|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the king give Betsy and the Hot-Potato Man?
(a) A medal.
(b) The reward.
(c) A whipping.
2. What is the most valuable thing that Jemmy finds in Chapter 15?
(a) The back of a chair.
(c) A birdcage.
(d) A chair leg.
3. What does Betsy think the Hot-Potato Man's horses need?
4. What does the prince call the outlaws?
(a) Common thieves.
(b) Common worms.
(c) Common rascals.
(d) Common royalty.
5. What does Jemmy flash at the prince in Chapter 11?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His tongue.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His eyes.
6. Who does the prince say he wants to be like in Chapter 19?
(c) The king.
(d) Hot-Potato Man.
7. Jemmy is described as a what of the streets in Chapter 13?
8. Where is the prince going at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) The forest.
(b) The river.
(c) The castle.
(d) The outlaws' hut.
9. What comes after the outlaws in Chapter 17?
(a) A lion.
(b) The bear.
(d) A tiger.
10. To what type of animal hide does Cutwater compare the whipping victims?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A bear.
(c) A cat.
(d) An elephant.
11. What is the only safe place Jemmy knows?
(a) The river.
(b) The forest.
(c) The castle.
(d) The sewers.
12. What does the Hot-Potato Man offer the boys in Chapter 18?
(b) A birdcage.
13. Jemmy describes picking up trash to the prince as what?
(a) Treasure hunting.
(b) Finding ransom.
14. What does Billy put in the linen sack?
(a) The crown and note.
(b) The crest and the crown.
(c) The note and the crest.
(d) The note and food.
15. By what part of the body do the outlaws hold onto the boys in Chapter 16?
(a) By the arm.
(b) By the neck.
(c) By the leg.
(d) By the ear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the prince never been allowed to do?
2. What is above the left side of the sewer?
3. In what does Jemmy hide in Chapter 16?
4. Why do the outlaws think the prince refuses to take the note?
5. Who is driving the coach the boys see in Chapter 15?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)