|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what are the doors of the castle's throne room made?
2. What animal does Jemmy see when he is running through the forest?
(a) A bear.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A fox.
(d) A snake.
3. What does Jemmy put on his head in Chapter 16?
(a) A kettle.
(b) A potato.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A sack.
4. What is the prince scared of in the sewers?
(a) The dark.
(b) Being with Jemmy.
(c) Getting lost.
(d) The water.
5. Why is Jemmy collecting driftwood?
(a) To build a raft.
(b) To sell as firewood.
(c) To sell as lumber.
(d) To build a hut.
6. What does Cutwater say he will do to the boys in Chapter 12?
(a) Feed them.
(b) Tie them up.
(c) Play with them.
(d) Let them go.
7. What is above the left side of the sewer?
(a) The brewery.
(b) The river.
(c) The castle.
(d) The fair.
8. What name do the boys hear being called in Chapter 14?
9. What is the name of the young girl in the forest?
10. Who does the prince say he wants to be like in Chapter 19?
(a) Hot-Potato Man.
(b) The king.
11. Who does Billy hit with the whip?
(a) The prince.
(b) Hot-Potato Man.
12. What does the prince swear to do in Chapter 20?
(b) His lessons.
(c) Whip Jemmy.
13. To what animal is Jemmy's running compared in Chapter 13?
(a) A fox.
(b) A cougar.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A horse.
14. Betsy says Petunia is gentle as a what?
15. What is the young woman in the forest carrying in Chapter 14?
(a) Honey and bees.
(b) Honey and fish.
(c) Rope and fish.
(d) Rope and honey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prince pull out of the mud in Chapter 15?
2. Who does Jemmy meet in the city?
3. What comes after the outlaws in Chapter 17?
4. Where are the fairgrounds located?
5. What does Jemmy flash at the prince in Chapter 11?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)