|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Dutch approach to immigration and integration was what approach?
2. The officials make it sound like the abuse and prejudice goes both ways, that the Jews do the same to the Muslims. Is this true?
3. What happened to Pim?
4. Ayaan Hirsi Ali was a young Somalian woman living where?
5. A Muslim assailant in Paris stabbed a Jewish boy to death yelling, "God is great." What did the Paris officials do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Avaan Hirsi Ali.
2. What do many European authorities believe about Muslim attacks on Jews?
3. What proof does the author give that anti-Semitism in France is spreading like an epidemic?
4. What happened in Denmark after the 9/11 attacks? How did the Prime Minister deal with this?
5. What does the author say about the German government? What is Baum's response to this?
6. What happened in Madrid? How did people react to this?
7. Who was Pim Fortuyn? What were his beliefs?
8. Who fought the norm in Denmark? What were the results of their actions?
9. How did Germany begin to deal with immigration?
10. What did Hirsi write? Describe this.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Johan Galtung is known as the "father of the international peace studies movement."
Part 1) Describe Galtung and his work. How is his work both beneficial and detrimental?
Part 2) What does the author think of him and his work? Why? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe peace is the only way the liberty America wishes upon everyone can be achieved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Paris is becoming more of a Muslim city every day.
Part 1) Why does the author say this? Is this a problem? Why or why not? How has this occurred?
Part 2) What does the author propose should be done? Is this being done? Why or why not?
Part 3) To what culture does this influx of Muslims compare in the U.S.? How does it compare?
Essay Topic 3
A class is inevitable between the radical Muslims and liberal Europeans.
Part 1) Describe the radical Muslims and liberal Europeans. Why does the narrator believe a clash is inevitable?
Part 2) Have clashes already occurred? If so, when and why? If not, why not? How has the U.S. clashed with radical Muslims? Why?
Part 3) What might this clash do to Europe? How will this clash affect Americans?
This section contains 1,226 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)