|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After 9/11 Muslims in ___________ applauded the attacks, celebrating in the streets and calling on a holy war of their society as well.
2. Europeans remain convinced that the Jews are the __________ that needed to be stopped.
3. A week after the elections in Spain, Israel assassinated Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, who was the founder of the terrorist group _________.
4. This country worked hard to establish what type of democracy?
5. How do Muslims deal with non-Muslims?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened with the European Union tried to get its constitution out?
2. What did Hirsi write? Describe this.
3. What was the establishment's response to the public's dislike of their constitution?
4. Who fought the norm in Denmark? What were the results of their actions?
5. What happened to London? What was Prime Minister Tony Blair's response? How was Europe affected by this?
6. Who was Pim Fortuyn? What were his beliefs?
7. How was the Dutch citizenry wiser than its government?
8. How are Muslims a problem in schools?
9. Describe Germany's economy.
10. What do many European authorities believe about Muslim attacks on Jews?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Europe is Anti-American.
Part 1) Why does the author say this? What proof does he give? Is this valid? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do Americans feel about Europeans? Is this negative feeling mutual? Why or why not?
Part 3) How will these negative feelings affect relations in the future? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 2
A class is inevitable between the radical Muslims and liberal Europeans.
Part 1) Describe the radical Muslims and liberal Europeans. Why does the narrator believe a clash is inevitable?
Part 2) Have clashes already occurred? If so, when and why? If not, why not? How has the U.S. clashed with radical Muslims? Why?
Part 3) What might this clash do to Europe? How will this clash affect Americans?
Essay Topic 3
Multiculturalism has not been successful in Europe.
Part 1) How has Europe attempted multiculturalism? Why has it not been successful at all, according to the author? Could it be successful? Why or why not?
Part 2) Has multiculturalism been successful in the U.S.? Why or why not? What can Europe and the U.S. learn from each other regarding multiculturalism?
Part 3) What can you do in your own community to promote multiculturalism? Explain.
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)