|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did any European countries support Bush's invasion of Iraq?
2. If a job opens up for a doctor or an educator, and a Muslim is exceedingly more qualified than ten of his or her European colleagues, the job will more likely go to whom?
3. How many of the 5 million Muslims in France reside in Paris?
4. Those Muslims who live in Europe are constantly augmented by new immigrants from Arab countries, who re-infuse what?
5. The message thanks Americans for giving the world Abraham Lincoln, Jimi Hendrix, Julia Roberts, Miles Davis, and a continuing list of ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Muslim immigrants.
2. How else does the author say about France and its Muslim population?
3. Describe immigration and integration in Europe.
4. What are young Islamists taught?
5. Describe the Norwegian e-mail petition.
6. What is the European view of the world?
7. What does the author learn is happening to certain writers in the Netherlands? Why is this happening?
8. What facts does the author give about rape? What is Unni Wikan's response to these rapes?
9. Why are Europeans wrong in assuming that any immigrants would eventually "melt" into the general culture of the country in which they settle?
10. Who is Ann Lindh? Describe her work.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Olaf Gersemann tried to break the stereotype that Europeans had towards Americans.
Part 1) How does he go about trying to break this? Why does he try to break this stereotype? How does he benefit from ti?
Part 2) Is he successful at breaking the stereotype? Why or why not? What stereotype do Americans have of Europeans? Why?
Part 3) What stereotypes do you witness in your own life? Are these accurate? Why or why not? Can they be broken? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Europe is Anti-American.
Part 1) Why does the author say this? What proof does he give? Is this valid? Why or why not?
Part 2) How do Americans feel about Europeans? Is this negative feeling mutual? Why or why not?
Part 3) How will these negative feelings affect relations in the future? Use the text to support your response.
Essay Topic 3
European countries are using Muslims to get rid of the Jews.
Part 1) Why does the author believe this? How are the Muslims getting rid of the Jews, according to the author?
Part 2) Why would the rest of Europe want this? How does this compare to American sentiments regarding other races?
Part 3) What does the author believe will be the end result of these actions? How does he support his beliefs? Do you agree? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)