|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Western Europeans said that the Soviet Union had its merits, especially by providing what?
2. In what are these Muslims leaders?
3. She argued that if Europe continues to do what, the result will be the "preservation of the migrant's separateness, particularisms," and reason for them to maintain the legal ideals of their countries of origin?
4. The narrator believes that the European attitude has created what?
5. Some Muslims become even _________________ once they get to Europe.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the 68ers.
2. How do most Europeans view immigrants? How does this compare to the American view of immigrants?
3. How did the narrator react to the attacks on 9/11?
4. What facts does the author give about rape? What is Unni Wikan's response to these rapes?
5. Why do Europeans want to avoid war? How does this desire affect them?
6. How and why has Europe come to this point regarding their immigrants?
7. Who is Ann Lindh? Describe her work.
8. Why is the European media so different from the media in the U.S.?
9. Of what is Bawer convinced? Why?
10. How important is freedom to Americans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On July 7, 2005, London was attacked.
Part 1) Describe this attack. Why might it have taken place? What is the reaction to this attack? How does this reaction compare to the reaction to the attack in Madrid?
Part 2) What does this attack reveal about Great Britain? What does it reveal about the rest of Europe?
Part 3) Do you believe attacks like this one will continue? Why or why not? If so, what can be done to stop them?
Essay Topic 2
The writer never felt more like an American until 9/11.
Part 1) Why did he feel this way? How did his view of the U.S. change from the time he moved to Europe until this day?
Part 2) How did the view of many Europeans regarding this tragedy compare to the author's? Why? What does this say about both the author and the Europeans?
Part 3) What other events might have changed the European perspective on 9/11? Why?
Essay Topic 3
European countries are using Muslims to get rid of the Jews.
Part 1) Why does the author believe this? How are the Muslims getting rid of the Jews, according to the author?
Part 2) Why would the rest of Europe want this? How does this compare to American sentiments regarding other races?
Part 3) What does the author believe will be the end result of these actions? How does he support his beliefs? Do you agree? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,168 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)