|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Most Eastern Europeans supported what?
2. What is "honor" killing?
3. Why did Eastern Europeans support this?
4. When the narrator moved to Norway, he was impressed with what?
5. Why are the younger Muslims an increasing challenge to French society?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are young Islamists taught?
2. What did many Europeans believe about George Bush?
3. Describe European politicians.
4. How else does the author say about France and its Muslim population?
5. Describe European journalists.
6. Describe Muslim immigrants.
7. Who is Ann Lindh? Describe her work.
8. Of what have immigrant Muslims taken advantage?
9. Who is Mullah Krekar?
10. Describe immigration and integration in Europe.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Krekar was a Mullah and an Iraqi Kurd.
Part 1) Summarize his story. Why is he adored by some and hated by others? What is the cause for these contrasting opinions?
Part 2) What does this attitude towards the Mullah reveal and reinforce about the European people? How does it reinforce the differences between European and American culture?
Part 3) What are your feelings regarding Mullah Krekar? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Ann Lindh was a Swedish ministers for foreign affairs.
Part 1) For what was she the forerunner? What is beneficial about this? What is detrimental? Why?
Part 2) How does Lindh reflect the view of many Europeans? Why does the author see this as a problem?
Part 3) What are your thoughts on this topic? Is this an issue in the U.S.? Why or why not? What other religious and cultural issues exist in the U.S.?
Essay Topic 3
Olaf Gersemann tried to break the stereotype that Europeans had towards Americans.
Part 1) How does he go about trying to break this? Why does he try to break this stereotype? How does he benefit from ti?
Part 2) Is he successful at breaking the stereotype? Why or why not? What stereotype do Americans have of Europeans? Why?
Part 3) What stereotypes do you witness in your own life? Are these accurate? Why or why not? Can they be broken? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,070 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)