|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Galtung has received numerous awards and honorary degrees and has held several jobs with international agencies. He is the one that introduced the idea that all international conflict can be settled through what?
2. Despite the fact that the German economy was growing, what was rising?
3. Hirsi gradually turned away from her Islamic views and was hired by the Labor Party for what?
4. Britain Home Secretary David Plunkett proposed a bill that would make it illegal to do what?
5. The German government works hard to make sure that its people never forget what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Multiculturalism has not been successful in Europe.
Part 1) How has Europe attempted multiculturalism? Why has it not been successful at all, according to the author? Could it be successful? Why or why not?
Part 2) Has multiculturalism been successful in the U.S.? Why or why not? What can Europe and the U.S. learn from each other regarding multiculturalism?
Part 3) What can you do in your own community to promote multiculturalism? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Paris is becoming more of a Muslim city every day.
Part 1) Why does the author say this? Is this a problem? Why or why not? How has this occurred?
Part 2) What does the author propose should be done? Is this being done? Why or why not?
Part 3) To what culture does this influx of Muslims compare in the U.S.? How does it compare?
Essay Topic 3
Johan Galtung is known as the "father of the international peace studies movement."
Part 1) Describe Galtung and his work. How is his work both beneficial and detrimental?
Part 2) What does the author think of him and his work? Why? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe peace is the only way the liberty America wishes upon everyone can be achieved? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,674 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)