|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some nations, like ____________, embraced their Jews during the second World War, and stood up against the German Army who tried beating down doors to get their hands on the Jews.
2. Western European nations believe that the best way to help the poor is by doing what?
3. Why do some of these European Muslims hate the terrorists?
4. After 9/11 Muslims in ___________ applauded the attacks, celebrating in the streets and calling on a holy war of their society as well.
5. Ayaan Hirsi Ali was a young Somalian woman living where?
Essay Topic 1
On July 7, 2005, London was attacked.
Part 1) Describe this attack. Why might it have taken place? What is the reaction to this attack? How does this reaction compare to the reaction to the attack in Madrid?
Part 2) What does this attack reveal about Great Britain? What does it reveal about the rest of Europe?
Part 3) Do you believe attacks like this one will continue? Why or why not? If so, what can be done to stop them?
Essay Topic 2
Ann Lindh was a Swedish ministers for foreign affairs.
Part 1) For what was she the forerunner? What is beneficial about this? What is detrimental? Why?
Part 2) How does Lindh reflect the view of many Europeans? Why does the author see this as a problem?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on this topic? Is this an issue in the U.S.? Why or why not? What other religious and cultural issues exist in the U.S.?
Essay Topic 3
Europeans and Americans do not think the same way.
Part 1) What does the author mean by this? How do Americans think? How do Europeans think? What are possible causes for these differences?
Part 2) How do these different ways of thinking influence the way the country is run and the way people live?
Part 3) What differences of opinion are seen in your own life and community? What accounts for these differences?
This section contains 1,625 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)