|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cannot be done to the prince?
2. What does Jemmy call the prince at the end of Chapter 7?
(c) Servant boy.
(d) Whipping boy.
3. Cutwater says that he is the "grand" what?
4. How many whipping boys have there already been beginning in Chapter 1?
5. How many whacks does the king command in Chapter 1?
6. What is hanging from the rafters at the cutthroats' living quarters?
7. The cutthroats are surprised that Jemmy knows what?
(a) How to cook.
(b) How to catch rats.
(c) How to ride a horse.
(d) His letters.
8. Where do the cutthroats live?
(a) In a castle.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In the sewer.
(d) In a hut.
9. Who receives punishment for the prince?
(a) The prince.
(b) The nurse.
(c) The whipping boy.
(d) The tutor.
10. What is moldy in Chapter 6?
(a) The food.
(b) The roof.
(c) The floor.
(d) The river.
11. Who taught Jemmy his way through the sewers?
(a) His ma.
(b) His pa.
(c) The king.
(d) The prince.
12. What is Jemmy's father's occupation?
(a) A king.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A rat catcher.
(d) A potato man.
13. How does Jemmy respond to the questioning of the note?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He threatens the questioner.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is scared.
14. Where does Jemmy think about hiding in Chapter 4?
(a) The basket.
(b) The stable.
(c) The sewers.
(d) The river.
15. What does the prince think his breakfast is not fit for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy think will happen if Prince Brat takes the ransom note to the castle?
2. What is the last thing the cutthroats lift out of the basket?
3. What fights with rats in Jemmy's town?
4. To what is the night moon and how it lights the way compared to in Chapter 4?
5. What is the prince fuming like in Chapter 10?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)