|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what kind of bird does Billy compare the boys?
(a) Blue jays.
2. What does Jemmy contemplate doing in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Running away.
(b) Hitting the prince.
(c) Leading the horse.
(d) Going swimming.
3. What does Billy eat to clear his head?
(c) Veal pie.
4. Where do the cutthroats live?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a castle.
(c) In the sewer.
(d) In a hut.
5. What does the prince tie to the chairs at the feast?
6. Where does Jemmy think about hiding in Chapter 4?
(a) The river.
(b) The basket.
(c) The sewers.
(d) The stable.
7. What is Cutwater gnawing on in Chapter 8?
(a) Roasted duck.
(b) Roasted ham.
(c) Roasted turkey.
(d) Roasted pheasant.
8. What does Billy think the boys might have in their pockets?
(b) A knife.
(d) A map.
9. What kind of plate is in the basket?
10. How do the boys get lost?
(a) A fog sets in.
(b) A storm comes.
(c) They take a wrong turn.
(d) They forget to bring a map.
11. What is the prince fuming like in Chapter 10?
(a) A fire.
(b) A heater.
(c) An oven.
(d) A stovepipe.
12. Who do the outlaws decide to send with the note?
(a) Prince Brat.
13. Who thinks Jemmy might have lied in the ransom note?
(a) Prince Brat.
(c) The king.
14. Where do the boys have to sleep in Chapter 6?
(a) The sewer.
(b) The carriage.
(c) The horse.
(d) The floor.
15. Who do the cutthroats think Jemmy is?
(a) The potato man.
(b) The prince.
(c) The whipping boy.
(d) The tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hits the whipping boy in Chapter 2?
2. What does the prince sit on in Chapter 8?
3. What do the boys eat with their bread?
4. In Chapter 10, how does Billy think people will identify him?
5. What kind of tarts are in the basket?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)