|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows Jemmy running out of the hut in Chapter 13?
(a) Billy and Cutwater.
(b) Cutwater and the prince.
(c) No one.
(d) Billy and the prince.
2. What color is the prince's face when Jemmy meets him after running through the forest?
3. What is the only safe place Jemmy knows?
(a) The sewers.
(b) The castle.
(c) The river.
(d) The forest.
4. What does the king give Betsy and the Hot-Potato Man?
(a) The reward.
(b) A medal.
(d) A whipping.
5. Why is Jemmy collecting driftwood?
(a) To sell as firewood.
(b) To sell as lumber.
(c) To build a raft.
(d) To build a hut.
6. Where are the fairgrounds located?
7. What does Billy put in the linen sack?
(a) The crest and the crown.
(b) The crown and note.
(c) The note and the crest.
(d) The note and food.
8. What does the prince promise Jemmy at the end of Chapter 12?
9. What does Jemmy put on his head in Chapter 16?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A sack.
(c) A potato.
(d) A kettle.
10. Who tries to keep from drowning in Chapter 17?
(a) Prince Brat.
11. By what part of the body do the outlaws hold onto the boys in Chapter 16?
(a) By the ear.
(b) By the neck.
(c) By the leg.
(d) By the arm.
12. What does Jemmy ask the girl in the forest?
(a) Which way the river is.
(b) Which way the castle is.
(c) Which way the outlaws' hut is.
(d) Which way the fair is.
13. Who is driving the coach the boys see in Chapter 15?
(a) The Hot-Potato Man.
(b) The dancing bear.
(c) The outlaws.
14. What animal does Cutwater move like in Chapter 17?
(a) A greyhound.
(b) A bear.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A fox.
15. What does the prince swear to do in Chapter 20?
(a) His lessons.
(d) Whip Jemmy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jemmy say the prince has for brains?
2. Why does the prince say he is following Jemmy in Chapter 19?
3. Who takes the horse towards the castle?
4. What is the prince scared of in the sewers?
5. Jemmy says he knows more places to hide than what?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)