|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On July 7th, 2005, what happened?
2. The Dutch approach to immigration and integration was what approach?
3. He approached his people in a fashion similar to whom?
4. Europeans remain convinced that the Jews are the __________ that needed to be stopped.
5. After 9/11 Muslims in ___________ applauded the attacks, celebrating in the streets and calling on a holy war of their society as well.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Van Gogh? How did others react to this?
2. Why might it be a problem if Europe wanted to switch to an American style economy?
3. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews?
4. How was the Dutch citizenry wiser than its government?
5. What do many European authorities believe about Muslim attacks on Jews?
6. What did Europe think of Arafat?
7. What did Denmark do for its Jews during World War II?
8. How did Germany begin to deal with immigration?
9. What happened in Madrid? How did people react to this?
10. Why does the author believe the U.S. will support Western Europe in protecting its freedom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Multiculturalism has not been successful in Europe.
Part 1) How has Europe attempted multiculturalism? Why has it not been successful at all, according to the author? Could it be successful? Why or why not?
Part 2) Has multiculturalism been successful in the U.S.? Why or why not? What can Europe and the U.S. learn from each other regarding multiculturalism?
Part 3) What can you do in your own community to promote multiculturalism? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
European politicians are trusted.
Part 1) Why are they trusted? How does this compare to the U.S. view of politicians? Should politicians be trusted? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does this trust affect Europe? How does this also affect immigrants and integration?
Part 3) How different might Europe be if Europeans treated their politicians as Americans treat their own?
Essay Topic 3
On July 7, 2005, London was attacked.
Part 1) Describe this attack. Why might it have taken place? What is the reaction to this attack? How does this reaction compare to the reaction to the attack in Madrid?
Part 2) What does this attack reveal about Great Britain? What does it reveal about the rest of Europe?
Part 3) Do you believe attacks like this one will continue? Why or why not? If so, what can be done to stop them?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)