|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Large-scale migration to Europe started around ________ years ago and the European establishment has since "encouraged a romantic view of Muslim immigrants," stating that they are victims and that criticizing them is racist.
2. In some areas of France, why do even non-Muslim girls will wear veils?
3. Why is the media so one-sided?
4. There is a clear difference between American and European _________________.
5. Part of the cultural difference between Americans and the Dutch, and other Europeans is that the Europeans tend to be ___________________, compared the the Americans who are more judgmental about differences.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the exploitation of the Western welfare states' generosity.
2. What facts does the author give about rape? What is Unni Wikan's response to these rapes?
3. Of what have immigrant Muslims taken advantage?
4. What are young Islamists taught?
5. Describe European journalists.
6. What is a cultural practice among Muslims that would be legally punished if practiced by other groups in European countries? What is Wikan's response to this?
7. What is the European view of the world?
8. Who is Mullah Krekar?
9. What did many Europeans believe about George Bush?
10. How else does the author say about France and its Muslim population?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A class is inevitable between the radical Muslims and liberal Europeans.
Part 1) Describe the radical Muslims and liberal Europeans. Why does the narrator believe a clash is inevitable?
Part 2) Have clashes already occurred? If so, when and why? If not, why not? How has the U.S. clashed with radical Muslims? Why?
Part 3) What might this clash do to Europe? How will this clash affect Americans?
Essay Topic 2
European politicians are trusted.
Part 1) Why are they trusted? How does this compare to the U.S. view of politicians? Should politicians be trusted? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does this trust affect Europe? How does this also affect immigrants and integration?
Part 3) How different might Europe be if Europeans treated their politicians as Americans treat their own?
Essay Topic 3
Separate but equal remains in many parts of Europe.
Part 1) What is meant by separate but equal? Why does this exist?
Part 2) How effective in this policy? Explain. How does this affect immigrants to Europe?
Part 3) How has the U.S. been affected by this policy? Does it still exist today? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)