|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what punishment does the prince threaten the cutthroats?
2. What nickname does Billy have?
3. What is the last thing the cutthroats lift out of the basket?
(a) The prince's crest.
(b) The prince's crown.
(c) The prince's money.
(d) The prince's cloak.
4. Where do the cutthroats have reserved seats?
(a) In the boat.
(b) In hell.
(c) In heaven.
(d) In the castle.
5. What animal does Jemmy compare himself to in Chapter 2?
(a) A horse.
(b) A rat.
(c) A peacock.
(d) A cat.
6. What does the prince tie to the chairs at the feast?
7. To what vegetable does the tutor compare the prince?
8. What reward do the cutthroats want?
9. What does the prince put in the moat?
10. The cutthroats ask the prince to do something that he cannot. What is that something?
(c) Ride a horse.
11. What does Billy say gets lost in the forest?
12. What does the prince want Jemmy to do in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Lead the animal.
(b) Run away.
(c) Light a lantern.
(d) Fall off.
13. What type of breeches does Jemmy wear?
14. Who taught Jemmy his way through the sewers?
(a) His pa.
(b) The prince.
(c) His ma.
(d) The king.
15. In Chapter 10, how does Billy think people will identify him?
(a) By listening.
(b) By taste.
(c) By sight.
(d) By smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy think the king will find them?
2. What do Jemmy and his dad do for a living?
3. The prince would rather eat what than the food that is given to him in Chapter 6?
4. What does the prince put on the knights' saddles?
5. What kind of plate is in the basket?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)