|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Europeans have developed a deep nostalgia for the "good old days of ________________."
2. Many children endure what abuse in school?
3. For ______________ this country fought against intruders.
4. European authorities believe that when a Muslim attacks a Jewish person, it is because of what reason?
5. Europeans remain convinced that the Jews are the __________ that needed to be stopped.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews?
2. How do Western European nations feel about helping the poor?
3. What did Denmark do for its Jews during World War II?
4. What happened with the European Union tried to get its constitution out?
5. What was the major trend in Europe?
6. What do many European authorities believe about Muslim attacks on Jews?
7. What does the author say about the German government? What is Baum's response to this?
8. Why did Baum want to keep up with Dutch issues?
9. What happened in Denmark after the 9/11 attacks? How did the Prime Minister deal with this?
10. What did Europe think of Arafat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A class is inevitable between the radical Muslims and liberal Europeans.
Part 1) Describe the radical Muslims and liberal Europeans. Why does the narrator believe a clash is inevitable?
Part 2) Have clashes already occurred? If so, when and why? If not, why not? How has the U.S. clashed with radical Muslims? Why?
Part 3) What might this clash do to Europe? How will this clash affect Americans?
Essay Topic 2
A Jew is never seen as being European.
Part 1) How are they seen? Why are they seen in this way? How has this affected Jewish life in Europe?
Part 2) How did the results of World War II aid in tolerance of Jews? Why is this tolerance fading, according to the author?
Part 3) How successful is multiculturalism in Europe? Why? How does this compare to multiculturalism in the U.S.?
Essay Topic 3
Europe is Anti-American.
Part 1) Why does the author say this? What proof does he give? Is this valid? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do Americans feel about Europeans? Is this negative feeling mutual? Why or why not?
Part 3) How will these negative feelings affect relations in the future? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)