|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do journalists not argue with this method?
2. Paris is becoming more of ________ city every day.
3. To what will France have to succumb?
4. These Muslims are mostly of _________ descent.
5. What are these Muslims called?
Short Essay Questions
1. How and why has Europe come to this point regarding their immigrants?
2. What does the author learn is happening to certain writers in the Netherlands? Why is this happening?
3. According to the author, there is a clear difference between American and European thinking. What is this difference?
4. What is the European view of the world?
5. How do most Europeans view immigrants? How does this compare to the American view of immigrants?
6. What are young Islamists taught?
7. Describe European politicians.
8. What did many Europeans believe about George Bush?
9. Why do Europeans want to avoid war? How does this desire affect them?
10. What did the narrator encounter in Norway?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Americans believe in liberty for all.
Part 1) How has the author come to this conclusion? How does this compare to the European opinion of liberty?
Part 2) How does this belief affect the opinions of others towards the U.S.? Explain.
Part 3) How is this belief seen in your own community? How does it influence your daily life?
Essay Topic 2
Krekar was a Mullah and an Iraqi Kurd.
Part 1) Summarize his story. Why is he adored by some and hated by others? What is the cause for these contrasting opinions?
Part 2) What does this attitude towards the Mullah reveal and reinforce about the European people? How does it reinforce the differences between European and American culture?
Part 3) What are your feelings regarding Mullah Krekar? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
European countries are using Muslims to get rid of the Jews.
Part 1) Why does the author believe this? How are the Muslims getting rid of the Jews, according to the author?
Part 2) Why would the rest of Europe want this? How does this compare to American sentiments regarding other races?
Part 3) What does the author believe will be the end result of these actions? How does he support his beliefs? Do you agree? Why or why not?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)