|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Norway stated that Bush was equal to whom?
2. How do Americans view history?
3. What are young Islamics taught about non-Muslims?
4. Europeans want to ignore __________ to prevent war.
5. The Norwegians were heavily populated with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Europeans embrace each other's cultures?
2. What is the European view of the world?
3. Describe the exploitation of the Western welfare states' generosity.
4. What did many Europeans believe about George Bush?
5. What happened with the European Union tried to get its constitution out?
6. Why is the European media so different from the media in the U.S.?
7. Why do Europeans want to avoid war? How does this desire affect them?
8. What did Denmark do for its Jews during World War II?
9. Who fought the norm in Denmark? What were the results of their actions?
10. How are Muslims a problem in schools?
Essay Topic 1
Americans believe in liberty for all.
Part 1) How has the author come to this conclusion? How does this compare to the European opinion of liberty?
Part 2) How does this belief affect the opinions of others towards the U.S.? Explain.
Part 3) How is this belief seen in your own community? How does it influence your daily life?
Essay Topic 2
On July 7, 2005, London was attacked.
Part 1) Describe this attack. Why might it have taken place? What is the reaction to this attack? How does this reaction compare to the reaction to the attack in Madrid?
Part 2) What does this attack reveal about Great Britain? What does it reveal about the rest of Europe?
Part 3) Do you believe attacks like this one will continue? Why or why not? If so, what can be done to stop them?
Essay Topic 3
Johan Galtung is known as the "father of the international peace studies movement."
Part 1) Describe Galtung and his work. How is his work both beneficial and detrimental?
Part 2) What does the author think of him and his work? Why? Do you agree? Why or why not?
Part 3) Do you believe peace is the only way the liberty America wishes upon everyone can be achieved? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,382 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)