|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Britain Home Secretary David Plunkett proposed a bill that would make it illegal to do what?
2. Germany began to prohibit what?
3. They worked hard to protect their country from the sea with what?
4. The Social Democrats had gained control of Denmark and Prime Minister _________________ promised he would change immigration policies and invest in a solid integration packet.
5. Many children endure what abuse in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Van Gogh? How did others react to this?
2. How do Western European nations feel about helping the poor?
3. Why does the author believe the U.S. will support Western Europe in protecting its freedom?
4. What proof does the author give that anti-Semitism in France is spreading like an epidemic?
5. What did Europe think of Arafat?
6. Describe Germany's economy.
7. Why might it be a problem if Europe wanted to switch to an American style economy?
8. What is one reason given by the author for why Europe is so anti America?
9. What does the author say about the German government? What is Baum's response to this?
10. How did Germany begin to deal with immigration?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Krekar was a Mullah and an Iraqi Kurd.
Part 1) Summarize his story. Why is he adored by some and hated by others? What is the cause for these contrasting opinions?
Part 2) What does this attitude towards the Mullah reveal and reinforce about the European people? How does it reinforce the differences between European and American culture?
Part 3) What are your feelings regarding Mullah Krekar? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
European countries are using Muslims to get rid of the Jews.
Part 1) Why does the author believe this? How are the Muslims getting rid of the Jews, according to the author?
Part 2) Why would the rest of Europe want this? How does this compare to American sentiments regarding other races?
Part 3) What does the author believe will be the end result of these actions? How does he support his beliefs? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
European social organizations are exploited.
Part 1) Describe these social organizations. How are they exploited? Why are they exploited?
Part 2) How does this exploitation affect Europe? What can be done about this? Has anything been done about this? If so, what? If not, why not?
Part 3) Are American social organizations exploited? If so, how? If not, why not?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)