|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of the Muslims, according to Bawer, are what?
2. As the days went by, Europeans lashed out their sentiments against Americans, stating what?
3. To what will France have to succumb?
4. Why is the media so one-sided?
5. Why are the younger Muslims an increasing challenge to French society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the European view of the world?
2. Why is the European media so different from the media in the U.S.?
3. Describe Germany's economy.
4. How important is freedom to Americans?
5. Why did the terrorists attack Spain? How did this lead to Europe going back to its peaceful ways?
6. What does the author learn is happening to certain writers in the Netherlands? Why is this happening?
7. What did Europe think of Arafat?
8. Describe Muslim immigrants.
9. How did Germany begin to deal with immigration?
10. What did the narrator encounter in Norway?
Essay Topic 1
Europeans and Americans do not think the same way.
Part 1) What does the author mean by this? How do Americans think? How do Europeans think? What are possible causes for these differences?
Part 2) How do these different ways of thinking influence the way the country is run and the way people live?
Part 3) What differences of opinion are seen in your own life and community? What accounts for these differences?
Essay Topic 2
Europe is Anti-American.
Part 1) Why does the author say this? What proof does he give? Is this valid? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do Americans feel about Europeans? Is this negative feeling mutual? Why or why not?
Part 3) How will these negative feelings affect relations in the future? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
Paris is becoming more of a Muslim city every day.
Part 1) Why does the author say this? Is this a problem? Why or why not? How has this occurred?
Part 2) What does the author propose should be done? Is this being done? Why or why not?
Part 3) To what culture does this influx of Muslims compare in the U.S.? How does it compare?
This section contains 2,291 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)