|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thinks Jemmy might have lied in the ransom note?
(b) Prince Brat.
(c) The king.
2. Who hits the whipping boy in Chapter 2?
(a) Master Peckwith.
(b) The nurse.
(c) The king.
(d) The prince.
3. The cutthroats ask the prince to do something that he cannot. What is that something?
(a) Ride a horse.
4. Jemmy has to read the note to the outlaws in what manner?
(d) Upside down.
5. The prince would rather eat what than the food that is given to him in Chapter 6?
6. How does Jemmy respond to the questioning of the note?
(a) He threatens the questioner.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is scared.
(d) He is nervous.
7. What does the prince think his breakfast is not fit for?
8. Why does Jemmy get whipped in the morning?
(a) The prince does not know his lessons.
(b) Jemmy dresses in rags.
(c) The prince asks Jemmy to get whipped.
(d) The tutor does not like Jemmy.
9. What do the outlaws give the boys for breakfast?
(a) Garlic and bread.
(b) Herring and bread.
(c) Veal pie and garlic.
(d) Herring and veal pie.
10. In Chapter 10, how does Billy think people will identify him?
(a) By smell.
(b) By listening.
(c) By sight.
(d) By taste.
11. What does Billy think will happen if Prince Brat takes the ransom note to the castle?
(a) He will not come back.
(b) He will take his ransom money.
(c) He will hurt Billy.
(d) He will give away their location.
12. How many whacks does the king command in Chapter 1?
13. What does the prince decide to do in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) Run away.
(b) Learn his lessons.
(c) Whip Jemmy.
14. Where do the cutthroats have reserved seats?
(a) In heaven.
(b) In the castle.
(c) In the boat.
(d) In hell.
15. What is laying hands on a price worse than?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prince sit on in Chapter 8?
2. Jemmy says the prince has the "sense of a" what?
3. What can the prince not do?
4. To what does Cutwater compare the king's soldiers?
5. What type of breeches does Jemmy wear?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)