|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do journalists believe it is their job to do?
2. The United States sees immigrants as assets to be integrated into the culture. How do Europeans view immigrants?
3. Both individuals and governments blamed the attack on what?
4. He believes many of the Arab immigrants are actually what?
5. Europeans see government as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Netherlands not protect their Jews?
2. What did Denmark do for its Jews during World War II?
3. What happened to London? What was Prime Minister Tony Blair's response? How was Europe affected by this?
4. Why do Europeans want to avoid war? How does this desire affect them?
5. Why does the author believe the U.S. will support Western Europe in protecting its freedom?
6. Of what have immigrant Muslims taken advantage?
7. What happened with the European Union tried to get its constitution out?
8. What facts does the author give about rape? What is Unni Wikan's response to these rapes?
9. Why did the terrorists attack Spain? How did this lead to Europe going back to its peaceful ways?
10. Who was Pim Fortuyn? What were his beliefs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Separate but equal remains in many parts of Europe.
Part 1) What is meant by separate but equal? Why does this exist?
Part 2) How effective in this policy? Explain. How does this affect immigrants to Europe?
Part 3) How has the U.S. been affected by this policy? Does it still exist today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
European politicians are trusted.
Part 1) Why are they trusted? How does this compare to the U.S. view of politicians? Should politicians be trusted? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does this trust affect Europe? How does this also affect immigrants and integration?
Part 3) How different might Europe be if Europeans treated their politicians as Americans treat their own?
Essay Topic 3
On July 7, 2005, London was attacked.
Part 1) Describe this attack. Why might it have taken place? What is the reaction to this attack? How does this reaction compare to the reaction to the attack in Madrid?
Part 2) What does this attack reveal about Great Britain? What does it reveal about the rest of Europe?
Part 3) Do you believe attacks like this one will continue? Why or why not? If so, what can be done to stop them?
This section contains 2,494 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)