|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are young Islamics taught about non-Muslims?
2. The narrator and his partner move to _____________________ on April 1, 1999.
3. Bawer searched for information about the Islamists in the Netherlands, and found mostly what?
4. Western Europeans said that the Soviet Union had its merits, especially by providing what?
5. When the narrator went to the police regarding the physical violence that took place against him, what did they do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe European journalists.
2. Who is Ann Lindh? Describe her work.
3. Describe the exploitation of the Western welfare states' generosity.
4. Why do Europeans want to avoid war? How does this desire affect them?
5. Do Europeans embrace each other's cultures?
6. Describe the 68ers.
7. Why is the European media so different from the media in the U.S.?
8. What did many Europeans believe about George Bush?
9. Of what is Bawer convinced? Why?
10. Describe Muslim immigrants.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On July 7, 2005, London was attacked.
Part 1) Describe this attack. Why might it have taken place? What is the reaction to this attack? How does this reaction compare to the reaction to the attack in Madrid?
Part 2) What does this attack reveal about Great Britain? What does it reveal about the rest of Europe?
Part 3) Do you believe attacks like this one will continue? Why or why not? If so, what can be done to stop them?
Essay Topic 2
Europeans and Americans do not think the same way.
Part 1) What does the author mean by this? How do Americans think? How do Europeans think? What are possible causes for these differences?
Part 2) How do these different ways of thinking influence the way the country is run and the way people live?
Part 3) What differences of opinion are seen in your own life and community? What accounts for these differences?
Essay Topic 3
European social organizations are exploited.
Part 1) Describe these social organizations. How are they exploited? Why are they exploited?
Part 2) How does this exploitation affect Europe? What can be done about this? Has anything been done about this? If so, what? If not, why not?
Part 3) Are American social organizations exploited? If so, how? If not, why not?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)