|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the prime examples of Europeans "faintness of heart" when dealing with Muslim's is the story of whom?
2. In September of 2001, "non-Western immigrants" who are synonymous with Muslims committed _________ of rapes.
3. Bawer learns from a friend in the Netherlands that Muslim radicals are terrorizing and murdering who?
4. Why do journalists not argue with this method?
5. An Islamic person who participates in Western culture brings __________________ to his family and religion.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Muslim immigrants.
2. Of what have immigrant Muslims taken advantage?
3. How important is freedom to Americans?
4. Describe European journalists.
5. How else does the author say about France and its Muslim population?
6. How do most Europeans view immigrants? How does this compare to the American view of immigrants?
7. Who is Ann Lindh? Describe her work.
8. What is Paris becoming? How does the author support this?
9. Why do Europeans want to avoid war? How does this desire affect them?
10. Describe the 68ers.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
European social organizations are exploited.
Part 1) Describe these social organizations. How are they exploited? Why are they exploited?
Part 2) How does this exploitation affect Europe? What can be done about this? Has anything been done about this? If so, what? If not, why not?
Part 3) Are American social organizations exploited? If so, how? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
Krekar was a Mullah and an Iraqi Kurd.
Part 1) Summarize his story. Why is he adored by some and hated by others? What is the cause for these contrasting opinions?
Part 2) What does this attitude towards the Mullah reveal and reinforce about the European people? How does it reinforce the differences between European and American culture?
Part 3) What are your feelings regarding Mullah Krekar? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
A class is inevitable between the radical Muslims and liberal Europeans.
Part 1) Describe the radical Muslims and liberal Europeans. Why does the narrator believe a clash is inevitable?
Part 2) Have clashes already occurred? If so, when and why? If not, why not? How has the U.S. clashed with radical Muslims? Why?
Part 3) What might this clash do to Europe? How will this clash affect Americans?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)