|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews and their belongings?
2. After World War II, how did Europeans feel over what happened to the Jews?
3. Did the people want to accept the terms of the constitution?
4. Why were the Social Democrats not protecting these people?
5. Why did he keep up with these issues?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Johan Galtung? What are Galtung's beliefs?
2. What was the establishment's response to the public's dislike of their constitution?
3. What was the major trend in Europe?
4. Who was Pim Fortuyn? What were his beliefs?
5. Why did Baum want to keep up with Dutch issues?
6. Who fought the norm in Denmark? What were the results of their actions?
7. How was the Dutch citizenry wiser than its government?
8. What happened in Denmark after the 9/11 attacks? How did the Prime Minister deal with this?
9. What is one reason given by the author for why Europe is so anti America?
10. What happened to Van Gogh? How did others react to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Multiculturalism has not been successful in Europe.
Part 1) How has Europe attempted multiculturalism? Why has it not been successful at all, according to the author? Could it be successful? Why or why not?
Part 2) Has multiculturalism been successful in the U.S.? Why or why not? What can Europe and the U.S. learn from each other regarding multiculturalism?
Part 3) What can you do in your own community to promote multiculturalism? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Krekar was a Mullah and an Iraqi Kurd.
Part 1) Summarize his story. Why is he adored by some and hated by others? What is the cause for these contrasting opinions?
Part 2) What does this attitude towards the Mullah reveal and reinforce about the European people? How does it reinforce the differences between European and American culture?
Part 3) What are your feelings regarding Mullah Krekar? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
European social organizations are exploited.
Part 1) Describe these social organizations. How are they exploited? Why are they exploited?
Part 2) How does this exploitation affect Europe? What can be done about this? Has anything been done about this? If so, what? If not, why not?
Part 3) Are American social organizations exploited? If so, how? If not, why not?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)