|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. European authorities believe that when a Muslim attacks a Jewish person, it is because of what reason?
2. How do Muslims deal with non-Muslims?
3. After 9/11 Muslims in ___________ applauded the attacks, celebrating in the streets and calling on a holy war of their society as well.
4. The establishment's response was to do what?
5. For ______________ this country fought against intruders.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Madrid? How did people react to this?
2. Who was Pim Fortuyn? What were his beliefs?
3. What happened to Van Gogh? How did others react to this?
4. What did Hirsi write? Describe this.
5. How did Germany begin to deal with immigration?
6. Why might it be a problem if Europe wanted to switch to an American style economy?
7. Describe Germany's economy.
8. Who is Johan Galtung? What are Galtung's beliefs?
9. How was the Dutch citizenry wiser than its government?
10. What did Hirsi want to do for Muslims?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A Jew is never seen as being European.
Part 1) How are they seen? Why are they seen in this way? How has this affected Jewish life in Europe?
Part 2) How did the results of World War II aid in tolerance of Jews? Why is this tolerance fading, according to the author?
Part 3) How successful is multiculturalism in Europe? Why? How does this compare to multiculturalism in the U.S.?
Essay Topic 2
Olaf Gersemann tried to break the stereotype that Europeans had towards Americans.
Part 1) How does he go about trying to break this? Why does he try to break this stereotype? How does he benefit from ti?
Part 2) Is he successful at breaking the stereotype? Why or why not? What stereotype do Americans have of Europeans? Why?
Part 3) What stereotypes do you witness in your own life? Are these accurate? Why or why not? Can they be broken? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Separate but equal remains in many parts of Europe.
Part 1) What is meant by separate but equal? Why does this exist?
Part 2) How effective in this policy? Explain. How does this affect immigrants to Europe?
Part 3) How has the U.S. been affected by this policy? Does it still exist today? Why or why not?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)