|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. She argued that if Europe continues to do what, the result will be the "preservation of the migrant's separateness, particularisms," and reason for them to maintain the legal ideals of their countries of origin?
2. Who is this Muslim leader?
3. Most Eastern Europeans supported what?
4. The message thanks Americans for giving the world Abraham Lincoln, Jimi Hendrix, Julia Roberts, Miles Davis, and a continuing list of ________________.
5. Why was the Lindh foundation established?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mullah Krekar?
2. Of what have immigrant Muslims taken advantage?
3. How and why has Europe come to this point regarding their immigrants?
4. Describe European journalists.
5. Describe the Norwegian e-mail petition.
6. Why is the European media so different from the media in the U.S.?
7. How important is freedom to Americans?
8. What does the author learn is happening to certain writers in the Netherlands? Why is this happening?
9. What is the European view of the world?
10. How did the narrator react to the attacks on 9/11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Johan Galtung is known as the "father of the international peace studies movement."
Part 1) Describe Galtung and his work. How is his work both beneficial and detrimental?
Part 2) What does the author think of him and his work? Why? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe peace is the only way the liberty America wishes upon everyone can be achieved? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Americans believe in liberty for all.
Part 1) How has the author come to this conclusion? How does this compare to the European opinion of liberty?
Part 2) How does this belief affect the opinions of others towards the U.S.? Explain.
Part 3) How is this belief seen in your own community? How does it influence your daily life?
Essay Topic 3
Paris is becoming more of a Muslim city every day.
Part 1) Why does the author say this? Is this a problem? Why or why not? How has this occurred?
Part 2) What does the author propose should be done? Is this being done? Why or why not?
Part 3) To what culture does this influx of Muslims compare in the U.S.? How does it compare?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)