|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy put on his head at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The garlic.
(b) The prince's crown.
(c) The prince's crest.
(d) The basket.
2. What does the prince call the animal the boys are riding?
(a) A bad navigator.
(b) A smart-headed beast.
(c) A dumb-headed beast.
(d) A backwards animal.
3. Who does Billy say will receive punishment?
(b) Prince Brat.
(d) The king.
4. How many whacks does the prince ask for in Chapter 2?
5. Where do the cutthroats have reserved seats?
(a) In heaven.
(b) In the boat.
(c) In hell.
(d) In the castle.
6. Who throws the prince into Jemmy?
(b) The tutor.
(d) The king.
7. What is hanging from the rafters at the cutthroats' living quarters?
8. What does the prince refuse to do?
(a) Eat the pheasant.
(b) Wear the crown.
(c) Talk to the outlaws.
(d) Deliver the note.
9. What does Jemmy want to trick the cutthroats into doing?
(a) Running away.
(b) Letting the prince go.
(c) Letting Jemmy go.
(d) Jumping in the river.
10. How does Billy think the king will find them?
(a) Sending dogs after them.
(b) Using a map.
(c) Following the trail.
(d) Cutting down trees.
11. How many friends does Jemmy say the prince has?
12. With what punishment does the prince threaten the cutthroats?
13. The cutthroats ask the prince to do something that he cannot. What is that something?
(d) Ride a horse.
14. What does the prince sit on in Chapter 8?
(a) Moldy bed straw.
(b) Wet straw.
(c) A large bed.
(d) Moldy cheese.
15. To what animal does Jemmy compare Billy?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bird.
(c) A horse.
(d) An ox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is the prince afraid?
2. What do Jemmy and his dad do for a living?
3. What type of breeches does Jemmy wear?
4. What color are Billy's teeth?
5. What does Billy say Cutwater can slip in and out of?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)