Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hirsi want to do?
2. European authorities believe that when a Muslim attacks a Jewish person, it is because of what reason?
3. During the first uprising in 1983 between Israel and Palestine, the Jews were portrayed as _________________.
4. Britain Home Secretary David Plunkett proposed a bill that would make it illegal to do what?
5. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews and their belongings?
Essay Topic 1
The writer never felt more like an American until 9/11.
Part 1) Why did he feel this way? How did his view of the U.S. change from the time he moved to Europe until this day?
Part 2) How did the view of many Europeans regarding this tragedy compare to the author's? Why? What does this say about both the author and the Europeans?
Part 3) What other events might have changed the European perspective on 9/11? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Krekar was a Mullah and an Iraqi Kurd.
Part 1) Summarize his story. Why is he adored by some and hated by others? What is the cause for these contrasting opinions?
Part 2) What does this attitude towards the Mullah reveal and reinforce about the European people? How does it reinforce the differences between European and American culture?
Part 3) What are your feelings regarding Mullah Krekar? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Europe is Anti-American.
Part 1) Why does the author say this? What proof does he give? Is this valid? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do Americans feel about Europeans? Is this negative feeling mutual? Why or why not?
Part 3) How will these negative feelings affect relations in the future? Use the text to support your response.
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)