|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Betsy think the Hot-Potato Man's horses need?
2. What does Billy put in the linen sack?
(a) The crest and the crown.
(b) The crown and note.
(c) The note and the crest.
(d) The note and food.
3. Who is driving the coach the boys see in Chapter 15?
(b) The outlaws.
(c) The Hot-Potato Man.
(d) The dancing bear.
4. Where are the fairgrounds located?
5. What is Jemmy harder to catch than?
(a) A fly.
(b) A flea.
(c) A bird.
(d) A tick.
6. Who does Billy hit with the whip?
(b) The prince.
(d) Hot-Potato Man.
7. What name do the boys hear being called in Chapter 14?
8. What comes after the outlaws in Chapter 17?
(a) A lion.
(c) The bear.
(d) A tiger.
9. Who does Jemmy meet in the city?
(b) His father.
(c) The king.
(d) Master Peckwith.
10. Why does the prince say he is following Jemmy in Chapter 19?
(a) He wants to turn him in.
(b) He wants to feed him.
(c) He wants to whip him.
(d) He is his friend.
11. Who does the prince say he wants to be like in Chapter 19?
(c) Hot-Potato Man.
(d) The king.
12. What does Cutwater say he will do to the boys in Chapter 12?
(a) Play with them.
(b) Let them go.
(c) Tie them up.
(d) Feed them.
13. Jemmy describes picking up trash to the prince as what?
(c) Treasure hunting.
(d) Finding ransom.
14. What does the Hot-Potato Man offer the boys in Chapter 18?
(b) A birdcage.
15. What animal does Jemmy see when he is running through the forest?
(a) A snake.
(b) A fox.
(c) A bear.
(d) A rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to keep from drowning in Chapter 17?
2. What does Jemmy hide from the outlaw in?
3. What is the only safe place Jemmy knows?
4. What are Jemmy and the prince following in Chapter 15?
5. What does Jemmy put on his head in Chapter 16?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)