|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do journalists not argue with this method?
2. Despite all of this European confederation, and EU unity, most Europeans are _____________ one another's cultures.
3. The condescending message stated a plethora of random facts and American stereotypes including how Bush "leads a regime," ethnic people are oppressed and humiliated, and that Americans are ________________.
4. What is "honor" killing?
5. What was the name of this man's autobiography?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the narrator encounter in Norway?
2. What did many Europeans believe about George Bush?
3. Describe European journalists.
4. Why is the European media so different from the media in the U.S.?
5. Who is Mullah Krekar?
6. Do Europeans embrace each other's cultures?
7. Describe attacks on gays by Muslims. How did the authorities respond to these attacks?
8. How did the narrator react to the attacks on 9/11?
9. Of what is Bawer convinced? Why?
10. Describe Muslim immigrants.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Separate but equal remains in many parts of Europe.
Part 1) What is meant by separate but equal? Why does this exist?
Part 2) How effective in this policy? Explain. How does this affect immigrants to Europe?
Part 3) How has the U.S. been affected by this policy? Does it still exist today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Western Europe desperately needs immigrants.
Part 1) Why does it need immigrants? Why does the author believe it going about gaining citizens in the wrong way?
Part 2) What might eventually happen it these types of immigrants continue to enter the continent without any measures of control? Use the text to support your response.
Part 3) How has the U.S. been affected by immigrants? How are we still affected by immigrants? With what issues does the U.S. deal today regarding immigration? How does the U.S. deal with this issue? Does our country handle this issue well? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Madrid is attacked on March 11, 2004.
Part 1) Describe this attack. What is the initial reaction of Europeans? Why do they react this way? Does this reaction last? Why or why not?
Part 2) What do you believe might have been the cause of these attacks? Why? Are these attacks successful at accomplishing a goal? Why or why not?
Part 3) How does this attack compare to 9/11 and other attacks on U.S. embassies?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)