|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two journalists who fought against the norm, Helle Merete Brix and Lars Hedegaard, were condoned for the freedom they took to write about Islam by the Danish chapter of ________.
2. Even after September 11th, Europe continued to believe what?
3. Brix and Hedegaard wrote a book titled what?
4. She worked closely with _____________ who directed the film and Submission aired on Dutch TV.
5. For ______________ this country fought against intruders.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why might it be a problem if Europe wanted to switch to an American style economy?
2. What happened in Madrid? How did people react to this?
3. What proof does the author give that anti-Semitism in France is spreading like an epidemic?
4. What does the author say about the German government? What is Baum's response to this?
5. What happened with the European Union tried to get its constitution out?
6. What was the major trend in Europe?
7. What did Hirsi write? Describe this.
8. What happened in Denmark after the 9/11 attacks? How did the Prime Minister deal with this?
9. Who fought the norm in Denmark? What were the results of their actions?
10. What do many European authorities believe about Muslim attacks on Jews?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
European social organizations are exploited.
Part 1) Describe these social organizations. How are they exploited? Why are they exploited?
Part 2) How does this exploitation affect Europe? What can be done about this? Has anything been done about this? If so, what? If not, why not?
Part 3) Are American social organizations exploited? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Paris is becoming more of a Muslim city every day.
Part 1) Why does the author say this? Is this a problem? Why or why not? How has this occurred?
Part 2) What does the author propose should be done? Is this being done? Why or why not?
Part 3) To what culture does this influx of Muslims compare in the U.S.? How does it compare?
Essay Topic 3
European politicians are trusted.
Part 1) Why are they trusted? How does this compare to the U.S. view of politicians? Should politicians be trusted? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does this trust affect Europe? How does this also affect immigrants and integration?
Part 3) How different might Europe be if Europeans treated their politicians as Americans treat their own?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)