|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Europeans want to ignore __________ to prevent war.
2. He believes many of the Arab immigrants are actually what?
3. When does the Dutch government begin to take these isolated incidents seriously?
4. Those Muslims who live in Europe are constantly augmented by new immigrants from Arab countries, who re-infuse what?
5. Some who are actually European born have moved back to their native countries but continue to receive what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Europeans want to avoid war? How does this desire affect them?
2. Of what have immigrant Muslims taken advantage?
3. Describe the Norwegian e-mail petition.
4. Describe attacks on gays by Muslims. How did the authorities respond to these attacks?
5. Who is Mullah Krekar?
6. Do Europeans embrace each other's cultures?
7. How and why has Europe come to this point regarding their immigrants?
8. What facts does the author give about rape? What is Unni Wikan's response to these rapes?
9. Describe European politicians.
10. How do most Europeans view immigrants? How does this compare to the American view of immigrants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The writer never felt more like an American until 9/11.
Part 1) Why did he feel this way? How did his view of the U.S. change from the time he moved to Europe until this day?
Part 2) How did the view of many Europeans regarding this tragedy compare to the author's? Why? What does this say about both the author and the Europeans?
Part 3) What other events might have changed the European perspective on 9/11? Why?
Essay Topic 2
European politicians are trusted.
Part 1) Why are they trusted? How does this compare to the U.S. view of politicians? Should politicians be trusted? Why or why not?
Part 2) How does this trust affect Europe? How does this also affect immigrants and integration?
Part 3) How different might Europe be if Europeans treated their politicians as Americans treat their own?
Essay Topic 3
Europeans and Americans do not think the same way.
Part 1) What does the author mean by this? How do Americans think? How do Europeans think? What are possible causes for these differences?
Part 2) How do these different ways of thinking influence the way the country is run and the way people live?
Part 3) What differences of opinion are seen in your own life and community? What accounts for these differences?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)