whipping boy?
7. What does Jemmy think about when he gets off the horse in the fog?
8. Why does Billy hesitate in sending the prince (who he thinks is the whipping boy) to deliver the ransom note?
9. What is Cutwater's concern about the ransom note in Chapter 9?
10. How do the outlaws decide to prove the ransom note is real?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)