|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prince put in the moat?
2. What does the whipping boy learn to do?
(a) Ride a horse.
(c) Speak another language.
(d) Play music.
3. What is laying hands on a price worse than?
4. What is the last thing the cutthroats lift out of the basket?
(a) The prince's cloak.
(b) The prince's crest.
(c) The prince's money.
(d) The prince's crown.
5. What does Billy put on his head at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) The prince's crown.
(b) The garlic.
(c) The basket.
(d) The prince's crest.
6. To what is the night moon and how it lights the way compared to in Chapter 4?
(a) A candle.
(b) A night light.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A lamp.
7. How many friends does Jemmy say the prince has?
8. What kind of tracks does the tutor compare the prince's knowledge to?
(a) Pig tracks.
(b) Mouse tracks.
(c) Horse tracks.
(d) Dog tracks.
9. What type of stockings does Jemmy wear?
10. Jemmy says the king favors a slow boiling in what?
11. How much does Billy think the prince weighs?
(a) 60 pounds.
(b) 55 pounds.
(c) 65 pounds.
(d) 45 pounds.
12. What do the outlaws give the boys for breakfast?
(a) Herring and bread.
(b) Herring and veal pie.
(c) Veal pie and garlic.
(d) Garlic and bread.
13. Of what is Cutwater's chest made?
(a) Black oak.
(b) Red oak.
(c) Black maple.
(d) White oak.
14. How thin is Cutwater described?
15. What can the cutthroats not do?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many whipping boys have there already been beginning in Chapter 1?
2. What does the prince sit on in Chapter 8?
3. Jemmy remembers Billy as what?
4. What does Jemmy look for in his breakfast?
5. What are "creepy things," according to Jemmy?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)