|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what animal does Jemmy compare Billy?
(a) An ox.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bird.
2. How do the boys get lost?
(a) They forget to bring a map.
(b) They take a wrong turn.
(c) A storm comes.
(d) A fog sets in.
3. How does Jemmy sign the ransom note?
(a) Your lost son.
(b) Your obedient son.
(c) Your kind son.
(d) Your kidnapped son.
4. What kind of pies are in the basket?
5. What fights with rats in Jemmy's town?
6. What does the prince call the animal the boys are riding?
(a) A bad navigator.
(b) A backwards animal.
(c) A smart-headed beast.
(d) A dumb-headed beast.
7. Who do the outlaws decide to send with the note?
(a) Prince Brat.
8. What does the prince sit on in Chapter 8?
(a) Moldy cheese.
(b) Moldy bed straw.
(c) A large bed.
(d) Wet straw.
9. What does Billy think will happen if Prince Brat takes the ransom note to the castle?
(a) He will take his ransom money.
(b) He will not come back.
(c) He will hurt Billy.
(d) He will give away their location.
10. With what does Jemmy say he can patch a roof?
(a) Veal pie.
11. What does Billy use for ink?
(a) Beet root juice.
12. Where does Jemmy think about hiding in Chapter 4?
(a) The stable.
(b) The basket.
(c) The river.
(d) The sewers.
13. What does Cutwater find in a stolen coat pocket?
(d) A scrap of paper.
14. To what does Cutwater compare the king's soldiers?
(a) A trail of ants.
(b) A trail of rats.
(c) A school of fish.
(d) A pack of dogs.
15. What kind of tracks does the tutor compare the prince's knowledge to?
(a) Horse tracks.
(b) Mouse tracks.
(c) Dog tracks.
(d) Pig tracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, how does Billy think people will identify him?
2. Who receives punishment for the prince?
3. What is the prince fuming like in Chapter 10?
4. Of what is the prince afraid?
5. How many whipping boys have there already been beginning in Chapter 1?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)