|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Jemmy and the prince following in Chapter 15?
(a) The river.
(b) The bear.
(c) The outlaws.
(d) The young girl.
2. What does the Hot-Potato Man offer the boys in Chapter 18?
(b) A birdcage.
3. What is the prince scared of in the sewers?
(a) The dark.
(b) Getting lost.
(c) The water.
(d) Being with Jemmy.
4. What is the young woman in the forest carrying in Chapter 14?
(a) Honey and fish.
(b) Rope and honey.
(c) Honey and bees.
(d) Rope and fish.
5. What is the most valuable thing that Jemmy finds in Chapter 15?
(a) A birdcage.
(b) The back of a chair.
(c) A chair leg.
6. What does Jemmy think is his vehicle for escape in Chapter 12?
(a) The horse.
(b) The bed straw.
(c) The garlic.
(d) The chest.
7. What is the name of the young girl in the forest?
8. Who does Jemmy meet in the city?
(a) Master Peckwith.
(b) The king.
(d) His father.
9. Who follows Jemmy running out of the hut in Chapter 13?
(a) Billy and the prince.
(b) No one.
(c) Cutwater and the prince.
(d) Billy and Cutwater.
10. What does the prince call the outlaws?
(a) Common thieves.
(b) Common worms.
(c) Common royalty.
(d) Common rascals.
11. Who is driving the coach the boys see in Chapter 15?
(a) The outlaws.
(b) The Hot-Potato Man.
(c) The dancing bear.
12. What animal does Jemmy see when he is running through the forest?
(a) A fox.
(b) A snake.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A bear.
13. What is Jemmy harder to catch than?
(a) A bird.
(b) A flea.
(c) A tick.
(d) A fly.
14. What is above the left side of the sewer?
(a) The river.
(b) The brewery.
(c) The castle.
(d) The fair.
15. What type of streets does the city have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the outlaws think the prince refuses to take the note?
2. Who follows the boys into the sewers?
3. What does the prince promise Jemmy at the end of Chapter 12?
4. What does the king give Betsy and the Hot-Potato Man?
5. What does the prince tell Hot-Potato Man to do with Jemmy?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)