|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of pies are in the basket?
2. Why doesn't the prince have any money?
(a) He does not like money.
(b) He is broke.
(c) He has no use for it.
(d) It was stolen.
3. What nickname does Billy have?
4. How many friends does Jemmy say the prince has?
5. What does Jemmy contemplate doing in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Running away.
(b) Leading the horse.
(c) Hitting the prince.
(d) Going swimming.
6. What reasoning is behind the prince's decision in Chapter 3?
(a) He is hungry.
(b) He is lonely.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is scared.
7. What is Cutwater gnawing on in Chapter 8?
(a) Roasted ham.
(b) Roasted duck.
(c) Roasted turkey.
(d) Roasted pheasant.
8. What can the prince not do?
(a) Write his name.
(b) Play with friends.
(c) Ride a horse.
(d) Eat dinner.
9. What animal does Jemmy compare himself to in Chapter 2?
(a) A cat.
(b) A rat.
(c) A peacock.
(d) A horse.
10. To what is the night moon and how it lights the way compared to in Chapter 4?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A lantern.
(c) A night light.
(d) A candle.
11. What do the outlaws give the boys for breakfast?
(a) Veal pie and garlic.
(b) Garlic and bread.
(c) Herring and veal pie.
(d) Herring and bread.
12. What do the boys eat with their bread?
13. What does the prince sit on in Chapter 8?
(a) Moldy bed straw.
(b) Moldy cheese.
(c) A large bed.
(d) Wet straw.
14. Where do the boys have to sleep in Chapter 6?
(a) The horse.
(b) The floor.
(c) The carriage.
(d) The sewer.
15. Jemmy compares the outlaws to what animal in Chapter 10?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prince want Jemmy to do in the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. Who do the cutthroats think Jemmy is?
3. Where does Jemmy come from?
4. Jemmy says the prince has the "sense of a" what?
5. Who throws the prince into Jemmy?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)