|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. She worked closely with _____________ who directed the film and Submission aired on Dutch TV.
2. For what did people blame the director?
3. For years Europeans thought that the attacks on the World Trade Center had nothing to do with them. What did the attack on Spain do?
4. The terrorists that bombed Madrid wanted the people to vote for ___________ and not for Aznar because Aznar was for the Iraq war and wouldn't pull the troops out.
5. Despite the fact that the German economy was growing, what was rising?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the major trend in Europe?
2. What happened with the European Union tried to get its constitution out?
3. Why did Baum want to keep up with Dutch issues?
4. What did Hirsi want to do for Muslims?
5. How was the Dutch citizenry wiser than its government?
6. Why did the terrorists attack Spain? How did this lead to Europe going back to its peaceful ways?
7. What happened to Van Gogh? How did others react to this?
8. Why does the author believe the U.S. will support Western Europe in protecting its freedom?
9. What is one reason given by the author for why Europe is so anti America?
10. What do many European authorities believe about Muslim attacks on Jews?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ann Lindh was a Swedish ministers for foreign affairs.
Part 1) For what was she the forerunner? What is beneficial about this? What is detrimental? Why?
Part 2) How does Lindh reflect the view of many Europeans? Why does the author see this as a problem?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on this topic? Is this an issue in the U.S.? Why or why not? What other religious and cultural issues exist in the U.S.?
Essay Topic 2
A class is inevitable between the radical Muslims and liberal Europeans.
Part 1) Describe the radical Muslims and liberal Europeans. Why does the narrator believe a clash is inevitable?
Part 2) Have clashes already occurred? If so, when and why? If not, why not? How has the U.S. clashed with radical Muslims? Why?
Part 3) What might this clash do to Europe? How will this clash affect Americans?
Essay Topic 3
Many cultural differences exist between the Americans and Europeans.
Part 1) Describe four of these differences. How are these differences seen in the cultures of these two areas of the Western world?
Part 2) How do these differences influence their behavior towards those of other cultures and religions? How does this influence their behavior towards each other?
Part 3) How is your culture important to you? How does it influence your beliefs and actions?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)