|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prince ask Jemmy?
(a) Why he stays at the castle.
(b) Why he gets in trouble.
(c) Why he never washes.
(d) Why he never bawls.
2. What does Billy say Cutwater can slip in and out of?
(a) A fence.
(b) A keyhole.
(c) A water pipe.
(d) A wormhole.
3. Why doesn't the prince have any money?
(a) It was stolen.
(b) He does not like money.
(c) He is broke.
(d) He has no use for it.
4. To what does Cutwater compare the king's soldiers?
(a) A school of fish.
(b) A trail of rats.
(c) A pack of dogs.
(d) A trail of ants.
5. Who hits the whipping boy in Chapter 2?
(a) The king.
(b) The prince.
(c) Master Peckwith.
(d) The nurse.
6. What color are Billy's teeth?
7. What does Billy use for ink?
(b) Beet root juice.
8. What does the prince decide to do in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Learn his lessons.
(c) Run away.
(d) Whip Jemmy.
9. Who is Master Peckwith?
(a) The king.
(b) The whipping boy.
(c) The prince.
(d) The royal tutor.
10. What does the prince put on the knights' saddles?
11. With what does Jemmy say he can patch a roof?
(b) Veal pie.
12. Jemmy has to read the note to the outlaws in what manner?
(b) Upside down.
13. What does Jemmy say the outlaws should send with the ransom note?
(a) The crown.
(b) The food.
(c) The basket.
(d) The crest.
14. What does Jemmy add to the reward?
15. Where does Jemmy think about hiding in Chapter 4?
(a) The basket.
(b) The river.
(c) The sewers.
(d) The stable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jemmy not cry?
2. What kind of plate is in the basket?
3. How do the boys get lost?
4. What do Jemmy and his dad do for a living?
5. With what does Jemmy think the Prince will have him charged?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)