|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When this Muslim leader would walk the streets, Norwegians who recognized him did what?
2. When the narrator went to the police regarding the physical violence that took place against him, what did they do?
3. When the narrator moved to Norway, he was impressed with what?
4. Cultural walls are very high and they don't embrace even each other's pop culture as much as they do ___________ pop culture.
5. What does the European tolerance of differences in beliefs plus the lack of help in integrating into their new home, create?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mullah Krekar?
2. Describe European journalists.
3. Of what have immigrant Muslims taken advantage?
4. According to the author, there is a clear difference between American and European thinking. What is this difference?
5. What did many Europeans believe about George Bush?
6. Describe European politicians.
7. What did the narrator encounter in Norway?
8. How did the narrator react to the attacks on 9/11?
9. Do Europeans embrace each other's cultures?
10. Who is Ann Lindh? Describe her work.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A class is inevitable between the radical Muslims and liberal Europeans.
Part 1) Describe the radical Muslims and liberal Europeans. Why does the narrator believe a clash is inevitable?
Part 2) Have clashes already occurred? If so, when and why? If not, why not? How has the U.S. clashed with radical Muslims? Why?
Part 3) What might this clash do to Europe? How will this clash affect Americans?
Essay Topic 2
Paris is becoming more of a Muslim city every day.
Part 1) Why does the author say this? Is this a problem? Why or why not? How has this occurred?
Part 2) What does the author propose should be done? Is this being done? Why or why not?
Part 3) To what culture does this influx of Muslims compare in the U.S.? How does it compare?
Essay Topic 3
On July 7, 2005, London was attacked.
Part 1) Describe this attack. Why might it have taken place? What is the reaction to this attack? How does this reaction compare to the reaction to the attack in Madrid?
Part 2) What does this attack reveal about Great Britain? What does it reveal about the rest of Europe?
Part 3) Do you believe attacks like this one will continue? Why or why not? If so, what can be done to stop them?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)