|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baum compares radical Islamists to what group of people?
2. He was vilified by other Western European nations as what?
3. During the first uprising in 1983 between Israel and Palestine, the Jews were portrayed as _________________.
4. She knew that Social Democrats were big on protecting who?
5. The Social Democrats had gained control of Denmark and Prime Minister _________________ promised he would change immigration policies and invest in a solid integration packet.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened with the European Union tried to get its constitution out?
2. What did Hirsi want to do for Muslims?
3. What was the major trend in Europe?
4. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews?
5. How did Germany begin to deal with immigration?
6. Why might it be a problem if Europe wanted to switch to an American style economy?
7. What happened in Madrid? How did people react to this?
8. Why does the author believe the U.S. will support Western Europe in protecting its freedom?
9. What happened to London? What was Prime Minister Tony Blair's response? How was Europe affected by this?
10. What do many European authorities believe about Muslim attacks on Jews?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many cultural differences exist between the Americans and Europeans.
Part 1) Describe four of these differences. How are these differences seen in the cultures of these two areas of the Western world?
Part 2) How do these differences influence their behavior towards those of other cultures and religions? How does this influence their behavior towards each other?
Part 3) How is your culture important to you? How does it influence your beliefs and actions?
Essay Topic 2
The writer never felt more like an American until 9/11.
Part 1) Why did he feel this way? How did his view of the U.S. change from the time he moved to Europe until this day?
Part 2) How did the view of many Europeans regarding this tragedy compare to the author's? Why? What does this say about both the author and the Europeans?
Part 3) What other events might have changed the European perspective on 9/11? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Krekar was a Mullah and an Iraqi Kurd.
Part 1) Summarize his story. Why is he adored by some and hated by others? What is the cause for these contrasting opinions?
Part 2) What does this attitude towards the Mullah reveal and reinforce about the European people? How does it reinforce the differences between European and American culture?
Part 3) What are your feelings regarding Mullah Krekar? Explain.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)