Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Norway stated that Bush was equal to whom?
2. How do Americans view history?
3. What are young Islamics taught about non-Muslims?
4. Europeans want to ignore __________ to prevent war.
5. The Norwegians were heavily populated with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Europeans embrace each other's cultures?
2. What is the European view of the world?
3. Describe the exploitation of the Western welfare states' generosity.
4. What did many Europeans believe about George Bush?
5. What happened with the European Union tried to get its constitution out?
6. Why is the European media so different from the media in the U.S.?
7. Why do Europeans want to avoid war? How does this desire affect them?
8. What did Denmark do for its Jews during World War II?
9. Who fought the norm in Denmark? What were the results of their actions?
10. How are Muslims a problem in schools?
Essay Topic 1
Many cultural differences exist between the Americans and Europeans.
Part 1) Describe four of these differences. How are these differences seen in the cultures of these two areas of the Western world?
Part 2) How do these differences influence their behavior towards those of other cultures and religions? How does this influence their behavior towards each other?
Part 3) How is your culture important to you? How does it influence your beliefs and actions?
Essay Topic 2
Americans believe in liberty for all.
Part 1) How has the author come to this conclusion? How does this compare to the European opinion of liberty?
Part 2) How does this belief affect the opinions of others towards the U.S.? Explain.
Part 3) How is this belief seen in your own community? How does it influence your daily life?
Essay Topic 3
European social organizations are exploited.
Part 1) Describe these social organizations. How are they exploited? Why are they exploited?
Part 2) How does this exploitation affect Europe? What can be done about this? Has anything been done about this? If so, what? If not, why not?
Part 3) Are American social organizations exploited? If so, how? If not, why not?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)