|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who follows Jemmy running out of the hut in Chapter 13?
(a) Cutwater and the prince.
(b) No one.
(c) Billy and the prince.
(d) Billy and Cutwater.
2. What does the Hot-Potato Man offer the boys in Chapter 18?
(d) A birdcage.
3. What color is the prince's face when Jemmy meets him after running through the forest?
4. What does Betsy think the Hot-Potato Man's horses need?
5. What has the prince never been allowed to do?
(a) Carry anything.
(b) Watch anything.
(c) Learn anything.
(d) Eat anything.
6. Jemmy says he knows more places to hide than what?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A cat.
(c) A rat.
(d) A thief.
7. In what does Jemmy hide in Chapter 16?
(a) The river.
(b) A pile of potatoes.
(c) A hollow tree.
(d) The sewer.
8. What type of streets does the city have?
9. Jemmy tells the prince to say he went where?
(a) The outlaws' hut.
(b) The river.
(c) The castle.
(d) The fair.
10. Why does the prince say he is following Jemmy in Chapter 19?
(a) He wants to feed him.
(b) He wants to whip him.
(c) He is his friend.
(d) He wants to turn him in.
11. How does Jemmy refer to the ransom in Chapter 12?
12. What does Jemmy say the Prince should have done in Chapter 17?
(b) Run away.
(c) Stayed quiet.
13. Where is the prince going at the beginning of Chapter 20?
(a) The river.
(b) The castle.
(c) The outlaws' hut.
(d) The forest.
14. What does the king give Betsy and the Hot-Potato Man?
(a) A medal.
(b) The reward.
(c) A whipping.
15. What does Billy put in the linen sack?
(a) The note and food.
(b) The crest and the crown.
(c) The note and the crest.
(d) The crown and note.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows the boys into the sewers?
2. What is Jemmy harder to catch than?
3. What does the prince pull out of the mud in Chapter 15?
4. What title does Petunia receive from the king?
5. What does Jemmy think is his vehicle for escape in Chapter 12?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)