Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hirsi want to do?
2. European authorities believe that when a Muslim attacks a Jewish person, it is because of what reason?
3. During the first uprising in 1983 between Israel and Palestine, the Jews were portrayed as _________________.
4. Britain Home Secretary David Plunkett proposed a bill that would make it illegal to do what?
5. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews and their belongings?
Essay Topic 1
Madrid is attacked on March 11, 2004.
Part 1) Describe this attack. What is the initial reaction of Europeans? Why do they react this way? Does this reaction last? Why or why not?
Part 2) What do you believe might have been the cause of these attacks? Why? Are these attacks successful at accomplishing a goal? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this attack compare to 9/11 and other attacks on U.S. embassies?
Essay Topic 2
Johan Galtung is known as the "father of the international peace studies movement."
Part 1) Describe Galtung and his work. How is his work both beneficial and detrimental?
Part 2) What does the author think of him and his work? Why? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe peace is the only way the liberty America wishes upon everyone can be achieved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
On July 7, 2005, London was attacked.
Part 1) Describe this attack. Why might it have taken place? What is the reaction to this attack? How does this reaction compare to the reaction to the attack in Madrid?
Part 2) What does this attack reveal about Great Britain? What does it reveal about the rest of Europe?
Part 3) Do you believe attacks like this one will continue? Why or why not? If so, what can be done to stop them?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)