|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hirsi want to do?
2. European authorities believe that when a Muslim attacks a Jewish person, it is because of what reason?
3. During the first uprising in 1983 between Israel and Palestine, the Jews were portrayed as _________________.
4. Britain Home Secretary David Plunkett proposed a bill that would make it illegal to do what?
5. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews and their belongings?
Essay Topic 1
Many cultural differences exist between the Americans and Europeans.
Part 1) Describe four of these differences. How are these differences seen in the cultures of these two areas of the Western world?
Part 2) How do these differences influence their behavior towards those of other cultures and religions? How does this influence their behavior towards each other?
Part 3) How is your culture important to you? How does it influence your beliefs and actions?
Essay Topic 2
A Jew is never seen as being European.
Part 1) How are they seen? Why are they seen in this way? How has this affected Jewish life in Europe?
Part 2) How did the results of World War II aid in tolerance of Jews? Why is this tolerance fading, according to the author?
Part 3) How successful is multiculturalism in Europe? Why? How does this compare to multiculturalism in the U.S.?
Essay Topic 3
The writer never felt more like an American until 9/11.
Part 1) Why did he feel this way? How did his view of the U.S. change from the time he moved to Europe until this day?
Part 2) How did the view of many Europeans regarding this tragedy compare to the author's? Why? What does this say about both the author and the Europeans?
Part 3) What other events might have changed the European perspective on 9/11? Why?
This section contains 1,681 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)