|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The American style economy is a danger to them because of what reason?
2. On July 7th, 2005, what happened?
3. One reason why Europe is so anti-American is because America is a _____________ that has succeeded against their social democracy.
4. According to the author, European countries are using the Muslims to do what?
5. The establishment's response was to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the major trend in Europe?
2. What is one reason given by the author for why Europe is so anti America?
3. What happened in Denmark after the 9/11 attacks? How did the Prime Minister deal with this?
4. How was the Dutch citizenry wiser than its government?
5. How are Muslims a problem in schools?
6. Who is Johan Galtung? What are Galtung's beliefs?
7. What happened to London? What was Prime Minister Tony Blair's response? How was Europe affected by this?
8. What was the establishment's response to the public's dislike of their constitution?
9. What did Denmark do for its Jews during World War II?
10. Why did Baum want to keep up with Dutch issues?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Western Europe desperately needs immigrants.
Part 1) Why does it need immigrants? Why does the author believe it going about gaining citizens in the wrong way?
Part 2) What might eventually happen it these types of immigrants continue to enter the continent without any measures of control? Use the text to support your response.
Part 3) How has the U.S. been affected by immigrants? How are we still affected by immigrants? With what issues does the U.S. deal today regarding immigration? How does the U.S. deal with this issue? Does our country handle this issue well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Paris is becoming more of a Muslim city every day.
Part 1) Why does the author say this? Is this a problem? Why or why not? How has this occurred?
Part 2) What does the author propose should be done? Is this being done? Why or why not?
Part 3) To what culture does this influx of Muslims compare in the U.S.? How does it compare?
Essay Topic 3
Ann Lindh was a Swedish ministers for foreign affairs.
Part 1) For what was she the forerunner? What is beneficial about this? What is detrimental? Why?
Part 2) How does Lindh reflect the view of many Europeans? Why does the author see this as a problem?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on this topic? Is this an issue in the U.S.? Why or why not? What other religious and cultural issues exist in the U.S.?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)