|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The terrorists that bombed Madrid wanted the people to vote for ___________ and not for Aznar because Aznar was for the Iraq war and wouldn't pull the troops out.
2. After death threats, Hirsi moved to the U.S. for a few years but returned to Europe to do what?
3. The Spaniards were convinced, especially by the attacks, that Aznar was to blame for the bombings because he had gotten too close to whom?
4. What was the major trend in Western Europe?
5. Germans, and most Europeans, do not realize that freedom and prosperity are ________ the default condition of the human species.
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Western European nations feel about helping the poor?
2. What happened to Van Gogh? How did others react to this?
3. Why might it be a problem if Europe wanted to switch to an American style economy?
4. What was the major trend in Europe?
5. What happened with the European Union tried to get its constitution out?
6. What does the author say about the German government? What is Baum's response to this?
7. Who fought the norm in Denmark? What were the results of their actions?
8. How are Muslims a problem in schools?
9. Why does the author believe the U.S. will support Western Europe in protecting its freedom?
10. How does the author end the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many cultural differences exist between the Americans and Europeans.
Part 1) Describe four of these differences. How are these differences seen in the cultures of these two areas of the Western world?
Part 2) How do these differences influence their behavior towards those of other cultures and religions? How does this influence their behavior towards each other?
Part 3) How is your culture important to you? How does it influence your beliefs and actions?
Essay Topic 2
Americans believe in liberty for all.
Part 1) How has the author come to this conclusion? How does this compare to the European opinion of liberty?
Part 2) How does this belief affect the opinions of others towards the U.S.? Explain.
Part 3) How is this belief seen in your own community? How does it influence your daily life?
Essay Topic 3
European countries are using Muslims to get rid of the Jews.
Part 1) Why does the author believe this? How are the Muslims getting rid of the Jews, according to the author?
Part 2) Why would the rest of Europe want this? How does this compare to American sentiments regarding other races?
Part 3) What does the author believe will be the end result of these actions? How does he support his beliefs? Do you agree? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)