|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the media and the establishment condemned the action, many Europeans, including more than ________ percent of Norwegians supported it showing that the common people wanted to preserve their liberty and have their voices heard.
2. Europeans have developed a deep nostalgia for the "good old days of ________________."
3. Baum compares radical Islamists to what group of people?
4. Weeks after the film debut, what happened to its director?
5. According to the author, European countries are using the Muslims to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Muslims a problem in schools?
2. What was the establishment's response to the public's dislike of their constitution?
3. How was the Dutch citizenry wiser than its government?
4. What do many European authorities believe about Muslim attacks on Jews?
5. What happened in Denmark after the 9/11 attacks? How did the Prime Minister deal with this?
6. What happened to Van Gogh? How did others react to this?
7. Why did the terrorists attack Spain? How did this lead to Europe going back to its peaceful ways?
8. What did Europe think of Arafat?
9. What does the author say about the German government? What is Baum's response to this?
10. Who is Johan Galtung? What are Galtung's beliefs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Krekar was a Mullah and an Iraqi Kurd.
Part 1) Summarize his story. Why is he adored by some and hated by others? What is the cause for these contrasting opinions?
Part 2) What does this attitude towards the Mullah reveal and reinforce about the European people? How does it reinforce the differences between European and American culture?
Part 3) What are your feelings regarding Mullah Krekar? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Separate but equal remains in many parts of Europe.
Part 1) What is meant by separate but equal? Why does this exist?
Part 2) How effective in this policy? Explain. How does this affect immigrants to Europe?
Part 3) How has the U.S. been affected by this policy? Does it still exist today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
European social organizations are exploited.
Part 1) Describe these social organizations. How are they exploited? Why are they exploited?
Part 2) How does this exploitation affect Europe? What can be done about this? Has anything been done about this? If so, what? If not, why not?
Part 3) Are American social organizations exploited? If so, how? If not, why not?
This section contains 1,105 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)