Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hirsi want to do?
2. European authorities believe that when a Muslim attacks a Jewish person, it is because of what reason?
3. During the first uprising in 1983 between Israel and Palestine, the Jews were portrayed as _________________.
4. Britain Home Secretary David Plunkett proposed a bill that would make it illegal to do what?
5. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews and their belongings?
Separate but equal remains in many parts of Europe.
Part 1) What is meant by separate but equal? Why does this exist?
Part 2) How effective in this policy? Explain. How does this affect immigrants to Europe?
Part 3) How has the U.S. been affected by this policy? Does it still exist today? Why or why not?
Europe is Anti-American.
Part 1) Why does the author say this? What proof does he give? Is this valid? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do Americans feel about Europeans? Is this negative feeling mutual? Why or why not?
Part 3) How will these negative feelings affect relations in the future? Use the text to support your response.
On July 7, 2005, London was attacked.
Part 1) Describe this attack. Why might it have taken place? What is the reaction to this attack? How does this reaction compare to the reaction to the attack in Madrid?
Part 2) What does this attack reveal about Great Britain? What does it reveal about the rest of Europe?
Part 3) Do you believe attacks like this one will continue? Why or why not? If so, what can be done to stop them?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)