|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what is Cutwater's chest made?
(a) Black oak.
(b) Red oak.
(c) White oak.
(d) Black maple.
2. What does the prince ask Jemmy?
(a) Why he gets in trouble.
(b) Why he never washes.
(c) Why he never bawls.
(d) Why he stays at the castle.
3. The cutthroats ask the prince to do something that he cannot. What is that something?
(b) Ride a horse.
4. To what animal does Jemmy compare Billy?
(a) A horse.
(b) A bird.
(c) An ox.
(d) A dog.
5. What kind of tracks does the tutor compare the prince's knowledge to?
(a) Horse tracks.
(b) Pig tracks.
(c) Dog tracks.
(d) Mouse tracks.
6. What can the prince not do?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Ride a horse.
(c) Play with friends.
(d) Write his name.
7. What reward do the cutthroats want?
8. Where do the boys have to sleep in Chapter 6?
(a) The floor.
(b) The horse.
(c) The sewer.
(d) The carriage.
9. What are "creepy things," according to Jemmy?
10. What kind of plate is in the basket?
11. What does Billy eat to clear his head?
(d) Veal pie.
12. What does Jemmy look for in his breakfast?
13. What does the whipping boy learn to do?
(a) Speak another language.
(c) Play music.
(d) Ride a horse.
14. How many whipping boys have there already been beginning in Chapter 1?
15. What does Jemmy say the outlaws should send with the ransom note?
(a) The food.
(b) The crest.
(c) The crown.
(d) The basket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Billy say will receive punishment?
2. Who is Master Peckwith?
3. What does the prince put in the moat?
4. How does Billy think the king will find them?
5. Cutwater says that he is the "grand" what?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)