|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last thing the cutthroats lift out of the basket?
(a) The prince's money.
(b) The prince's crown.
(c) The prince's crest.
(d) The prince's cloak.
2. How does the prince react to Jemmy's actions in Chapter 8?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He smiles.
(c) He yells.
(d) His mouth falls open.
3. To what animal does Jemmy compare Billy?
(a) An ox.
(b) A horse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bird.
4. What nickname does Billy have?
5. Jemmy has to read the note to the outlaws in what manner?
(d) Upside down.
6. What does the prince sit on in Chapter 8?
(a) Wet straw.
(b) A large bed.
(c) Moldy cheese.
(d) Moldy bed straw.
7. What does Billy use for ink?
(a) Beet root juice.
8. What does Billy say gets lost in the forest?
9. What kind of tarts are in the basket?
10. What do Jemmy and his dad do for a living?
(a) Teach dance.
(b) Cook potatoes.
(c) Sweep streets.
(d) Catch rats.
11. Where do the boys have to sleep in Chapter 6?
(a) The carriage.
(b) The sewer.
(c) The horse.
(d) The floor.
12. What does Jemmy look for in his breakfast?
13. Where do the cutthroats have reserved seats?
(a) In heaven.
(b) In the castle.
(c) In hell.
(d) In the boat.
14. What is the prince carrying in the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) A horse.
(b) A whip.
(c) A wicker basket.
(d) A book.
15. What does Billy eat to clear his head?
(a) Veal pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys eat with their bread?
2. What is moldy in Chapter 6?
3. To what kind of bird does Billy compare the boys?
4. How does Billy think the king will find them?
5. How many whacks does the prince ask for in Chapter 2?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)