Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hirsi want to do?
2. European authorities believe that when a Muslim attacks a Jewish person, it is because of what reason?
3. During the first uprising in 1983 between Israel and Palestine, the Jews were portrayed as _________________.
4. Britain Home Secretary David Plunkett proposed a bill that would make it illegal to do what?
5. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews and their belongings?
Essay Topic 1
Multiculturalism has not been successful in Europe.
Part 1) How has Europe attempted multiculturalism? Why has it not been successful at all, according to the author? Could it be successful? Why or why not?
Part 2) Has multiculturalism been successful in the U.S.? Why or why not? What can Europe and the U.S. learn from each other regarding multiculturalism?
Part 3) What can you do in your own community to promote multiculturalism? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Europeans and Americans do not think the same way.
Part 1) What does the author mean by this? How do Americans think? How do Europeans think? What are possible causes for these differences?
Part 2) How do these different ways of thinking influence the way the country is run and the way people live?
Part 3) What differences of opinion are seen in your own life and community? What accounts for these differences?
Essay Topic 3
On July 7, 2005, London was attacked.
Part 1) Describe this attack. Why might it have taken place? What is the reaction to this attack? How does this reaction compare to the reaction to the attack in Madrid?
Part 2) What does this attack reveal about Great Britain? What does it reveal about the rest of Europe?
Part 3) Do you believe attacks like this one will continue? Why or why not? If so, what can be done to stop them?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)